Jerry Hughes not pleased with Walt Coleman's crew

truth on hold

Defensive end Jerry Hughes was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct in the fourth quarter and said he wasn't given an explanation for the call. "There really wasn't one," Hughes said. "I did yell because I did get held on that play. I made sure I yelled, 'Holding.' Whatever else came after that, I really don't know. I don't know. ... I've never really seen a holding call missed at the point of attack like that. So I really don't know. I'm at a loss for words right now."

Hughes was also flagged for a questionable unsportsmanlike conduct penalty in Week 6 against the New England Patriots, a game that was also officiated by Walt Coleman's crew. "It's the same crew from New England, from when we played New England, so it just doesn't surprise me," Hughes said.

More at the link: http://espn.go.com/b...t-colemans-crew

Edited by JTSP

Seriously what is it that colemans crew has against us? When I saw they were doing thursdays game I knew we were in for it. The players are recognizing it too

It's entirely possible that Coleman is biased and allows that bias to influence his calls. But that accusation is the equivalent to saying 9/11 Was an inside job to some of the simple minded NFL fanboys around here.

It's entirely possible that Coleman is biased and allows that bias to influence his calls. But that accusation is the equivalent to saying 9/11 Was an inside job to some of the simple minded NFL fanboys around here.

That, maybe. The whole nfl is out to get buffalo? Probably not.

That, maybe. The whole nfl is out to get buffalo? Probably not.

It's not just Buffalo that gets hosed. I see at least one game a week that turns on bad calls. And not the excusable variety either. They might as well go in at half time, have each coach roll the dice, and have the # they roll get added to their score.

Walt Coleman's not the whole problem, he's just the worst offender.

It's not just Buffalo that gets hosed. I see at least one game a week that turns on bad calls. And not the excusable variety either. They might as well go in at half time, have each coach roll the dice, and have the # they roll get added to their score.

Walt Coleman's not the whole problem, he's just the worst offender.

Coleman's tend to be inexplicably bad, though. Not even close to being right. Total bull ****. Literal bull ****. Coleman's calls literally look like he's got his head up a bull's ass and is viewing a bull's ****.

Other officials miss obvious calls. Errors of omission are common. Coleman seems to make an extraordinary amount of errors of commission. And a surprising number always seem to go against the Bills.

(And for what it's worth, I've hated Coleman for more than a decade. A decade ago, I called him, Triplette, and Phil "I screwed up a coin toss" Luckett as the "Axis of Incompetence.")

This all goes back to 1964 when the game officials were forced to stay at the Sheridan Motel that was infested with bed bugs

--

I think that would be an upgrade for Coleman. That stupid hick sounds like he's more accustomed to campers, trailer parks, and a cot in his friends basement

Good for Hughes for calling out Coleman. Old Walt is brutally bad, and seems to have it in for both us and for any Patriot* opponent (a la the Tuck Rule and the 2004 AFC CG vs the Colts, in addition to "just give it to them" and this year's Cheats* game)--a deadly combo....