Is no practice bad?

Terrakon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that makes it even slightly less impactful is that they just played this team 3 games ago. Jets just had a bye so there is only 2 additional games of film they had to study. But the last time they physically practiced was over a week ago due to TNF. That's bad.

It's the Bills fault to some degree. Roads closed of course is the proverbial "act of god". But no dome in western NY is all on the Bills.

My wife asked me seriously last night why they didn't just move the game to "NYC". I almost smacked her ;)

That is a very good point that I hadn't considered.

Wait is that a 4 game, 6 game or season suspension?

One good thing at least there won't be any groin injuries. Seems like a lot of groin pulling going on in in bills practices.

Ummm what are you implying? B-)

No Allen Iverson mentions? SMH...

I'm not shoving it aside, you know, like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I do. I honestly do... But we're talking about practice man. What are we talking about? Practice? We're talking about practice, man. We're talking about practice. We're talking about practice. We ain't talking about the game. We're talking about practice, man.

No question it's bad for the team and the upcoming game. I've gone from being fairly confident in a W to now thinking it wouldn't be a surprise at all if we lost. The team has already had a long layoff from the Thursday game and really needed to get back to it this week and focus on the Jets. It's really important for these guys to be at the facility to get treatment for injuries. These guys are all creatures of habit and their schedule is completely out of whack. I'm just hopeful the NFL does the right thing and changes the game to Monday or Tuesday.

One thing I thought was interesting...Dan Carpenter is listed on injury list with a groin and there's a picture of him standing in 4' of snow going to help shovel for some neighbors.

It's possible that something like this will further bond the players and community and turn this into a positive, but I think it may be a bit much to overcome for this game, especially if the game is played on Sunday.

These guys are pros! They can go without practice for a few days and still perform top notch! Plus its a divisional opponent...they should be used to the jets game plan! If anything it may expose how bad our staff is at making in game adjustments on the fly!

These guys get paid to play the game, but that doesn't make all of them professionals. Some guys are just gonna be more distracted by this event than others. I think lack of practice time together as a unit is a huge disadvantage.

GO BILLS!!!

These guys get paid to play the game, but that doesn't make all of them professionals. Some guys are just gonna be more distracted by this event than others. I think lack of practice time together as a unit is a huge disadvantage.

GO BILLS!!!

I tend to disagree. These guys have been playing and practicing together all season so far, and since the beginning of camp for most. By now, most are at least dinged up physically a little bit if not more. The lack of practice time really should not be a big disadvantage, in fact it could be an advantage at this point in the season for the players to decompress at home a little bit with their families, and heal a lot more than they would if they were practicing. Plus they played the Jets just a month ago. The disadvantage is that the players that required treatment were not able to get it.

It also gives them a chance to reset after losing the past 2 important games and hopefully stop their current slide.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I tend to disagree. These guys have been playing and practicing together all season so far, and since the beginning of camp for most. By now, most are at least dinged up physically a little bit if not more. The lack of practice time really should not be a big disadvantage, in fact it could be an advantage at this point in the season for the players to decompress at home a little bit with their families, and heal a lot more than they would if they were practicing. Plus they played the Jets just a month ago. The disadvantage is that the players that required treatment were not able to get it.

It also gives them a chance to reset after losing the past 2 important games and hopefully stop their current slide.

It'll be interesting to see the effects of not practicing together. Won't surprise me at all if the timing is way off in the passing game, especially. I'm not nearly as worried about the defense as a unit, for both the reasons you allude to and the fact it's a pretty veteran-laden unit and doesn't require timing to execute properly. The offense hasn't had one meaningful day of work in a week. That's bound to manifest somehow.

GO BILLS!!!

No practicing is a bad thing. The coaches put a lot of effort every game into figuring out plays to give the team an advantage, and not having the chance to run through the plays a couple of times really makes it hard to execute during a game.

I also don't know whether conditioning is an issue. Would players really lose their aerobic conditioning levels if they can't work out normally for a couple of days?

No practicing is a bad thing. The coaches put a lot of effort every game into figuring out plays to give the team an advantage, and not having the chance to run through the plays a couple of times really makes it hard to execute during a game.

I also don't know whether conditioning is an issue. Would players really lose their aerobic conditioning levels if they can't work out normally for a couple of days?

I was wondering about this as well. This whole thing is really amazing.

I'm thinking it might not hurt. The guys will be loose and fly around. The D will be fine. The O without all the Hackett Jr. and Coach Marrone gobbly-gook they usually get all week can only help.

I wonder if Orton is having secret Face Time meetings with the offense telling them how it REALLY is gonna be now that they finally got rid of ol' 4th down and punt.