Put Aaron Rodgers in the GOAT Conversation

johnwalter

If Marino/Elway/Montana were able to play quarterback with the rules in place today, with the athletes there are today, I'd take any of them.

Rodgers is amazing, he does everything well, but he's also playing in an age where DB's aren't allowed to cover anyone.

Yup. Rodgers is the best qb in the game but it's a completely different era.

Every passing/ receiving record now should have an *.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Marino/Elway/Montana were able to play quarterback with the rules in place today, with the athletes there are today, I'd take any of them.

Rodgers is amazing, he does everything well, but he's also playing in an age where DB's aren't allowed to cover anyone.

The issue with this is no one ever states what today's best qb would have to do to measure up? 7000 yards 60 tds and 2 ints? Throw a ball accurately through a brick wall while running a 4.4 forty?

Statistically, sure, ties and anything close goes to an old timer but I think a lot of people take for granted that even with the rules changes some of the current guys likely challenge the old timers still. It'd be strange if no one in this generation was even top 3 of the group 20 years ago

If Tom Brady and Peyton Manning belong in the GOAT conversation, so does Rodgers. Year after year, AA-Rod performs at ridiculous levels, and while people recognize him as great, he remains under-appreciated.

If I had to win a game tomorrow, I'd take 2014 Rodgers over any other quarterback in NFL history.

Rodgers has only one win in the playoffs outside of his super bowl run, so I'm not sure about that...personally I'd take Joe Montana or Joe Flacco(if its the playoffs)