when the goin' gets tough, the tough get goin'

Estro

And that's the problem with the Bills. Every single team deals with ebbs and flows during the course of the game. The teams that can handle adversity and make the proper adjustments during the game are generally the teams that come out on top. Last weeks game was a perfect example of how bad the Bills become when they get hit in the mouth and need to fight their way back. After the safety, you could just see the wind sucked out of the entire team. At that point in the game, with plenty of time left to win it, Bills fans knew it was over.

2 Guys in particular that really bothered me were Robert Woods and Sammy Watkins. Their body language and the way they carried themselves between plays when the goin' got tough was discouraging. Dropping their heads after an errant pass or a quick pressure, or in Woods case a dropped ball. I really want to see this team handle themselves more professionally and with more fight when things get tough. We will see how it shakes out tomorrow.

The Bigger Picture:

The New England Patriots look terrific. The Miami Dolphins look very good. Expect the Buffalo Bills to finish in 3rd place in the AFC East this season. Next season the Buffalo Bills will finish either 3rd or 4th in the AFC East.

I wasn't even going to watch any NFL football yesterday (Sunday) at all. I turn on the television and caught a lot of NE and Miami. Based on what I saw yesterday (Sunday), it was the worst week of NFL football for me this season.

And that's the problem with the Bills. Every single team deals with ebbs and flows during the course of the game. The teams that can handle adversity and make the proper adjustments during the game are generally the teams that come out on top. Last weeks game was a perfect example of how bad the Bills become when they get hit in the mouth and need to fight their way back. After the safety, you could just see the wind sucked out of the entire team. At that point in the game, with plenty of time left to win it, Bills fans knew it was over.

2 Guys in particular that really bothered me were Robert Woods and Sammy Watkins. Their body language and the way they carried themselves between plays when the goin' got tough was discouraging. Dropping their heads after an errant pass or a quick pressure, or in Woods case a dropped ball. I really want to see this team handle themselves more professionally and with more fight when things get tough. We will see how it shakes out tomorrow.

I like Sammy a lot (as do many members on this Board); I think he gets frustrated (same with Woods). These guys want to win so bad but they just don't have the supporting cast around them yet.

I saw their body language, and their reaction to several of those throws. It's hard to blame both of them for some of those balls thrown their way. I know it would be hard for me to beat my man, get open CONTINUALLY, only to see a ball thrown at my feet or way above my head. Woods body language had more of the immature, frustrated I wanna throw a tantrum type of feel, whereas Sammy just seemed to be like, "eff it." Again, hard to blame those guys.

Estro is right. Psychotic, but right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons, but that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!

In regard to the topic.

Let me take away these two players. Sammy and Robert . then consider the rest of the team .

Watkins is a rookie. He is learning on the job. Because he has shown amazing talent already for the Bills.

But the NFL is different animal of course. He is still learning.

Woods just plays angry. I like that myself.

But the Buffalo Bills have impressed me this year/ Much more than years ago.

I think there is no quit on the team. Pretty nice culture shift IMHO.

Tonight is truly a great test of character for the players.

On the edge of being completely eliminated. whaddya got Boys ? how big a sack o nuts you got tonight is the mantra. give it all or die trying

!! Go Bills !!

Edited by 3rdand12

In regard to the topic.

Let me take away these two players. Sammy and Robert . then consider the rest of the team .

Watkins is a rookie. He is learning on the job. Because he has shown amazing talent already for the Bills.

On the edge of being completely eliminated. whaddya got Boys ? how big a sack o nuts you got tonight is the mantra. give it all or die trying

!! Go Bills !!

i like the way you think, sir! nut up or shut up!

In regard to the topic.

!! Go Bills !!

Well said sir. Well said. This is put up or shut up time. No excuses... and if they can go out there tonight and put up a W, it will go a LONG way to showing this team is different than years past..

i like the way you think, sir! nut up or shut up!

Thank you. You said it better than i !

Well said sir. Well said. This is put up or shut up time. No excuses... and if they can go out there tonight and put up a W, it will go a LONG way to showing this team is different than years past..

agreed 100 %

HERE WE GO !

Well Robert Woods certainly answered the bell today. Caught everything thrown his way including a couple of acrobatic, tough catches to extend drives. Obviously, his one-hander down the sideline will get all the ptess, but the catch he made on 3rd and 3 with about 4-5 minutes left in the 1st half down at the Bills 20 yard line was a heck of a catch. At that point in the game the Bills were up 7-3. If Woods doesn't make a great catch to move the chains we punt. Instead he catches it, and the Bills march al the way down the field and score a TD with 43 seconds left. 14-3 at the half.