PS4 vs XBox

/dev/null

PS4 vs XBox  

22 members have voted

1. 1. PS4 vs XBox

• PS4
    • XBox

I have a PS4. I am very satisfied with it.

Last round I had both. Started with a 360 and went through 1. Got RROD < 1 month out of warranty and they wouldnt replace it. I was mad but had so much content, I got another 360.

I eventually got a ps3 when shopping for a blu ray player and it collected dust for awhile. Once I broke it out though, I never looked back. A much sleeker machine, quieter, cooler, a much better UI (it seemed 360 changed the whole layout frequently).

Ultimately PS4 and One are pretty similar, its just personal preference at this point. If you dig baseball though, PS4 is the obvious choice as The Show is a great game every year. Sony also has the handheld that syncs up to the ps4 for some pretty outstanding features. Uncharted is also a very good exclusive series and The Last of Us was very well received too (although those 2 games are a bit linear for my tastes)

I dont know if MS does this, but PS Plus is also a great thing. I bought the subscription codes off amazon last year at a discount for like 4 years so Im not sure of price, but you get free games to download every month. PS3 brought a lot of good titles. PS4 has been a bit disappointing, but I do acknowledge that there is such a limited pool of games comparatively to PS3 gen.

Edited by May Day 10

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This.

Console gaming. PFFFFFFF

Meh. I have a PC that I built from scratch myself (the video card alone is more expensive than either console) and maxes out games at much higher resolutions than 1080P @ 60fps (also confirmed by valley benchmark tests) yet I spend more time playing on consoles.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Meh. I have a PC that I built from scratch myself (the video card alone is more expensive than either console) and maxes out games at much higher resolutions than 1080P @ 60fps (also confirmed by valley benchmark tests) yet I spend more time playing on consoles.

I guess it depends on your game preference. I play MMOs.

I'm hoping to get in on the new "Elite" beta. That game looks like sumptuous bosoms, it does.

I love the snap commands on the XboxOne and being able to game and watch football on the same screen.

As for customer service, when my friends first gen 360 red ringed two years ago, he called up MS. Three days later there was a second gen 360 on his doorstep. They must have been trying to move remaining stock or something.

THat's a really big negative for me.

After you see the nice graphics upgrade it might not be. Also I never buy game discs anymore. It's nice to load the game on the hard drive and just voice command to play or watch tv or whatever for that matter. I also agree with joesixpack and Flingon though. The PC does rule all. Especially for fps. I really like the xbox for sports games though.

I spend more time with my Wii U than my Xbone or PC, and the Wii U is weak as hell. So why is that? It's all about the games. :)

I would love to play the Mario games, but I hate the Wii U controller and need the price to drop about another 50-100 bucks.

I would love to play the Mario games, but I hate the Wii U controller and need the price to drop about another 50-100 bucks.

Can you still hook up a Gamecube controller? Back when I played Smash Bros a lot that's what you had to do. That was the original Wii though.

I don't own a single video game (was never really into video games). But I own an XBoxOne. Love that it turns on and off my surround sound, TV, Cable, and the Xbox with a voice command. Love the instant login just by sitting on my couch (which then logs me into Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon. I know there were cheaper ways to get all this done, but I love the simplicity and it streams my NFL Sunday Ticket with streaming stats and fantasy.

I've heard it's not bad for video games either.

Controller is actually quite nice, I play on it when the lady is watching TV, or sleeping :)

Can you still hook up a Gamecube controller? Back when I played Smash Bros a lot that's what you had to do. That was the original Wii though.

http://amzn.com/B00L3LQ1FI

There's a $399 PS4 bundle at Walmart that includes GTA V and The Last of Us, two amazing games.

I got this pack with my amazon prime membership. Also when I bought the new COD I bought it digitally so I got it for PS4 for free as well. I've always been a sony guy though so I am biased.

How are the sports games for the next gen systems? I used to love Madden on the pS2 but thought it didn't get ported well to the ps3. Are the sports games back on track on the 4? I'd love to get involved in Madden again.

I know zip about game consoles…

My daughter (11) has specifically asked for the PS3 – not PS4, because she can play with her cousins over the internet for free, and with PS4 there is a fee.

Is this true? How much of a fee is it if you use the PS4? Should I get the PS4 anyway if the PS3 is at its end of life cycle? Is support available for the PS3? I haven’t shopped around yet, is there a big price difference between PS3 and PS4?

Thanks for the help! I friggin hate shopping, and I hate being ignorant. Being an ignorant shopper is a total nightmare!

Edited by THE KIKO MONSTER

Ps3 is a fantastic system. Playing online is indeed free. Playing online for the ps4 is $50 for a year but that also includes a ton of free games and other things.

Both systems can play netflix, hulu, etc..

The PS3 has not been fazed out yet and they are still releasing new games for the system. Sony has been nothing but great to me over the years and that is why I continue to buy Sony. The price difference should be quite noticeable. Around this time of year (and anytime you buy a console really) you should always look for a bundle. 500gb PS3 bundles run about $250 while PS4 runs about $400.

Ps3 is a fantastic system. Playing online is indeed free. Playing online for the ps4 is $50 for a year but that also includes a ton of free games and other things.

Both systems can play netflix, hulu, etc..

The PS3 has not been fazed out yet and they are still releasing new games for the system. Sony has been nothing but great to me over the years and that is why I continue to buy Sony. The price difference should be quite noticeable. Around this time of year (and anytime you buy a console really) you should always look for a bundle. 500gb PS3 bundles run about $250 while PS4 runs about $400.

Thanks! Can you get the free games on PS3 too by subscribing/paying $50/year. The price of individual games blew me away. $50 per year for free games sounds like a good deal considering the price of buying games separately (that may or may not even get played).

Thanks again!

Do you need the kinect with the xbox one if you want to primarily use it to control your entertainment system?

If you want to use the voice commands to primarily control your entertainment system, then yes but the system without the Kinect you can still use the xbox one controller or the Xbox One media remote if you like to control entertainment on the Xbox.