I was pleasantly surprised w/ Bledsoe's 04 play

I hope your not implying that he is good enough. Are you?

226345[/snapback]

I directly and flat out said that I don't think Bledsoe is good enough to get us to the '05 SB which I think is out ultimate goal.

However, my orginal post was basically a tip of the hat to what I thought some surprisingly good work by Clements/MM/Wyche who got far more out of Bledsoe than I expected they would.

The ultimate result was disappointing because we didn't make the playoffs, but I think one has to be fairly ignorant of football or so dead set against Bledsoe not be pretty impressed with the work they did to pull off the winning streak and even have a smell of the playoffs after the horrendous start.

Did you believe that they could get Bledsoe to throw fewer INTs? Well they did and I think that elements which the Bills O braintrust installed from the scheme to their use of the alarm clock to play the same role Parcells did when he got to the SB with Bledsoe was a part of this. or do you deny this happened?

Did you believe they could actuallt run successful QB draws with Bledsoe or use him to run some pretty nice fakes like the QB sneak and pitch to WM for the TD and the hand-offs to WM and ptich back to Bledsoe for successful bombs. Well I didn't but they did it or do you deny this happened?

I did not imply at all that Bledsoe is good enough to lead us to the '05 SB in fact I said the opposite but I did concede that just as I wrong about the good things they did with Bledsoe in '04 that perhaps I am wrong about my expectations for Bledsoe in 05.

The accusations that this is a loser mentality strike me as odd. Is a winning mentality the converse of this and thus some certainty that JP will deliver us to the '05 SB. If so I guess I'd rather be a loser than totally deranged in my beliefs. I'd love it if JP led us to the SB and love it as well if Bledsoe led us to the SB. I simply do not believe either of them will be able to pull this off next year. But hey, I'm a Bills fan and will root for whomever is QB for my team.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you're pleasantly surprised by Bledsoe's performance this year over last year?

Wow... dare to be adequate, will ya!!!

226431[/snapback]

I certainly wasn't overjoyed with his performance as it was inadequate (as I said( and actually was quite bummed by this team needing only to beat Pitts scrubs to make the playoffs only to have Bledsoe and the offense lay a total egg, have the ST behind Lindell's miss of a chip sot and the PR fumble also lay an egg, and most surprising to me have the D get run over by a 4th string RB and a disaster QB.

All this being true, what feelings should I have about the Bills posting a winning season, about the ST being among the best in the league and about the high statistical ranking of the D. Are my only choices to be totally elated or totally disgusted? Sorry, but life is too short for me to look at all glasses as half empty when I am thirsty.

As far as the O and Bledsoe, I gad advocated he be cut after the '03 season and would not have been shocked if we went 6-10 again under his guidance (particularly after an 0-4 start). However, I was pleasantly surprised by the winning streak and the specific good use of Bledsoe that MM and the boys put him to? Do you disagree with this reaction or my analysis of these specifics.

I'm fine labeling them adequate as you do (though as I said I think they were inadequate).

the bottom line is... we all have got to stop this bull sh-- coddling and apologizing of this 12 year veteran piece of sh-- qb and hold his sorry ass accountable for his piss poor performance.

he's done... at least as a starter for the Bills... stick a fork in him and move on.

226431[/snapback]

I think TD made a mistake in extending his deal rather than cutting him last year, but also said that if he was going to do this at least he got the best deal he could get. To my mind he is now rectifying this as much as contracts allow by demanding Drew lower his cap hit even further if he wants to stay and essentially setting up an opportunity for JP to win the job on the field (which I far prefer to simply giving it to him based on college rep).

I as wrong thinking that MM and the boys would be unable to get anything out of Bledsoe in '04 and say that I still do not believe he will lead this team to our ultimate goal in 05, but after being wrong in 04 I think I would be foolish not to admit that I may also be wrong about 05 if the braintrust makes a decision to go with Bledsoe.

Do you disagree with that?

1.) I directly and flat out said that I don't think Bledsoe is good enough to get us to the '05 SB which I think is out ultimate goal.

2. The ultimate result was disappointing because we didn't make the playoffs, but I think one has to be fairly ignorant of football or so dead set against Bledsoe not be pretty impressed with the work they did to pull off the winning streak and even have a smell of the playoffs after the horrendous start.

3. But hey, I'm a Bills fan and will root for whomever is QB for my team.

226936[/snapback]

1.) I would hope that the Bills team goal is to WIN a friggin SuperBowl. I don't want them to play another Playoff game (and with Bledsoe at the helm they have a pretty good chance not to) until they actually run the table and bring home a Lombardi.

2.) My opinion is that Drew will NEVER WIN a SuperBowl as a starting QB. Therefore however long he remains at the helm of the Bills we are BillsFanOne to NOT win one.

3.) We'll all count on your undying loyalty then to JP or whomever the coaching staff sticks behind center this year. Pass the word on to the WNYDBBackers please.