Marv Levy hopes the Bills will hire Darryl Talley

HOUSE

I think I read somewhere, something that Bruce Smith touched on in one of the early articles (maybe it was even the Tim Graham article?)... as much as we all love Talley, and want nothing but the best for him, the Pegula's, even with all their money, can't be expected to pony up for every ex-player that has health or financial concerns.

Just an arbitrary example, say they do give Talley a job, and then, down the road, say Don Beebe has similar issues...now, we can debate who was the more important figure in Bills history (Talley or Beebe) but it is it fair, just because they have money, to make the Pegulas' responsible for deciding who they will help, and who they won't? It is kind of a slippery slope. Not saying they won't do anything, or that I wouldn't be happy if they did, but I don't think it is entirely fair to them (the Pegulas) to put them in that position.

How the Pegulas' could make a bigger impact on the game, and all ex-NFL'ers, is concentrating their efforts on making the game safer. That may be a pipe dream, and perhaps nobody wants to watch an NFL that is as watered down as it is perceived to be at the present time...but until then, unfortunately, stories like DT's are going to keep appearing. The owners, as a collective, should do more to take care of players... something that I think will only happen by legislation and through the courts. Pegula has owned the team for a minute...

Edited by Buftex

The thread is about everything related to Talley's situation. The very same story was posted by Frank at 4:56 PM yesterday. Something tells me you didn't bother to look there first.

Why do you care so much? And also, do you remember when you lambasted me for ranking Fitzpatrick just ahead of EJ Manuel on my list of NFL starting QB's as if I had said the sky was green? Let's start a new thread about that.

Why do you care so much? And also, do you remember when you lambasted me for ranking Fitzpatrick just ahead of EJ Manuel on my list of NFL starting QB's as if I had said the sky was green? Let's start a new thread about that.

Why do you care that I care? I certainly don't care whether you do or not. Have a great day.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Why do you care that I care?

I just find it ironic that you are so worried about threads being cluttered but then you clutter threads by talking about how the topic has been covered in other threads, which inevitably leads to bickering like this, which is the very definition of clutter in a thread. And also, do you remember that?

Edited by metzelaars_lives

The thread is about everything related to Talley's situation. The very same story was posted by Frank at 4:56 PM yesterday. Something tells me you didn't bother to look there first.

Although we understand you are trying to help, taking on unofficial duties never works out well. We have the report button for any issues that need to be addressed.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with this topic as it is distinctly different from the Fund Me thread. It certainly could go either way and the OP would not have been wrong in either case.

i'm with you....finding that article in that thread would be due more to luck than anything....that said, JW's article, like all(or at least all i have read) and no mention of TBD....I know Chevy wasn't doing it to promote anything other than raising money for Darryl Talley, but come on, give at least a mention of TBD, especially JW who is a regular contributor..

Just so you know, I mention TBD/TSW in EVERY interview that I give when I'm given the chance, It's harder to do with TV/Radio because they ask specific questions that call for targeted answers. John and I did talk about both having intimate knowledge of this site, but I understand that his responsibility is to get the info about Darryl and the fund out beyond anything else.

Just know that I realize that this site played and continues to play an integral part in making this miracle happen and you all have my deep love and respect.