How Much of a "Hometown" Crowd Can We Expect in the Motor City

patfitz

I've been to football games at Ford Field before. Detroit fans were always very subdued. It felt more like a Sabres game. Not too much drinking. Lots of people sitting down relatively quiet the whole game. Nothing at all like a Bills game at the Orchard Park Rockpile. Lots of fans sat around discussing everyday life events while the game was on. Seemed like they could care less whether their team won or lost.

So, outside of the few thousand people who will travel there for this game, I expect you will be able to hear a pin drop at times.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to football games at Ford Field before. Detroit fans were always very subdued. It felt more like a Sabres game. Not too much drinking. Lots of people sitting down relatively quiet the whole game. Nothing at all like a Bills game at the Orchard Park Rockpile. Lots of fans sat around discussing everyday life events while the game was on. Seemed like they could care less whether their team won or lost.

So, outside of the few thousand people who will travel there for this game, I expect you will be able to hear a pin drop at times.

So your saying it will be a slightly rowdier crowd than in Toronto during the past 5 years...Awesome.

Go Bills!!!

The whole Schwartz thing is going to come back and bite them. This is why you don't act like an ass!

Oooh, now I'm scared.

No one's even going to be there. Can you imagine how many would go to the Ralph on a monday evening to watch lions play vikings?

If I were in town and tickets were $10, yeah I'd go. Why not? Do you not watch other teams on TV?

I think some Detroit fans will be there to cheer for the Jets simply because Schwartz is on the Bills' staff. Not expecting a huge turnout though. Probably a few thousand Bills fans. It will be a quiet game for both offenses. If you make it to the game, you should be able to yell specific things at the players on the field and actually have them hear you.

They can always root against Morningweh on the other side too!

If I were in town and tickets were $10, yeah I'd go. Why not? Do you not watch other teams on TV?

I don't, not often anyway. But I would probably go if it were free-ish and there was absolutely nothing else to do.

You have to remember, this is Bills/Jets, 7-13 combined record. Not Denver/NE*.

Edited by CodeMonkey

You don't get it?? Honestly? There's 440 million pounds of snow at the stadium.

It will be melting all day Saturday, Sunday, Monday. Ok maybe they can't play there this week (maybe) but why Detroit? Toronto would be close enough for fans to go. Syracuse is another place that comes to mind. Pittsburgh or Cleveland as a last resort. Nobody is going to Detroit to watch the Bills vs Jets. There will be like 20 people there

It will be melting all day Saturday, Sunday, Monday. Ok maybe they can't play there this week (maybe) but why Detroit? Toronto would be close enough for fans to go. Syracuse is another place that comes to mind. Pittsburgh or Cleveland as a last resort. Nobody is going to Detroit to watch the Bills vs Jets. There will be like 20 people there

I think the NFL decided it wants an NFL stadium--probably for technical and other reasons. Detroit is out of town, so the place was available.

I think the NFL decided it wants an NFL stadium--probably for technical and other reasons. Detroit is out of town, so the place was available.

Cleveland and Pittsburgh are out of town too. Those are the closest NFL stadiums and somewhat within driving distance for anyone with tickets to the game

Cleveland and Pittsburgh are out of town too. Those are the closest NFL stadiums and somewhat within driving distance for anyone with tickets to the game

Maybe Cleveland said no. Also, it was posted here that Pittsburgh was being used for high school games Friday and Pitt game Saturday. The field will be wrecked.

Maybe Cleveland said no. Also, it was posted here that Pittsburgh was being used for high school games Friday and Pitt game Saturday. The field will be wrecked.

How about Toronto? Are they still butt hurt about losing the bid?

How about Toronto? Are they still butt hurt about losing the bid?

There was no way the Bills were going to go crawling back to Toronto after dumping them just a few months ago.

I mean, as if....

Edited by Mr. WEO

The whole Schwartz thing is going to come back and bite them. This is why you don't act like an ass!

Yes, because Detroit Lions fans cheering against Schwartz when their own team played the Bills was such a success?

(and, by the way, if you did any research into this supposed "story" you would understand Schwartz did not request to be carried off the field -- any remarks were made in jest back during training camp, and several Bills took it upon themselves after the game to lift him up)