(OT) Dog

30dive

...well acting very strange. First a little background, he is going to be twelve years old has always been very healthy and very active. He has never caused us a minute of trouble. So here is thing, the last three nights we have come home to find that he has been eating crayons. After the second time we (thought) we hid the crayons but he found two and ate them, paper wrapper left for us to pick up. He does not appear to be suffering any ill effects from his new diet, but I was just wondering if anyone has heard of such a thing, should we be concerned? Obviously we will take him to the vet if we see a change in his physical health.

Call your vet and ask what they think. No need to bring him in, just get an opinion from someone in the field.

Personally, I doubt it's a big deal -- it's just colored wax, and I'm sure kids eat them all the time -- but I'm not a vet either...

CW

...well acting very strange.  First a little background, he is going to be twelve years old has always been very healthy and very active.  He has never caused us a minute of trouble.  So here is thing, the last three nights we have come home to find that he has been eating crayons.  After the second time we (thought) we hid the crayons but he found two and ate them, paper wrapper left for us to pick up.  He does not appear to be suffering any ill effects from his new diet, but I was just wondering if anyone has heard of such a thing, should we be concerned?  Obviously we will take him to the vet if we see a change in his physical health.

17103[/snapback]

Bah, I've got two dachshunds. They get my daughter's crayons all the time. Vet said not to worry about it. But for piece of mind, call your vet =)

-Jeff