Offense almost unwatchable....

Prove it.

Shoo fly.

And that was the whole point. To put to rest these revisionist memories of how spectacular the Gailey offenses were. I mean, c'mon, in his BEST year--which was significantly better than the other two--he just barely squeaked above average in YPG and PPG rankings...

Gaileys offense wasn't spectacular at all. I never said it was. It's much better than Hacketts. That's for sure

Edited by NewEra

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My point was that everything is a frickin' disaster at TBD. We're the worst, we suck, unwatchable, yadda yadda. All with a team at 7-5. Have some perspective, why don'cha? While not great, our offense is not anywhere near some of the epic bad Bills teams. Maybe I'm debating 12 year olds, in which case you get a mulligan. But for someone with 1972 in their name I just figured would know better.

Yup, in all the posts in this thread that's exactly what people are saying.

Your posts are as predictable as Sully's Monday columns.

But we keep hearing how much better the offense was under Gailey. That's just false. For the most part, it's been a lateral shift. If you have isolate Gailey's best year out of three to make your point about a coaching staff that's been around for half the time and have started twice as many quarterbacks, fine.

Also, I don't believe Orton is an upgrade over Fitz. At all.

Precisely. And we've gone from Gailey/Modkins to Marrone/Hacket. Isn't it time we find a real NFL coordinator? Someone that can actually do something other than tread water and hope to get lucky. Unless, of course, anyone thinks we can upgrade our QB to a top 5 talent next season; what's our choice? Stay the course and hope we get lucky?

The lengths we've gone now to criticize the OC (who admittedly deserves it, mind you, just not to the dizzying extent plastered all over this board) have reached a critical mass of what the !@#$-itude.

It's a buffalo bills message board. Where people discuss what they like and dislike about the buffalo bills. What's to dislike, besides our offense? Not much. I don't dislike the talent on Offense. Sure, we need a better QB and OL to jump into the top 10-15 range. No question. But better coaching/play calling/game planning could get us into the 15-20 range with the talent we have IMO. Sorry that you hate that people venting their frustrations about their team on the team message boards. My advice to you: A: don't read it. B: laugh at it and be thankful your not the person typing it. Looks to me you're wasting your time defending bad coaching on offense. Jmo

This because our defense is better.

Sure.

If that were a factor, the YPG rankings--at the very least--would be noticeably divergent. They're not.

If the YPG were on the same base line. Yet, despite only a few yards per game lower than in Gailey's time, the rank in the league fell off by a big margin. That can indicate the new rule changes that favor the offense a lot - to which the Bills have not adapted.

That's why it's laughable to argue this over blind statistics. I'll always revert to Greggo's analogy - you can hide behind your statistics and I will point out that this offense is hapless and out of sync in game action and on film. I don't need statistics to know that.

As are yours, GG

The next post you write about the team and its performance as opposed to slamming the fan base will be your first.

This because our defense is better.

Sure.

If that were a factor, the YPG rankings--at the very least--would be noticeably divergent. They're not.

Ok, defense doesn't come into play at all. Not when your team is down 21 points and have to throw every single play, with a noodle armed QB that was limited in the routes he could throw.....while throwing to david Nelson and Donald jones.

Ok, defense doesn't come into play at all. Not when your team is down 21 points and have to throw every single play, with a noodle armed QB that was limited in the routes he could throw.....while throwing to david Nelson and Donald jones.

5 wide on third and one.

Ditto the TD pass to Hogan. But let's not dwell on the good things the OC did to impact the game.

as long as we are being honest here (I hope), what's with Hackett's deep pass calls on 3rd and 2 ?? very low % calls, but he dialed it up

I truly believe that given this qb situation, tbere is only so much you can reasonably expect. That said, Hackett is like the Dave Wannstedt of OC's. A change to a competent OC who knows how to use the talent he has at hand, and not scheme as if all his players were equal in talent, would have this team in the playoffs. It would be like going from Wannstedt to Pettine.

+1

as long as we are being honest here (I hope), what's with Hackett's deep pass calls on 3rd and 2 ?? very low % calls, but he dialed it up

This is what aggravates me. I understand taking a shot every once in a while, but not in 3rd and short situations, especially when playing a decent defense.

This is what aggravates me. I understand taking a shot every once in a while, but not in 3rd and short situations, especially when playing a decent defense.

Let's not confuse the throw that was made with the play's first read.

Also, didn't see/hear anyone complaining about the 30-40 yd strike on 4th and 2 that unquestionably turned the tide of the entire game.

Precisely. And we've gone from Gailey/Modkins to Marrone/Hacket. Isn't it time we find a real NFL coordinator? Someone that can actually do something other than tread water and hope to get lucky. Unless, of course, anyone thinks we can upgrade our QB to a top 5 talent next season; what's our choice? Stay the course and hope we get lucky?

I don't think we need a top 5 QB. I wouldn't kick one out of bed for eating crackers, but make no mistake, a top 15 QB would have this entire offense looking light years better.

I truly believe that given this qb situation, tbere is only so much you can reasonably expect. That said, Hackett is like the Dave Wannstedt of OC's. A change to a competent OC who knows how to use the talent he has at hand, and not scheme as if all his players were equal in talent, would have this team in the playoffs. It would be like going from Wannstedt to Pettine.

this will happen in the offseason when Pegula's football consultant team takes a fresh look at the organization. Hackett will go but it makes no sense to can him until after the season.

it would be too much change to be effective right now.

by the way, i find it funny that the only good thing anyone ever says about Hackett is that he's really enthusiastic, and yet on the other side of the ball our DC Schwartz is very low key.

one guy has his crew playing lights out, the other is outmatched week in and week out and ranks in the bottom of the league.

still shocked Marrone hired that joker

I just wish I knew what sort of an offense we were trying to be -- because it's not apparent from the plays that are called.

I said the same thing, last week, in a different thread. They were supposed to be fast paced, they are not. What are they?