Rifle (buck) season in Pa.

Buffaloed in Pa

Wow. Eleven states have banned hunting on Sundays. I'd never heard of such a thing.

Why? The Sunday laws go way back to Puritan roots and "Blue Laws." Notice those 11 states are all on the East Coast.

Why would they want more "weekend warriors" hunting? I would think the true hunters and farmers would actually support no hunting on Sunday. They have 6 other days to hunt. With these weekend warriors, it can get so bad on public land that you better think twice about taking a dump in the woods and using white TP. Do they make blaze orange Charmin? ;-P ;-P

I am not a hunter, but damn i dont know how you guys dont get all shot up out in those woods.

Drove right through central PA yesterday on way back from game...holy moly i could not believe the number of hunters i saw....to go past some ares and see like 20 cars parked...and this was on a cold rainy day around 1PM .

Cant imagine what it was like at 6 am.

Why? The Sunday laws go way back to Puritan roots and "Blue Laws." Notice those 11 states are all on the East Coast.

Why would they want more "weekend warriors" hunting? I would think the true hunters and farmers would actually support no hunting on Sunday. They have 6 other days to hunt. With these weekend warriors, it can get so bad on public land that you better think twice about taking a dump in the woods and using white TP. Do they make blaze orange Charmin? ;-P ;-P

Are you asking me why I've never heard of such a thing? I can't answer why I had not previously heard it. I can't even google that information!

I knew about blue laws re: alcohol sales; I'd just never heard about them with regard to hunting.

Are you asking me why I've never heard of such a thing? I can't answer why I had not previously heard it. I can't even google that information!

I knew about blue laws re: alcohol sales; I'd just never heard about them with regard to hunting.

No problem. It is kinda strange. Looking @ the 11 states, you can kinda figure out why. Strong Christian (even Puritanical) history. I really have no problem with it, lot of crazies hit for the weekend I suppose... There are 6 other days to get your lead out.

Now, take a The State of Indiana... From what I have seen, no liqour on Sundays (Not sure how the Colts games factor in on Sunday down in Indy... Probably an exception). BUT, guns and fireworks for sure. Not too easy on the guns and no firewworks in Illinois... So on Sunday, if you live near the border of IL (or MI)... Get your liquor there and then guns and fireworks in Indiana...

It all works out in the end.

Oh... A lot of the 11 states have the regs BUT make exceptions for private land. I take the public lands are the issue.

Snow,cold freezing rain it`s 4pm .had enough. I think I`d have a easier time hunting samsquanch. Back at it tomorrow.

Don't you want a little snow cover? Easier to track and see movement?

Saw 12 deer so far this morning. Over dressed for a 3 mile hike. Sweat. No shots ,8 were doe. The other 4, I don't know. Freezing rain again. Yeah a couple inches of snow wouldn't hurt. No hunters today. At soon to be 56 ,this grumpy old man is getting tired. It is peaceful out there.

Saw 12 deer so far this morning. Over dressed for a 3 mile hike. Sweat. No shots ,8 were doe. The other 4, I don't know. Freezing rain again. Yeah a couple inches of snow wouldn't hurt. No hunters today. At soon to be 56 ,this grumpy old man is getting tired. It is peaceful out there.

Keep at it brother. Sounds fun (except for the sweating on the walk in. Nothing worse than getting to your spot and being wet on the inside when the breeze picks up).

Shot a big fat doe.Can`t eat the horns. Just got done skinning it. Still on the search for a buck. Horrible weather. Cold freezing rain again. At least I`ll make some jerky. Anyone have any deer bologna recipes ? This deer has a lot of fat on it. Cold winter coming or just a lazy deer ?

When I was younger I was really big into hunting. Before I was old enough to hunt big game, I always went hunting for rabbits, squirrels and game birds with my Father. The first year I was old enough to go deer hunting, after 3 days freezing my ass off in the woods, I finally saw a few deer running about 20 yards in front of me. Shouldered my gun, fired, and hit one of them in the front leg. It fell down and flopped around for a few seconds, and then hopped up and ran away. I followed the blood trail for miles until it was getting too dark to continue. I felt terrible about it, and haven't been hunting since.

I really wish I still was into hunting because I love venison.