$15 Minimum Wage Battle Moves To Other Industries

Tiberius

But they are still paying in Seattle, so what's the problem? Seattle is doing fine, great in fact. You are yammering about nothing, as usual

[This is an automated response.]

The stupid...it hurts...make it stop...

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.10.

You do realize--ya right--that businesses have to operate with future conditions in mind? Of course you don't.

:w00t:

This is such a dumbass post there is nothing I can say in response. Admit it. You thought Seattle's minimum wage was $15 an hour didn't you.

Edited by Chef Jim

[This is an automated response.]

The stupid...it hurts...make it stop...

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.10.

DEAR ABBY: I recently had a baby and gained 25 pounds. My husband and I decided to go on a post-baby diet, which includes cutting out carbs and sugar. Over the past month, he has lost about 15 pounds; I lost eight.

The problem is, he is constantly talking about our diet. He dictates everything we eat, although he refuses to cook. He also wants to know my exact weight to see how I’m doing.

Abby, I’m too embarrassed to tell him my weight as I’m a few pounds heavier than he is. Why doesn’t he understand that weighing me is very embarrassing?

He constantly tells me he loves me and wants to help me live a healthy lifestyle. I should also mention that I have suffered from emotional eating my entire life. — NOT WANTING TO WEIGH IN

DEAR NOT WANTING TO WEIGH IN: The person determining your post-baby diet should not be your husband; it should be your doctor or a licensed nutritionist. Your husband may be well-meaning, but what he is doing is counterproductive. When emotional eaters are stressed, they eat!

Please schedule an appointment with your physician and your spouse to talk about what’s going on because it is not healthy for you or your marriage.

DEAR ABBY: I recently had a baby and gained 25 pounds. My husband and I decided to go on a post-baby diet, which includes cutting out carbs and sugar. Over the past month, he has lost about 15 pounds; I lost eight.

The problem is, he is constantly talking about our diet. He dictates everything we eat, although he refuses to cook. He also wants to know my exact weight to see how I’m doing.

Abby, I’m too embarrassed to tell him my weight as I’m a few pounds heavier than he is. Why doesn’t he understand that weighing me is very embarrassing?

He constantly tells me he loves me and wants to help me live a healthy lifestyle. I should also mention that I have suffered from emotional eating my entire life. — NOT WANTING TO WEIGH IN

It's time for you to take on your responsibilities again. When was the last time you gave him head or took it up the bung hole? It's a trying time dealing with a newborn, but you make it worse by putting a plastic sheet on the couch before getting a facial or receiving a golden shower. You know, one of the worst things people in a relationship can do is pretend to be something or someone else. You need to get back to your roots and show him you are still his B word.

• 1 month later...
Restaurant die-off is first course of California’s $15 minimum wage

The Fresno Bee ^ | June 13, 2017 | Jeremy Bagott

In a pair of affluent coastal California counties, the canary in the mineshaft has gotten splayed, spatchcocked and plated over a bed of unintended consequences, garnished with sprigs of locally sourced economic distortion and non-GMO, “What the heck were they thinking?”

The result of one early experiment in a citywide $15 minimum wage is an ominous sign for the state’s poorer inland counties as the statewide wage floor creeps toward the mark.

Consider San Francisco, an early adopter of the $15 wage. It’s now experiencing a restaurant die-off, minting jobless hash-slingers, cashiers, busboys, scullery engineers and line cooks as they get pink-slipped in increasing numbers. And the wage there hasn’t yet hit $15.

As the East Bay Times reported in January, at least 60 restaurants around the Bay Area had closed since September alone.

(Excerpt) Read more at fresnobee.com ...

Restaurant die-off is first course of California’s $15 minimum wage

The Fresno Bee ^ | June 13, 2017 | Jeremy Bagott

In a pair of affluent coastal California counties, the canary in the mineshaft has gotten splayed, spatchcocked and plated over a bed of unintended consequences, garnished with sprigs of locally sourced economic distortion and non-GMO, “What the heck were they thinking?”

The result of one early experiment in a citywide $15 minimum wage is an ominous sign for the state’s poorer inland counties as the statewide wage floor creeps toward the mark.

Consider San Francisco, an early adopter of the $15 wage. It’s now experiencing a restaurant die-off, minting jobless hash-slingers, cashiers, busboys, scullery engineers and line cooks actors and actresses as they get pink-slipped in increasing numbers. And the wage there hasn’t yet hit $15.

As the East Bay Times reported in January, at least 60 restaurants around the Bay Area had closed since September alone.

(Excerpt) Read more at fresnobee.com ...

Fixed.