Just Win This Freaking Game

Proteus

I honestly can't think of one place where the Browns are better than the Bills. Maybe Hoyer over Orton, but they are pretty close. But, as we all know, we can find a way to lose any game.

the WR, TE if Cameron plays, and CB are close. Haden is considered a top 3-5 corner in the league and their WR group with Gordon back and the rest overachieving all year is probably better than ours. I like our young Wrs but they have been inconsistent. Edited by YoloinOhio

I was 9-12 years old for the Super Bowl losses and cried my eyes out after every one. I suffered like many of you for these last 15 years, feeling like our team is meaningless and the joke of the NFL.

Over the years I have slowly evolved from a Bills optimist into a Bills pessimist. Right now I think it is highly doubtful we make the playoffs, but if we can beat the Browns I am willing to believe.

Just beat the Browns at home. A team you should have beaten last year but ended up losing to. Just like you should have beaten the Chiefs the last two times but ended up losing. Just beat the Browns at home. That is all I ask. Please God beat the Browns so I have a meaningful game in December!

This is a game we should win. Just win it. Don't do anything stupid like untimely fumbles or secondary miscommunications. Just go out and beat a team that you are better than, and battling for a playoff spot, at home. It is time to stop blowing these ones. Just win this freaking game.

Good. I'm not the only one who prays for Bills wins!

Well said!

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

the WR, TE if Cameron plays, and CB are close. Haden is considered a top 3-5 corner in the league and their WR group with Gordon back and the rest overachieving all year is probably better than ours. I like our young Wrs but they have been inconsistent.

I'll take our WR's, especially if we get Goodwin back. Obviously a healthy Cameron is better than chandler but I'm not sure he will be. Haden has been disappointing this year. Our secondary as a whole is much deeper.

I hope Mario plays angry again...

Mario only plays angry a percentage of the time but when he does he is unstoppable.

The play after he rag dolled Vick on the ground, he basically picked the RT up and drove him 10 yards into the pocket. It was breathtaking to watch.

Mario only plays angry a percentage of the time but when he does he is unstoppable.

The play after he rag dolled Vick on the ground, he basically picked the RT up and drove him 10 yards into the pocket. It was breathtaking to watch.

i think he gets a very favorable matchup this week again. Mitchell Schwartz is bad.

I know they're all grown men, and tough and physical and professionals. I'm quite certain Hoyer has spent most of his adult football life training himself to show no fear as the pocket collapses. But I have to believe that sometime in the next 72 hours, he's going to have that private moment where he reflects - probably while watching tape of Monday Night Football - and says "Jesus. I have a real problem here. I'm going to get killed."

Let's look at the potential for a perfect week.

Bills win

Skins over the Colts

Titans over Texans

Tampa over Cincy

Saints over Pittsburgh

Chiefs over Broncos (Bills would be able to pass the Broncos by beating them)

Jets over Dolphins

San Diego vs Baltimore (Baltimore?)

Would put us

Cincy - Division leader 7-4-1

Indy - Division Leader 7-5

Wild Cards

Baltimore 8-4

KC 8-4

SD 7-5

Pit 7-5

Buffalo 7-5

Cleveland 7-5

Miami 6-6

Houston 5-7

Would probably require beating Denver the following week to really get serious.

6-6 is usually enough to stay relevant. This year there are are somehow 11 AFC teams over 500, 9 three games over - crazy.

2 1-10 teams in the AFC and the atrocious NFC South have helped to make this happen. Unfortunately the Bills only get a slight benefit of playing the 1-10 Raiders. The Browns on the other hand....

I keep reading this and it continues to irritate me. The Browns may have a better W-L record, but they are not a better team. This is a game the Bills should win.

I have posted it a couple of other times but want as many eyes on it as possible. The Browns have played the 15th hardest schedule in the AFC and the 30th hardest in the NFL. The fact that they are 7-4 is fools gold. They lost to Jacksonville! People have posted how the Bills have only beaten up on bad teams and lost to the good ones, the Browns have played 4 games against teams with winning records and they were all interdivision games! They have played the 1-10 Raiders, the 1-10 Jags, the 2-9 Bucs, the 2-9 Titans, etc.... 7 games against teams with losing records and 4 of them are against the 4 worst teams in football.

The Bills meanwhile have played the 3rd hardest schedule in the AFC and 7th hardest in the NFL to date and are 1 game back of the Browns.

Bills win

Skins over the Colts

I am rooting for Indy in this game. I want them to run away with the division. It would give them wins over the Browns and Texans in the next few weeks and maybe even put them in a position to battle for homefield advantage.

I know we all talk about the crazy difficult end to the season, but I'm not sure I see it that way. I think we struggle more against good defenses than good offenses. We've played a string of some really good D's... I trust our D to slow down Denver and GB and their D's don't scare me. We have a real shot in those games

Chiefs over Broncos (Bills would be able to pass the Broncos by beating them)

Would put us

Cincy - Division leader 7-4-1

Indy - Division Leader 7-5

Wild Cards

Baltimore 8-4

KC 8-4

SD 7-5

Pit 7-5

Buffalo 7-5

Cleveland 7-5

Miami 6-6

Houston 5-7

Would probably require beating Denver the following week to really get serious.

I'd rather see KC go down than worry about the Bronc's

I'll take our WR's, especially if we get Goodwin back. Obviously a healthy Cameron is better than chandler but I'm not sure he will be. Haden has been disappointing this year. Our secondary as a whole is much deeper.

Goodwin was a healthy scratch for the Jets game. Sounds like Mike Williams may be moving ahead of him on the depth chart.

7-5 into December...

anything can happen.

Absolutely. Like OP says...git r done against the Browns. We will get noticed (a little bit) if we win this one, noticed (quite a bit) with a convincing win. Good lord if we were to win out....the momentum..Oh man. I can dream cant I? lol!

New England and Oakland are the 2 games left I'm really concerned about.

Agree a million percent. I was like the most positive Bills fan in the world but I've seen this story so many times. Except we have Marrone as Dick Jauron and Kyle Orton as Fitz.

Prove you're different. You didnt prove it against KC and Miami so prove it now. Unlike some here, I will LOVE to be wrong on Marrone and Orton. Mario and company deserve the playoffs.

I honestly can't think of one place where the Browns are better than the Bills. Maybe Hoyer over Orton, but they are pretty close. But, as we all know, we can find a way to lose any game.

the WR, TE if Cameron plays, and CB are close. Haden is considered a top 3-5 corner in the league and their WR group with Gordon back and the rest overachieving all year is probably better than ours. I like our young Wrs but they have been inconsistent.

I was thinking about this this morning wondering why the line isn't Bills -3 as I expected.

If you're talking about position groups as a whole and not individual players you have a case. Most would say OL they're better but it's probably not a landslide with Urbik in and Mack out.

But ya they're not really appreciably better anywhere though to be fair we aren't either in most places except DL.