PS4 vs XBox

/dev/null

PS4 vs XBox  

22 members have voted

1. 1. PS4 vs XBox

• PS4
    • XBox

I know zip about game consoles…

My daughter (11) has specifically asked for the PS3 – not PS4, because she can play with her cousins over the internet for free, and with PS4 there is a fee.

Is this true? How much of a fee is it if you use the PS4? Should I get the PS4 anyway if the PS3 is at its end of life cycle? Is support available for the PS3? I haven’t shopped around yet, is there a big price difference between PS3 and PS4?

Thanks for the help! I friggin hate shopping, and I hate being ignorant. Being an ignorant shopper is a total nightmare!

If the cousins she wants to play the game with specifically have a PS3, there's no other way to go. Regardless of the price, she needs to have the same system as them if they are going to play together.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To truly control everything (Xbox, TV, Receiver) you do need the Kinect. I believe you can also control "everything" with the Xbox Media Remote but it would also work through the IR blaster on the Kinect.

Yeah, if I did this at all it would be to eliminate the need for a remote...thanks for the feedback.

Do you need the kinect with the xbox one if you want to primarily use it to control your entertainment system?

I got the Kinect set, because my girlfriend (and I, after a beer or two) enjoys the dancing games, but the whole voice/motion control thing is utterly annoying. I keep the Kinect turned off in the system settings unless we play a Kinect game. :)