The North Korea Haircut Policy

For those of you more well-versed in World History, I would appreciate your comments regarding North Korea's new war against long hair. Not only are they telling men to keep their hair cut to 2 inches, but they are going so far as to publicly call out people who do not keep their hair cut.

They say that long hair robs your brain of oxygen, and apparently makes you more stupid. Likewise, this only applies to men, so apparently they have no problem with stupid women.

There is also this caption:

Hair is a "very important issue that shows the people's cultural standards and mental and moral state", argues Minju Choson, a government daily.

"No matter how good the clothes, if one does not wear tidy shoes, one's personality will be downgraded."

For party papers such as Nodong Sinmun, the struggle against foreign and anti-communist influence is being fought out in the arena of personal appearance.

"People who wear other's style of dress and live in other's style will become fools and that nation will come to ruin," it says.

I know this sounds crazy, but this is the kind of stuff that makes me worry about Kim.

Story Here.

How do you perceive this news?

For those of you more well-versed in World History, I would appreciate your comments regarding North Korea's new war against long hair. Not only are they telling men to keep their hair cut to 2 inches, but they are going so far as to publicly call out people who do not keep their hair cut.

They say that long hair robs your brain of oxygen, and apparently makes you more stupid. Likewise, this only applies to men, so apparently they have no problem with stupid women.

I know this sounds crazy, but this is the kind of stuff that makes me worry about Kim.

Story Here.

226545[/snapback]

I read that this morning. I like the part about the " Comb over" being ok for older guys.

The current regime will not last out Bush's current term IMO. It is pretty questionable if Kim is still in charge, no new footage of him on NK Tv for two years (just old stuff). The regime has been going down the dunny for the last 14/15 years since the USSR folded and is about to finally get flushed.....of course the next regime will probably be more old commie scum, but would not reckon on them lasting too long either.

Story Here.

226545[/snapback]

Looks like the BBC is a little slow, since this came out a while back. Even Kim changed his hair style in accordance with the new policy.

It must have been one of those slow days for Kim and he dreamed this up.

The current regime will not last out Bush's current term IMO. It is pretty questionable if Kim is still in charge, no new footage of him on NK Tv for two years (just old stuff). The regime has been going down the dunny for the last 14/15 years since the USSR folded and is about to finally get flushed.....of course the next regime will probably be more old commie scum, but would not reckon on them lasting too long either.

226589[/snapback]

There is no question that Kim is still in charge. He has restructured his government to guarantee that he remains in charge. Older military folk have been replaced with the younger crowd, which gives Kim more loyal subjects in higher positions in the military.

There will be no new regime unless Kim dies. He will not be pushed out.