Drew Brees anyone ?

HOUSE

Yeah just what we need, bail the aints out of their salary cap problems and make then ours. Let's take Byrd back too while we're at it. Heck even Graham is under performing his contract, so let's take him too. So we coule go back to being a 5 win team starting the month of December too!

Edited by JTSP

What is it about him that you take exception to? Kirby Jackson who lives in the NO area also made some vague comments about his character. He wasn't explicit but the tenor of his comment was critical. I got the impression that his public persona doesn't match his private persona. I suspect that Joe D doesn't have much affection for the current players who forgot the contribution of of their predessors when they signed their labor agreement.

Yes, it all stems from Brees' criticism of former players wanting better benefits and pension plans negotiated into the new CBA in '11. He basically said the former players should have done a better job of holding onto their money and that it's not the responsibility of current players to secure better benefits for retired players. Perhaps the most ungracious and irreverent stand to take considering it was those former players that made the NFL the most popular sport that secured huge broadcasting deals in the first place. For Joe D to call him a "pos" for those remarks spoke volumes.

Damned good QB though. One of the best to ever lace them up.

What is it about him that you take exception to? Kirby Jackson who lives in the NO area also made some vague comments about his character. He wasn't explicit but the tenor of his comment was critical. I got the impression that his public persona doesn't match his private persona. I suspect that Joe D doesn't have much affection for the current players who forgot the contribution of of their predessors when they signed their labor agreement.

he made some comments about not owing the past players that ran out of money when the CBA stuff was going on (as the primary complaint ive seen). also made a probably better left unsaid comment during grahams holdout.

Thanks to the both of you for the information.

Drew Brees had a challenging relationship with his mother who committed suicide. In the attached article I learned that Archie Manning had a similar experience with a parent. In general I get the sense that Brees is a pillar in the community.

Edited by JohnC

Although I highly doubt we get Drew Brees I fully expect the FO to go all out to find a good QB to lead this franchise. The FO knows how close this team is to be a regular contender and they will not be shy about making it happen.

If this is a fringe playoff team with KO, imagine what they are with someone like Joe Flacco. I expect a big move to get a good starter

i think reports of his demise are exaggerated due to the bad record. its been a strange season for that team.

To that point, the article does not allude to his performance going down. As I said above, the implication of this thread is incorrect both from his performance and his offseason availability perspective.

Thanks to the both of you for the information.

Drew Brees had a challenging relationship with his mother who committed suicide. In the attached article I learned that Archie Manning had a similar experience with a parent. In general I get the sense that Brees is a pillar in the community.

in his role as an NFLPA rep and the "business of the game," im back and forth on him -- in the community, i cant sing his praises enough (in my albeit limited exposure).

The Saints are 5-7 and many here believe heading for a rebuilding project.

There has been a lot of rumbling about dealing Brees (35) away and drafting a new Quarterback in 2015.

Most of the rumors are media generated but there might be some truth here....

I have noticed a decline in his play this year but he would still be a huge upgrade in Buffalo.

Simple question, should the Bills be interested ?

I don't care what Drew Brees says..........I believe the trade rumors and his value is still pretty high

http://www.nfl.com/n...ant-to-draft-qb

You do realize that the article you link is discussing drafting a new QB to learn behind Brees, and as a "backup plan" should Brees retire or get injured - not "dealing Brees and drafting a new QB"? In fact, I googled "Drew Brees Trade" and all I could find is stuff about Brees "refuting" that the Saints plan to draft a QB (because, yeah, he's all up in the GM's business?), some stuff on the Darrel Sproles trade, and a bunch of FF advice.

Moreover, Brees pretty much had the Saints bend over and let him drive for his last contract; I'm sure there's all sorts of restrictive stuff in there about trading him. Heck, maybe he made them put in a clause about not drafting a new QB until he says so!

If this happened...........Suuuuuupa Bowllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!

Unfortunate this wont ever happen!

I am not so sure. The Bills are on the edge now, one quarterback away from the Bowl.

New ownership may surprise you.......