Nick Foles might be available for trade

Word out of Philly is that the Coach & Gm have fallen out of favor with there starting QB Nick Foles even before he injured his shoulder. Remember Chip Kelly didn't draft Nick Foles, he was inherited from the previous regime. Chip Kelly offense needs a mobile QB to truly run his spread offense.

The question is now what would it take to trade for Foles, who btw I think would fit perfectly in Buffalo. He's a big strong kid with a cannon arm. There was rumors before last yrs draft that Chip Kelly and the Eagles loved Ej Manual. I would offer Ej and a 3rd for Foles. If that's not enough I would strongly consider giving them our 2nd rounder instead of the 3rd but that's all.

I wouldn't be surprised this coming off-season to see this type of trade happen. This is win, win trade for both teams and is very realistic.

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a pocket passer that can throw a ball 60yds accurately to are star wideout Sammy Watkins. Foles is also a young QB that hasn't reached his potential yet. With him on board I think it will be alot easier to obtain a big name head coach like Cowher or someone else. Nick Foles would definitely be better then any other QB´s we can add this coming off-season. Trading a 3rd & Ej would also be cheap in my opinion. It's worth the risk and has upside to be a steal.

He's a pocket passer that can throw a ball 60yds accurately to are star wideout Sammy Watkins. Foles is also a young QB that hasn't reached his potential yet. With him on board I think it will be alot easier to obtain a big name head coach like Cowher or someone else. Nick Foles would definitely be better then any other QB´s we can add this coming off-season. Trading a 3rd & Ej would also be cheap in my opinion. It's worth the risk and has upside to be a steal.

What? At any rate.....He sucketh!

If he's so good then why have the Eagles fallen out of favor with him? Good QBs don't grow on trees and you're suggesting that Eagles are willing to move on from him with no alternative in place? That doesn't make sense to me.

I think the play of the Eagles offensive line contributes to the inconsistency of Foles (and McCoy) this year. Last year when he performed well, the Eagles line players were extraordinarily healthy - playing all 17 games. This year all their starters and even backups sans Peters have been injured for weeks at a time or suspended (Lane Johnson).

If he's so good then why have the Eagles fallen out of favor with him? Good QBs don't grow on trees and you're suggesting that Eagles are willing to move on from him with no alternative in place? That doesn't make sense to me.

It makes perfect sense because he's not the prototypical Chip Kelly QB, he's not a dual threat guy. Chip Kelly loves QB´s that can run as well as pass. It opens up his read option attack.

Nick Foles before he got injured had 2200yds passing 13tds & 10pks in 7 gms. His pk total went up from last season when he only threw 3 all yr and had nearly 30td passes. Most of his pks came in first 4 gms this yr. After that he got red hot and started putting up some big gms.

My point here is why not add a young qb, that has the arm strength and size to flourish in Buffalo. He would also be cheaper & better then the options we will have this upcoming season. Cutler & Eli are getting paid and are on the wrong side of 30. Orton is garbage doesn't have the arm strength for December gms in Buffalo. U want Bradford? Maybe he slips on the same matt as Kolb and breaks his legs. I mean C'mon give me a better realistic option.

Wait...I thought Chip Kelly was a developer of QBs!

Anyway, no way Kelly would want EJ in that's offense.

Ej is the kind of QB Kelly loves, in fact the Eagles were mentioned on plenty of occasions leading up to the draft as a possible landing spot for Ej. I would have to think Chip can coach em up and get a draft pk in return. That would be perfect for both teams.

It makes perfect sense because he's not the prototypical Chip Kelly QB, he's not a dual threat guy. Chip Kelly loves QB´s that can run as well as pass. It opens up his read option attack.

Nick Foles before he got injured had 2200yds passing 13tds & 10pks in 7 gms. His pk total went up from last season when he only threw 3 all yr and had nearly 30td passes. Most of his pks came in first 4 gms this yr. After that he got red hot and started putting up some big gms.

My point here is why not add a young qb, that has the arm strength and size to flourish in Buffalo. He would also be cheaper & better then the options we will have this upcoming season. Cutler & Eli are getting paid and are on the wrong side of 30. Orton is garbage doesn't have the arm strength for December gms in Buffalo. U want Bradford? Maybe he slips on the same matt as Kolb and breaks his legs. I mean C'mon give me a better realistic option.

Ej is the kind of QB Kelly loves, in fact the Eagles were mentioned on plenty of occasions leading up to the draft as a possible landing spot for Ej. I would have to think Chip can coach em up and get a draft pk in return. That would be perfect for both teams.

Manuel + Kelly > Foles + Hackett

You guys know our starting QB right now is Kyle Orton right?

I would get Foles here if we could. I doubt the Eagles trade him though. Ej and a third would be a steal for the eagles. For all of EJ's problems, he's still a big strong kid with NFL experience.

I think its far more likely EJ wins the job in camp next year, then Foles being a Bill

Kelly has seen plenty of EJ since the draft......

Kelly doesn't run the read option.

You guys know our starting QB right now is Kyle Orton right?

I would get Foles here if we could. I doubt the Eagles trade him though. Ej and a third would be a steal for the eagles. For all of EJ's problems, he's still a big strong kid with NFL experience.

I think its far more likely EJ wins the job in camp next year, then Foles being a Bill

U might be right they might not trade him. But if he becomes available I say we get it done. Foles is like I said a better much better option then anyone else we have a chance to trade or draft next yr. If these rumors are true bout the Foles losing favor with Chip, he will be available for trade for sure.