Browns at Bills Postgame: Stayin' Alive

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 fast facts from the Bills-Browns game

A bevy of insightful details in the aftermath of the Bills victory against the Cleveland Browns in Buffalo.

Marcell Dareus (hip) plays two second-half snaps

Taking a closer look at defensive snaps played by the Buffalo Bills in Sunday's 26-10 win over the Cleveland Browns:

@Ryan_McCrystal

Here's Play 1 for Manziel.. PA to Crowell, designed rollout.. Gordon running drag across field w/ Hawkins underneath

Bills defend this play perfectly with four defenders staying in their zone on right side. Manziel wisely keeps it and runs for 3 yds

B35QtReIIAAdVNu.png

Manziel's 2nd play.. PA again, rolls right, hits Austin wide open in the flat after on drag route

A&M used similar play often with Evans in Gordon role.. but Bills take Gordon away with SAF help over the top

B35SzPgIAAE04r2.png

Manziel's 3rd drop back, anther PA to Crowell, perfect timing to Gordon just as he crosses in front of deep safety

B35U-YnIgAA-0ht.png

4th Manziel dropback, another PA.. rolls left and throws wide of open Benjamin while facing pressure

Gordon runs a deep comeback route to about the 10 on this play and was open, but pressure forced a quicker thrown from Manziel

B35Xr1ZIcAAJNYs.png

5th Manziel dropback.. this is his TD run. The routes make it feel like a designed run; clears out middle of field

First play with no PA.. Manziel takes off as soon as Gordon clears middle, drawing the final man away from middle of field

B35ZquMIAAAz5ec.png

On Manziel's first drive, Browns stick with the basic 2 WR, I-formation on almost every play until red zone.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

First play of JFF Drive 2.. Runs way too early. Misses wide open Austin.. Ends up dumping off to West

6th drop back of the day for Manziel and the first on which he clearly made the wrong decision.

B35cFMPIYAAhjEk.png

Here's the fumble play.. I think this was designed to get West the ball in space in the flat.

WRs on top run as though they know they're decoys.. West would have had 1 man to beat in space to pick up an easy 20 yards

B35dx-IIAAAB5Xo.png

Final play.. Complete to Austin, but Hawkins was wide open. Took the first read, Austin just ran route short of 1st D

Despite outcome, tough to call this a bad decision. Austin was close to 1st D.. but play definitely would have worked had he seen Hawkins

B35fWjzIEAIm9iI.png

Tough to take anything major away from 8 drop backs.. but Manziel certainly didn't do anything to show he isn't ready for the job.

Biggest surprise was the go-to formation until they got desperate was standard 2 WR, I-Formation.. doesn't give Manziel freelance options

2 WR, I-Formation allows defense to safely keep 7 men up front.. pretty easy to contain Manziel like that

Edited by 26CornerBlitz