GameDay Week 13: Around the NFL

26CornerBlitz

how am i rooting today? i know pack over the pats, denver over K C.. TB over cinncy not sure of the others..

Saints over steelers

Baltimore/SD games a toss up... Same recored. San Diego has a tougher December but also the head to head win

Edited by NoSaint

That saints defense is an interesting spot. It's like they should only sign guys to 1-2 year deals. Even the successful seem to burn out quick.

Though the lack of corners/secondary isn't helping in a Ryan scheme

There's a number of things wrong with the Saints this year, defense in particular. Someone was showing Ryan's defense's rankings, and interestingly, none of them were ever top rated, as a matter of fact, most times they were either middle of the pack or below average, so I'm confused on how he got this label as a defensive guru.

You make a good point about the lack of corners/secondary, because at the start of the season, on paper, the Saints appeared to have arguably the best safety tandem in Vaccarro/Byrd. Keenan Lewis is in my opinion a top 10 corner in the league. After him though, every other corner is average or worse.

You really have to ask though, is it the DC or is it Payton? How many DC's is he going to have a tumultuous relationship with then end up firing?

There's a number of things wrong with the Saints this year, defense in particular. Someone was showing Ryan's defense's rankings, and interestingly, none of them were ever top rated, as a matter of fact, most times they were either middle of the pack or below average, so I'm confused on how he got this label as a defensive guru.

You make a good point about the lack of corners/secondary, because at the start of the season, on paper, the Saints appeared to have arguably the best safety tandem in Vaccarro/Byrd. Keenan Lewis is in my opinion a top 10 corner in the league. After him though, every other corner is average or worse.

You really have to ask though, is it the DC or is it Payton? How many DC's is he going to have a tumultuous relationship with then end up firing?

i think it would be an interesting topic to discuss a bit further but I'm going to hold out til post-game. As one of the well regarded coaches currently out there, I think SP is a great topic, and I think how that team is run is fascinating both good and bad. The highs and lows are both huge for them.