NBC Nightly news

dib

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so why are you here posting when you could be making millions Tom?

I'm dumb, so what's your excuse?

You just don't get it, anyone who isn't employed or not making big money are just lazy or uneducated

There are tons of high paying careers everywhere if you just work hard and push yourself, and if there aren't any in your area, its just as simple as moving your entire life to whereever they are currently plentiful

Rewarding CEOs for failure and/or losing money is just good business, and the CEO deserves the millions they get because they were able to negotiate a deal that included a golden parachute by having a resume that would get them in a position to be a CEO. Remember when the banks were giving out bonuses to the bankers who were the ones that got the banks and the country into the economic mess? Those bankers deserve every penny because they are so good at what they do and will be valuable as future CEOs

Athletes deserve Millions of dollars to play a sport/game because they were born with athletic gifts that provide the world with so many good things

You just don't get it, anyone who isn't employed or not making big money are just lazy or uneducated

There are tons of high paying careers everywhere if you just work hard and push yourself, and if there aren't any in your area, its just as simple as moving your entire life to whereever they are currently plentiful

Rewarding CEOs for failure and/or losing money is just good business, and the CEO deserves the millions they get because they were able to negotiate a deal that included a golden parachute by having a resume that would get them in a position to be a CEO. Remember when the banks were giving out bonuses to the bankers who were the ones that got the banks and the country into the economic mess? Those bankers deserve every penny because they are so good at what they do and will be valuable as future CEOs

Athletes deserve Millions of dollars to play a sport/game because they were born with athletic gifts that provide the world with so many good things

You worry too much about deciding what people "deserve". People like you whine a lot but never offer any realistic or practical solutions. But you take great pride in your economic ignorance.

Well seeing you're only young once it would have been during the recession of the early 80's when unemployment was higher that it is now. That's when I graduated college with an associates degree in culinary arts and worked my ass off because I wanted to make something of myself. That's how I got to my ivory tower. Not by bitching about minimum wage and making excuses. Minimum wage is not a living wage because as has been mentioned it's not designed as such. Hence the term minimum.

Minimum wage actually hurts the job market. Employers stop hiring extra people and make do with those they already have because of overpriced, unskilled labor. So say goodbye to entry level jobs where you can get a start learning a skill. Whenever the government gets involved in the free market they fvck it up. Minimum wage bs is just a lost leader to garner votes from the lame asses that can't do shite. Edited by Dante

Sure, many of us wouldn't complain if a brain surgeon was making $350 million over 13 years, but most CEOs are rocket scientist and the 'naturally high IQ' that you say they have is that they know how to play the business game and weasel their way up the ladder using others to move up the ladder. What does the CEO of a company do that deserves more then someone who cures diseases or saves lives? As for someone being born with the ability to hit a ball hard, throw it fast at a target, catch and run with a large ball or skate on ice and shoot a piece of rubber, why does that mean the person should be entitled to salaries of millions of dollars? Whats the positive that they bring to day to day society?

Holy cow did you pack a lot of bullcrap in that one short paragraph.

Obviously you don't know many CEOs or have the slightest inkling what is required to lead a company if you think the primary skill involved is "know how to play the business game and weasel their way up the ladder".

Also, where exactly do you think the people who are "curing diseases and saving lives" work? Probably at some company....run by a CEO....that is being operated in a manner that allows people to cure diseases and save lives.

And what exactly does "entitled to salaries of millions of dollars" mean?? Doesn't matter if you're talking about Stanton or a CEO, no one is claiming they are "entitled" to a dime. They have EARNED their money because someone else has freely agreed to pay them for their services.

Freedom really sucks when it means someone else earns a lot of money, huh.

WTF, you people. It's Giancarlo, not Carlos!

Give the man some respect. He can't catch a break!

Wait, what?!? I thought it was "Mike" :lol:

What, exactly, is your problem with this?

There are hungry and homeless people. Schools/roads/infrastructure need repair. Teachers are underpaid. Yet you seem comfortable with an athlete makes 68000$ a day for playing a game. He's not a pediatric heart surgeon, nor does he contribute to society. Beyond the baseball field he's useless. Thats my problem.

There are hungry and homeless people. Schools/roads/infrastructure need repair. Teachers are underpaid. Yet you seem comfortable with an athlete makes 68000$ a day for playing a game. He's not a pediatric heart surgeon, nor does he contribute to society. Beyond the baseball field he's useless. Thats my problem.

I'm comfortable living in a society where an individual (in this case Jeffrey Loria) is free to spend his legally earned and properly taxed money as he sees fit. I don't really see a reasonable alternative.

The US spends approximately $15,000 PER STUDENT per year in the public school system. In California, the average public school classroom has 25 students in it.

Do the math and then figure out who is genuinely responsible for public school teachers being underpaid.

Here's a hint: look for the union label.

Just reported that 1:30 american children are homeless. Followed by a story that Carlos Stanton will be making 68,000$ a day after signing his Marlins contract. WTF is wrong with this country?

Capitalist media. They have to sell advertising space. They don't, they go out of business

1:30 American children are not homeless. Those numbers are wildly inflated by immigrants who are not truely homeless, but are rather transient between residences. The standard for homelessness in those reported metrics is to not have a single settled residence. These children aren't living in Central Park.

There's more than enough money being paid to government to handle all the things you're talking about but citizens don't hold elected officials accountable, instead whining about people who're being paid what the market bears.

The average American pays over 50% of their salary in one form of tax or another. That's more than enough.

So all these things would be addressed if this guy weren't hoarding all the money? What's your idea for fixing it?

star atheletes and movie stars bring a singular talent to what they do. the money they earn may be considerable, but it's based completely on their skills, talents, and how much return they will bring.

star atheletes and movie stars bring a singular talent to what they do. the money they earn may be considerable, but it's based completely on their skills, talents, and how much return they will bring.

And supply and demand. There's only one Peyton Manning, but 32 teams with millions of fans that want him.

And supply and demand. There's only one Peyton Manning, but 32 teams with millions of fans that want him.

I remember bitching to my barber about how much NFL players make. He said until he can get 70,000 come watch him cut hair he's not going to complain. Point taken.

If there are hungry and homeless children and I was I. Charge I'd tell this lazy kids to get a job and eat something. They could buy a house then and no longer be hungry.

I guess it was different 8 years ago when a 14 yr old could get a $250k NINJA loan.