Global warming err Climate change HOAX

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Girodao Bruno was burned at the stake in Rome for teaching good science in 1600. Any doubt which side he would be on in this fight to save the planet? 

Aaaaand those on the “other side” added to climate change issue by burning him likely with wood. Had they used solar it would have been a much better way of getting rid of him.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Unintended Consequences canbeabitch. Sure, all those windmills are a magnificent source of clean energy but they push the Santa Anna winds further west and at higher speeds, thus fanning the flames in western California. It's like building giant fans facing the populated areas of California. Is there anything the Left can get right? -)

windmills.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Unintended Consequences canbeabitch. Sure, all those windmills are a magnificent source of clean energy but they push the Santa Anna winds further west and at higher speeds, thus fanning the flames in western California. It's like building giant fans facing the populated areas of California. Is there anything the Left can get right? -)

windmills.jpg

Windmills don't "push" winds.  If they did, you'd have a perpetual motion machine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Windmills don't "push" winds.  If they did, you'd have a perpetual motion machine.

Did you notice the -) at the end of my post? I went fishing for something in the Catostomidae Family and instead pulled in a Billy Bass.  

32 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

windmills.jpg

These wind propellers are blowing so hard the earths orbit is slowing down! And the waves on the ocean are growing! 

10 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Did you notice the -) at the end of my post? I went fishing for something in the Catostomidae Family and instead pulled in a Billy Bass.  

I confess, I didn't.  I'm a bit busy today telling real-life idiots they're real-life idiots.

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

These wind propellers are blowing so hard the earths orbit is slowing down! And the waves on the ocean are growing! 

Laugh all you want Oh Ignorant One but tell me how a sailboat can travel faster than the wind?

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

I confess, I didn't.  I'm a bit busy today telling real-life idiots they're real-life idiots.

Well, keep up the good work Mr. Idiot Judge.

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

But do they impact the direction of the airflow?  I imagine there has to be some kind of a vortex effect created that alters the wind patterns in a way that wouldn't exist without the windfarms?

3 minutes ago, GG said:

But do they impact the direction of the airflow?  I imagine there has to be some kind of a vortex effect created that alters the wind patterns in a way that wouldn't exist without the windfarms?

Likely not.  Realistically, the amount of power a wind turbine would draw off a wind front would be negligible compared to the power of the wind front itself.

Interestingly, I can't even find any data on "what is the power of a gust of wind?"  So I can't even begin to approximate it.  Could probably figure it out from first principles (largest turbine in the world is 164m across, and generates 9.5 MW of power.  Assume a 50 kph wind, calculate the power of that wind over a 21,100 square meter front over an hour.  Divide 9.5 MW by that number.  That's the upper limit for the percent of energy lost by the wind to power generation.  

And in reality, it'll be a fraction of that, because wind is not that localized.  A wind front is measured in tens of thousands of square kilometers, so the above calculation is high by a factor of...about a hundred thousand, give or take a factor of 10?  There's a "butterfly effect," sure, but not a directly measurable influence under anything but strictly local (i.e. within a couple hundred feet of the turbine) measurement.

We’re Number One!

by John Hinderaker

Original Article

When it comes to energy and the environment, the United States ranks a clear number one among the world’s nations. Not only have we increased our energy production, courtesy of fracking, to the point that we are the world’s pre-eminent energy power, we have, at the same time, reduced our pollution and our CO2 emissions (if you think that matters) more than any other country. So when it comes to energy, the U.S. is the undisputed champion

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

We’re Number One!

by John Hinderaker

Original Article

When it comes to energy and the environment, the United States ranks a clear number one among the world’s nations. Not only have we increased our energy production, courtesy of fracking, to the point that we are the world’s pre-eminent energy power, we have, at the same time, reduced our pollution and our CO2 emissions (if you think that matters) more than any other country. So when it comes to energy, the U.S. is the undisputed champion

In the meantime China keeps opening up new coal mines and consumes just under 50% of the worlds coal production.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, B-Man said:

We’re Number One!

by John Hinderaker

Original Article

So we are burning up the planet faster! Something to be proud of. 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

So we are burning up the planet faster! Something to be proud of. 

Every bit of natural gas we can put online to replace coal consumption helps the environment. We are cleaning up the environment here, why not help the rest of the world to do so too?