Film Room - Aaron Rodgers

thebandit27

A great brakdown from Football Outsiders' Cian Fahey.

http://www.footballo...aaron-rodgers-0

For my money, Rodgers and Andrew Luck are easily the 2 best QBs in the world right now.

Can't argue that. I was listening to a report recently that said Rodgers actually practices throwing from all sorts of off balance stances and arm positions. Uncanny accuracy and ball placement. I wouldn't mind a nice, stiff breeze when they visit next week.

GO BILLS!!!

A great brakdown from Football Outsiders' Cian Fahey.

http://www.footballo...aaron-rodgers-0

For my money, Rodgers and Andrew Luck are easily the 2 best QBs in the world right now.

Brees , Brady, and P. Manning are better QBs than Luck at this point based on their performance over past 3 seasons (try QB rating as an objective criteria). Seems like an arbitrary ranking to put Luck up there.

Edited by prissythecat

Rodgers yes. Luck--not yet.

I felt the same prior to this season. This year, he's taken that team completely on his back. No running game, no OL to speak of, an aging/underachieving group of targets (outside of T.Y. Hilton), and yet they're the #1 offense in yards/game and points scored.

IMO, he's taken the step.

Brees , Brady, P Manning are better QBs than Luck at this point based on their performace over past 3 seasons (try QB rating as an objective criteria). Seems like an arbitrary ranking to put Luck up there.

If I was basing it on average performance over the past 3 years, then this is absolutely right. I'm not; I'm basing it on who I'd want to play QB for my next NFL game. Luck is #2 to Rodgers right now, and then there's a gap to the 3 you've mentioned. Why? Because Luck can do it all. He's a tremendously gifted pocket passer, he's an outstanding athlete, and he's deceptively huge. I mean, it almost goes completely unmentioned that he's 240 lbs because he moves so well.

I also find it incredible that he does what he does playing behind an offensive line that allows the 7th-most QB hits.

I felt the same prior to this season. This year, he's taken that team completely on his back. No running game, no OL to speak of, an aging/underachieving group of targets (outside of T.Y. Hilton), and yet they're the #1 offense in yards/game and points scored.

IMO, he's taken the step.

If I was basing it on average performance over the past 3 years, then this is absolutely right. I'm not; I'm basing it on who I'd want to play QB for my next NFL game. Luck is #2 to Rodgers right now, and then there's a gap to the 3 you've mentioned. Why? Because Luck can do it all. He's a tremendously gifted pocket passer, he's an outstanding athlete, and he's deceptively huge. I mean, it almost goes completely unmentioned that he's 240 lbs because he moves so well.

I also find it incredible that he does what he does playing behind an offensive line that allows the 7th-most QB hits.

Lucks aging/underachieving targets are all better than what Brady has to to throw to every week. And NE has knocked off nearly every division leader it has played.

Luck has one qaulity win (Baltimore) this season.

Lucks aging/underachieving targets are all better than what Brady has to to throw to every week. And NE has knocked off nearly every division leader it has played.

I get the "one quality win" argument, but Luck doesn't control what teams he plays against. He has been absolutely dominant against the competition, regardless. That's all you can ask.

GO BILLS!!!

Rodgers absolutely. But I would choose Brady as the close second. About Luck, I come away from his games slightly underwhelmed. Can't put my finger on it but every time I watch a Colts game wanting to be wowed and come away impressed by a few passes but feeling empty about the overall game. Does this make any sense ?

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Luck has one quality target in Hilton; Brady has one in Gronk.

There isn't a huge discrepancy in quality of targets IMO.