• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

science....

Demonstrable

Disprovable

Perfect prediction for future action

Replicable

Where is that remotely here in climate junk?

Your third item is...well, overstated. Pretty badly.

Better expressed as "Offers testable predictions." Predictions don't have to be perfect (they almost never are. I can only think of one theory that offers a perfect prediction - QED and the mass of the electron). And they don't have to be "acted on" beyond being testable.

Edited by DC Tom

Your third item is...well, overstated. Pretty badly.

Better expressed as "Offers testable predictions." Predictions don't have to be perfect (they almost never are. I can only think of one theory that offers a perfect prediction - QED and the mass of the election). And they don't have to be "acted on" beyond being testable.

i was a chem major, so we weren't up for wondering what might randomly happen in the lab....

yes, i reduce it for science on point 3

they can't barely tell me what the weather was an hour ago....

how about... when your little model has never been right and you are constantly mangling the data to pretend it works, then its not science.

I can only think of one theory that offers a perfect prediction - QED and the mass of the election).

Well don't leave us hanging. How much did the election weigh? Personally I'm surprised it was predictable. I would have thought that the day to day variation in the cankles alone would have made it near impossible.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/10/new-orleans-official-blamed-flooding-on-climate-change-but-broken-pumps-were-to-blame/

New Orleans Sewerage and Water Board director Cedric Grant blamed widespread flooding over the weekend on “climate change,” but it wasn’t long before news broke that broken water pumps were actually to blame.

Throughout the week, media reports have shown that New Orleans’s antiquated water pumping system failed to keep flooding at bay, and the problem hasn’t been resolved.

The mayor’s office warned Thursday morning a fire had taken out a turbine that powers most water pumping stations in the East Bank of New Orleans.

With more heavy rain forecast for this week, Mayor Mitch Landrieu is asking residents to prepare for flooding. August is also hurricane season, a time when pumping stations are vital to keeping storm drains from being overwhelmed.

That’s a very different message from city officials earlier in the week when Grant blamed flooding over the weekend on climate change.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/10/new-orleans-official-blamed-flooding-on-climate-change-but-broken-pumps-were-to-blame/

New Orleans Sewerage and Water Board director Cedric Grant blamed widespread flooding over the weekend on “climate change,” but it wasn’t long before news broke that broken water pumps were actually to blame.

Throughout the week, media reports have shown that New Orleans’s antiquated water pumping system failed to keep flooding at bay, and the problem hasn’t been resolved.

The mayor’s office warned Thursday morning a fire had taken out a turbine that powers most water pumping stations in the East Bank of New Orleans.

With more heavy rain forecast for this week, Mayor Mitch Landrieu is asking residents to prepare for flooding. August is also hurricane season, a time when pumping stations are vital to keeping storm drains from being overwhelmed.

That’s a very different message from city officials earlier in the week when Grant blamed flooding over the weekend on climate change.

I've been waiting for them to blame Bush for setting fire to the pumps.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/10/new-orleans-official-blamed-flooding-on-climate-change-but-broken-pumps-were-to-blame/New Orleans Sewerage and Water Board director Cedric Grant blamed widespread flooding over the weekend on “climate change,” but it wasn’t long before news broke that broken water pumps were actually to blame.Throughout the week, media reports have shown that New Orleans’s antiquated water pumping system failed to keep flooding at bay, and the problem hasn’t been resolved.The mayor’s office warned Thursday morning a fire had taken out a turbine that powers most water pumping stations in the East Bank of New Orleans.With more heavy rain forecast for this week, Mayor Mitch Landrieu is asking residents to prepare for flooding. August is also hurricane season, a time when pumping stations are vital to keeping storm drains from being overwhelmed.That’s a very different message from city officials earlier in the week when Grant blamed flooding over the weekend on climate change.

Prepare for more flooding. It is the will of Landrieu.

FRACK THIS

Energy-copy.jpg?resize=110%2C85

I do hope that New York Governor Andrew Cuomo runs for president in 2020, and further that he is the Democratic nominee. He appears determined to make upstate New York into the East Germany of America by his intransigent refusal to allow fracking to produce natural gas, thus keeping shale gas-rich upstate New York from enjoying the same kind of prosperity as western Pennsylvania and eastern Ohio. Cuomo’s anti-gas bias extends »