Not saying the NFL "massages" games but...

PromoTheRobot

Did the Bills have any penalty calls last night? Not a single roughing call despite abusing Vick all game? Not one PI or DH or illegal contact flag?

It almost felt like the league wanted a happy ending for the Bills. A big win for the fans back home. Makes a nice headline.

Of course the Jets obliged by sucking like a Hoover too.

I do remember thinking that there were some close calls that didn't get called, and wondering if the refs were doing that because they figured nobody cared about the game and they just wanted to get out of there as soon as possible.

I think there were some missed calls but for the most part the calls were consistent. It's not like one team or the other was called tighter than the other.

None of the Bills sacks were close to illegal, though some were pretty violent.

Overall, I think this was one of the best officiated games the Bills have had this year.

I would love to see Mario spin Brady to the ground without getting a penalty (like he did to Vick last night).

From your fingers to God's eyes. Or something like that.

Did the Bills have any penalty calls last night? Not a single roughing call despite abusing Vick all game? Not one PI or DH or illegal contact flag?

It almost felt like the league wanted a happy ending for the Bills. A big win for the fans back home. Makes a nice headline.

IIRC, yes, 2 or 3. but that quieted down midway through the 2nd QTR

then if they did I didn't care too much up by 17+

Flags on the Bills 4 - 24

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Did the Bills have any penalty calls last night?

Hughes went offsides once on 3rd down which gave the Jets a first down and extended a drive.

One of the gunners went out of bounds on that long punt return the Jets had where Manny Lawson caught the guy from behind. It was a 5 yard penalty added to the end of the run.

That is all I can remember at the moment. I thought Woods got away with a little offensive Pass Interference on the one handed catch play. Looked like he pushed off with his left hand. And I thought that one time the Bills tackled a Jet guy out of bounds kind of late that could have been called. Both cases could have gone either way though. Obviously I'm glad they weren't called.

Edited by PolishDave

There were no roughing the passer calls because they were all clean hits. I do think they missed DPI on Sammy.

When has that stopped the refs before? It almost felt like someone said "Yeah, we've boned the Bills all season. Let them have this one. It's not like the Jets matter."

And the game was over within 3 hours, which I haven't seen in years.

One almost wonders if the league wanted it over quickly, to not interfere with MNF.

When has that stopped the refs before? It almost felt like someone said "Yeah, we've boned the Bills all season. Let them have this one. It's not like the Jets matter."

Honestly, I would not be that surprised. The way the calls go in this league, it sometimes seems that refs have marching orders. I tend to think that they like to throw flags more often to get a team back in the game and make it exciting, but I could see why they would be going the other way on this one.