Global warming err Climate change HOAX

Settled ?

Alarm as study reveals world’s tropical forests are huge carbon emission source

Guardian [uK], by Jonathan Watts

Original Article

The world’s tropical forests are so degraded they have become a source rather than a sink of carbon emissions, according to a new study that highlights the urgent need to protect and restore the Amazon and similar regions. Researchers found that forest areas in South America, Africa and Asia – which have until recently played a key role in absorbing greenhouse gases – are now releasing 425 teragrams of carbon annually, which is more than all the traffic in the United States.

(Snip)

“This shows that we can’t just sit back. The forest is not doing what we thought it was doing,”

And the solution is ...... Money

More precisely, wealth redistribution.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2015/dec/02/climate-talks-rich-countries-should-pay-to-keep-tropical-forests-standing

Edited by Gary M

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fox is the only network that at least gives the opposing side, a legit speaker for the liberal view, to say their dizzle.

The best news wealthy donors can buy. Taking a break from stirring up hate by scapegoating immigrants to attack scientists. Fox is a big cancer on our nation

The best news wealthy donors can buy. Taking a break from stirring up hate by scapegoating immigrants to attack scientists. Fox is a big cancer on our nation

i don't care what the funding is, the wealthy are the only ones giving us newspapers and opinion journals and news networks

are you honestly this bitter and pointless all the live-long day?

i don't care what the funding is, the wealthy are the only ones giving us newspapers and opinion journals and news networks

are you honestly this bitter and pointless all the live-long day?

I'm a happy person. Just because I point out the absurdity of the Conservative movement, its propaganda, its voters and all does not make me bitter. Am I the one attack individual posters?

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/10/the-problem-with-climate-change-fanaticism-in-two-headlines.php

FTA:

So let’s take in two recent headlines about the Great Barrier Reef in Australia:

Reef-Hed-May.jpeg?resize=580%2C114

Reef-Hed-Sept.jpeg?resize=580%2C104

The first headline appeared in May, and the second headline just a few days ago.

Let’s delve a little deeper. From the first story back in May:

Scientists have concluded that the Great Barrier Reef can no longer be saved because it is so damaged. The plight of the reef is partly due to the “extraordinary rapidity” of climate change, according to experts. The reef has been severely damaged by the warming of the oceans, and around 95 per cent of it suffers from bleaching, according to scientists who surveyed it in 2016.

And now the latest story from a few days ago:

Optimism is rising among scientists that parts of the Great Barrier Reef that were severely bleached over the past two years are making a recovery. Scientists from the Australian Institute of Marine Science this month surveyed 14 coral reefs between Cairns and Townsville to see how they fared after being bleached. The institute’s Neil Cantin said they were surprised to find the coral had already started to reproduce.

But never forget: the science is settled. Stamp your feet now!