Global warming err Climate change HOAX

Today, 1st of August 2018, is #OvershootDay

which means that we have emitted more CO₂ than the Earth can absorb in one year,

we have fished more fish than the seas can give life to,

chopped off more trees than what forests can produce.

Until December 31st we live on credit.

Djf0YwLXgAIZglO.jpg

cuffy128_bigger.jpgCuffy @CuffyMeh 9h9 hours ago

Overshoot Day was just dreamed up by the Hallmark Corporation to sell more Overshoot Day cards.

?

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, B-Man said:

Today, 1st of August 2018, is #OvershootDay

which means that we have emitted more CO₂ than the Earth can absorb in one year,

we have fished more fish than the seas can give life to,

chopped off more trees than what forests can produce.

Until December 31st we live on credit.

Djf0YwLXgAIZglO.jpg

?

I'm gonna celebrate by grilling a salmon over a wood fire...

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

MORE ON STRAWS: A thorough debunking of the straw man arguments.................... (sorry).

The funniest part of the entire straw ban is that it was based on a number giving by a 9-year-old child who, essentially, made up the number after calling a couple of straw manufacturers.

“The actual number of straws being used is unclear,” Reason magazine reported in January.

“The 500 million figure is often attributed to the National Park Service; it in turn got it from the recycling company Eco-Cycle,” the report continues. “Eco-Cycle is unable to provide any data to back up this number, telling Reason that it was relying on the research of one Milo Cress. Cress—whose Be Straw Free Campaign is hosted on Eco-Cycle's website—tells Reason that he arrived at the 500 million straws a day figure from phone surveys he conducted of straw manufacturers in 2011, when he was just 9 years old.”

Cress, who is now 16-years-old, told Reason that the National Restaurant Association has endorsed his estimate privately. That’s to his credit, but the problem remains: He appears to be the sole source for this number.

Only the left could threaten to imprison bartenders and waiters if they hand out a straw, all because of a 9-year-old's science project.

But hey...I'm the pathetic one for laughing at these asshats, right Buftex? :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

It's well known that the planet heats and cools, who cares who's fault it is, etc? For the first time in history maybe a species can impact that change positively.

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-noaa-data-show-2016-warmest-year-on-record-globally

Why not try?

Well, for starters, I'd prefer not to starve the entire third world.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

Isn't the third world already starving?

****, one in five Americans goes to bed hungry.

Status quo or attempts to improve?

Population control: the obsession of all true Liberals.

7 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

Isn't the third world already starving?

****, one in five Americans goes to bed hungry.

Status quo or attempts to improve?

That's a deflection.

I mean actual relegation into permanent poverty and a near guarentee of starving to death for several entire continents.

19 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

It's well known that the planet heats and cools, who cares who's fault it is, etc? For the first time in history maybe a species can impact that change positively.

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-noaa-data-show-2016-warmest-year-on-record-globally

Why not try?

Is it?  I pretty sure that would come as a shock to many people who are fully invested in the global warming hysteria.   

16 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Population control: the obsession of all true Liberals.

Boyst, what’s up with this?

Why the attempt to call me a liberal or turn the discussion political?

The planet is heating up - indisputable.

How can we work together to manage or at least mitigate? I mean what does this have to do with politics in your mind? (Respectfully asking)