Ditka 'embarrassed' for Rams involved in 'hands up Protest

HOUSE

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mike brown - thief and thug. Nothing to discuss really. Don't steal and act like a dumbass and you would still be alive.

Garner has a little smoke with the cops questionable past. Cop is a little bit of a sparkplug perhaps.

"The cop in question in the Garner case, Daniel Pantaleo, had twice been sued for violating a citizen’s constitutional rights. One lawsuit accused Pantaleo and other officers of illegally pulling over a car, falsely claiming to have found crack and forcing the car’s occupants to strip nude, squat, and cough. The city settled that lawsuit for $30,000. The other lawsuit is still pending. It accuses Pantaleo of misstating facts about a marijuana arrest in a case where there charges were later dismissed.

Bad cops on the job

The cop in question in the Garner case, Daniel Pantaleo, had twice been sued for violating a citizen’s constitutional rights. One lawsuit accused Pantaleo and other officers of illegally pulling over a car, falsely claiming to have found crack and forcing the car’s occupants to strip nude, squat, and cough. The city settled that lawsuit for $30,000. The other lawsuit is still pending. It accuses Pantaleo of misstating facts about a marijuana arrest in a case where there charges were later dismissed"

Cop lies a few times, keeps his job ? Hmmmm Guess he lucked out this guy was 400 pounds or this would be his strike 3.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

mike brown - thief and thug. Nothing to discuss really. Don't steal and act like a dumbass and you would still be alive.

Garner has a little smoke with the cops questionable past. Cop is a little bit of a sparkplug perhaps.

"The cop in question in the Garner case, Daniel Pantaleo, had twice been sued for violating a citizen's constitutional rights. One lawsuit accused Pantaleo and other officers of illegally pulling over a car, falsely claiming to have found crack and forcing the car's occupants to strip nude, squat, and cough. The city settled that lawsuit for $30,000. The other lawsuit is still pending. It accuses Pantaleo of misstating facts about a marijuana arrest in a case where there charges were later dismissed.

Bad cops on the job

The cop in question in the Garner case, Daniel Pantaleo, had twice been sued for violating a citizen's constitutional rights. One lawsuit accused Pantaleo and other officers of illegally pulling over a car, falsely claiming to have found crack and forcing the car's occupants to strip nude, squat, and cough. The city settled that lawsuit for $30,000. The other lawsuit is still pending. It accuses Pantaleo of misstating facts about a marijuana arrest in a case where there charges were later dismissed"

Cop lies a few times, keeps his job ? Hmmmm Guess he lucked out this guy was 400 pounds or this would be his strike 3.

Oh, it's not luck. Maybe this is the point where liberals finally take the next logical step and realize the impact of giant municipal labor unions on the quality of law enforcement (and education and government services in general).

My one black roommate in college got harassed by police at an airport for "looking like a thug." My car was tailed by police for over 30 minutes as we headed back to our dorm. There are some ****ty police and many more great policemen.

Exaclty. I had crappy teachers that were over the top with how upset they got - I've had bosses that were insulting and ridiculous - I've gotten pulled over by police officers and some friendly that even let me go and some that didn't give a crap to hear my side. - I've had coaches that said so many inappropriate things to us they would be arrested in today's society.

But in each of these situations I respected their authority and realized no matter what the right thing for me to do was give them the same respect I gave the ones that treated us better. It's a cultural thing - we're encouraged and enabled to question everyone in authority. Sometimes that's good and sometimes that's bad - no different than when I grew up you respected no matter what. Sometimes that was good and sometimes it was bad because we should have done something about a few things that went on.

Exaclty. I had crappy teachers that were over the top with how upset they got - I've had bosses that were insulting and ridiculous - I've gotten pulled over by police officers and some friendly that even let me go and some that didn't give a crap to hear my side. - I've had coaches that said so many inappropriate things to us they would be arrested in today's society.

But in each of these situations I respected their authority and realized no matter what the right thing for me to do was give them the same respect I gave the ones that treated us better. It's a cultural thing - we're encouraged and enabled to question everyone in authority. Sometimes that's good and sometimes that's bad - no different than when I grew up you respected no matter what. Sometimes that was good and sometimes it was bad because we should have done something about a few things that went on.

Don't take this personally because this is more about my pet peeve with "respect" than anything you were trying to say here, but I think what you mean is courtesy.

Everyone is entitled to common courtesy until they've proven otherwise, but no one's entitled to respect until they earn it. And those who do earn respect aren't entitled to equal respect. Respect is a ranking of people relative to others based on attributes they've demonstrated that you value. Equal respect is therefore the abolition of respect.