Nick Foles might be available for trade

You guys know our starting QB right now is Kyle Orton right?

I would get Foles here if we could. I doubt the Eagles trade him though. Ej and a third would be a steal for the eagles. For all of EJ's problems, he's still a big strong kid with NFL experience.

I think its far more likely EJ wins the job in camp next year, then Foles being a Bill

i think the eagles would trade him, the FO has leaked they are not interested in retaining him beyond this year, so why not get something for him rather than saying see ya for nothing?

(I dont want him, i think hes booty, just putting it out there)

Edited by PaattMaann

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the eagles would trade him, the FO has leaked they are not interested in retaining him beyond this year, so why not get something for him rather than saying see ya for nothing?

(I dont want him, i think hes booty, just putting it out there)

Booty huh

25gms played

6800yds = 272yds per gm

46tds

17pks

62% completion, this # is lower because the Kid throws downfield alot his intermediate throws and deep balls are something we haven't seen here since Drew Bledsoe was our QB. Foles is definitely not a captain check down type QB.

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

And watch EJ become a good qb under Kelly. I'd trade a 1st rounder for Chip Kelly. He makes his system fit players. It's the exact opposite of what we have in Buffalo.

You know it's becoming very difficult to take your posts seriously. You think Kelly could make my Grandma a great QB. And she's been dead for 40 years.

;

It makes perfect sense because he's not the prototypical Chip Kelly QB, he's not a dual threat guy. Chip Kelly loves QB´s that can run as well as pass. It opens up his read option attack.

Nick Foles before he got injured had 2200yds passing 13tds & 10pks in 7 gms. His pk total went up from last season when he only threw 3 all yr and had nearly 30td passes. Most of his pks came in first 4 gms this yr. After that he got red hot and started putting up some big gms.

My point here is why not add a young qb, that has the arm strength and size to flourish in Buffalo. He would also be cheaper & better then the options we will have this upcoming season. Cutler & Eli are getting paid and are on the wrong side of 30. Orton is garbage doesn't have the arm strength for December gms in Buffalo. U want Bradford? Maybe he slips on the same matt as Kolb and breaks his legs. I mean C'mon give me a better realistic option.

Ej is the kind of QB Kelly loves, in fact the Eagles were mentioned on plenty of occasions leading up to the draft as a possible landing spot for Ej. I would have to think Chip can coach em up and get a draft pk in return. That would be perfect for both teams.

Foles's current replacement Sanchize is not a dual threat QB . No one would be afraid of him trying to run the ball.

For all his supposed athleticism, EJ runs like a headless chicken. So I don't see how he would fit into a dual threat role.

It makes perfect sense because he's not the prototypical Chip Kelly QB, he's not a dual threat guy. Chip Kelly loves QB´s that can run as well as pass. It opens up his read option attack.

Nick Foles before he got injured had 2200yds passing 13tds & 10pks in 7 gms. His pk total went up from last season when he only threw 3 all yr and had nearly 30td passes. Most of his pks came in first 4 gms this yr. After that he got red hot and started putting up some big gms.

My point here is why not add a young qb, that has the arm strength and size to flourish in Buffalo. He would also be cheaper & better then the options we will have this upcoming season. Cutler & Eli are getting paid and are on the wrong side of 30. Orton is garbage doesn't have the arm strength for December gms in Buffalo. U want Bradford? Maybe he slips on the same matt as Kolb and breaks his legs. I mean C'mon give me a better realistic option.

You do understand the entire argument of Chip Kelly loves dual threat guys completely goes out the window when you take into consideration that he signed Mark Sanchez and drafted Matt Barkley right?

I understand this may make sense to you because it's what you want to see happen but there's really no legitimate basis or rational for a move like this.

I really don't know what Eli, Cutler or Bradford have anything to do with this either but I guess I've spent too much time already trying to understand the logic in all of this.

You know it's becoming very difficult to take your posts seriously. You think Kelly could make my Grandma a great QB. And she's been dead for 40 years.

;

If you don't think Kelly is a better offensive coach than Marrone and Hackett, you don't understand football.

So yes, I think Kelly could maximize your grandma's potential as a qb. Though mobility might be a problem (she's probably more mobile than Orton though). :)

If you don't think Kelly is a better offensive coach than Marrone and Hackett, you don't understand football.

So yes, I think Kelly could maximize your grandma's potential as a qb. Though mobility might be a problem (she's probably more mobile than Orton though). :)

Now that's silly.I never said Marrone was in Kellys league. But do you honestly think the only reason Foles went 27 TD 2 INT was because of Kelly?

With the options available last year it is not as though Kelly took a mobile QB then either. He took Barkley. I think a lot of people misunderstand Kelly used a certain type to maximize wins in College. He seems smart enough to know there is a different formula to win in the NFL. Thus his "system" probably evolved and I doubt he was cursing Foles inability to run last year.

You do understand the entire argument of Chip Kelly loves dual threat guys completely goes out the window when you take into consideration that he signed Mark Sanchez and drafted Matt Barkley right?

I understand this may make sense to you because it's what you want to see happen but there's really no legitimate basis or rational for a move like this.

I really don't know what Eli, Cutler or Bradford have anything to do with this either but I guess I've spent too much time already trying to understand the logic in all of this.

It's not that hard to figure out, the Bills are in need of a starting QB, I don't see Brady or Peyton walking threw those doors on one Bills drive anytime soon. So the Foles and Cutlers & Bradfords of the world are the possible candidates or even to a lesser degree the Matt Moores or Sanchez. This is what were dealing with as Bills fans for nearly 14yrs. The Bills should of joined in on the suck for Luck sweepstakes. The Bills should of drafted A Rodgers , etc, etc. We heard it all on this site.

I'm tired of seeing teams build and rebuild right before our eyes as if we were stuck in mudd. Philly, KC, Det, Cleveland hey might as well say the NFL has passed us by multiple times in some instances while we've been on the road to mediocrity. I feel like we're stuck in a movie like ground hoggs day. Every other yr same sht , we need a QB we need a new coaching staff. Cmon man stop trying to act like this is rocket science it's Football. As Bills we've all been scared by these 14yrs to some degree. So all in all let us begin the recycling of we need this and that. Because that is what we have become. Bills fans!

Wow, looks like Kelly could be 0 for 3 on QB's. But watch out if he gets Mr. Accuracy EJ! He loved him 2 years ago as a third rounder and I'm sure he cares very little that he's done nothing since!

It's funny how you act like you have any clue what Kelly is thinking.

He probably laughs that Nate Hackett is a NFL OC.

Pot kettle.

Edited by FireChan

And watch EJ become a good qb under Kelly. I'd trade a 1st rounder for Chip Kelly. He makes his system fit players. It's the exact opposite of what we have in Buffalo.

I don't even know what we have in Buffalo....Other than:

When EJ was playing it was Run, Run, Throw ball short to a RB....Miss the 1st down and PUNT

When KO is playing , it is Throw, Throw and Throw and then ......PUNT

I don't think we need an OC for that.

U might be right they might not trade him. But if he becomes available I say we get it done. Foles is like I said a better much better option then anyone else we have a chance to trade or draft next yr. If these rumors are true bout the Foles losing favor with Chip, he will be available for trade for sure.

Agreed. I start from this point: this club is built to compete now. You'll lose a few guys to free agency this offseason (I'm guessing Spiller/Hughes/Spikes), but you've got Kiko back and really, it shouldn't be that hard to replace Spiller's "production" and while you'd miss Hughes, resigning Jarius Wynn for cheaper would still leave you with a really strong front 7. And they already committed to making a run in 2014 (oops)-2016 by trading for Watkins. So a draft-and-develop 2nd/3rd rounder doesn't work well with that timeline. Free agent QBs are not an inspiring lot -- expect Jake Locker, Mark Sanchez, etc. So that leaves a trade. There's always the possibility of Cutler, but other than that, I see Foles as maybe the best choice. Unfortunately, I don't know if we have enough to get him. My thinking is Chip Kelly will try to trade up for Mariota, but want someone else's high draft picks for Foles to replenish his own draft. No, Foles was never as good as his stats looked in 2013, but really, when's the last time a Bills QB did anything remotely similar to what he did last year?