How about Marcus Thigpen?

YoloinOhio

I liked that play when he waved everyone off...the Bills guy ducked, the Browns guy just stopped (probably thinking it was a fair catch signal) and Thigpen grabbed the ball on the hop and went around the sidelines for like 15-20 yds. That showed me the dude REALLY knows what he's doing back there. Total awareness of the situation and confidently handled it. Why did they use Fred as a punt catcher on the one he nearly muffed? Is Fred known to have the best hands?

I liked that play when he waved everyone off...the Bills guy ducked, the Browns guy just stopped (probably thinking it was a fair catch signal) and Thigpen grabbed the ball on the hop and went around the sidelines for like 15-20 yds. That showed me the dude REALLY knows what he's doing back there. Total awareness of the situation and confidently handled it. Why did they use Fred as a punt catcher on the one he nearly muffed? Is Fred known to have the best hands?

I can't figure out why they had Fred back there. I wonder if anyone asked Marrone that question. He had specifically said they signed Thigpen so they wouldn't need to use Woods or Fred back there.