NBC Nightly news

dib

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, most guy's would push a dolly for free.

That is my point. There are/were few decent jobs here so I had to take something ridiculous. But through my hard work and because I wasn't a dope I made something of it.

Many of the guys I worked with are still just sitting on forklifts, pushing dolly's and back to temp work.

Wonder how they define American Children?

That and I wonder if they are including children who's parents rent, live with family members or basically anyone who's parents do not actually own a home.

This is a major reason I do not have children. I could not support them as they deserve.

Sure, many of us wouldn't complain if a brain surgeon was making $350 million over 13 years, but most CEOs are rocket scientist and the 'naturally high IQ' that you say they have is that they know how to play the business game and weasel their way up the ladder using others to move up the ladder. What does the CEO of a company do that deserves more then someone who cures diseases or saves lives? As for someone being born with the ability to hit a ball hard, throw it fast at a target, catch and run with a large ball or skate on ice and shoot a piece of rubber, why does that mean the person should be entitled to salaries of millions of dollars? Whats the positive that they bring to day to day society?

When was the last time you were young and looking for a job in todays job market?

Easy to say sitting in your ivory tower that good jobs are plentiful and easy to obtain

Between 1984 and 2004 I moved 10 tens to 10 different cities in four different states because I wanted to earn more and had to go where the opportunities were provided, and that included changing my career choice a couple of times. There are countless opportunities for young people especially because they can be mobile.

It's funny to me that social media is filled with people posting stories, videos, and testimonies of seemingly countless people overcoming incredible odd to accomplish something that was just a dream at one point.

And yet trying to earn more than $9/hour is somehow a struggle for so many people?

Sorry, but at the risk of spewing overused cliches, you're in charge of your own future. If you have a high school degree and hate flipping burgers, nothing is going to change on its own. You have to work to eliminate the objections you face and take one step at a time to improve your value.

Oh, and quitcher bitchin'. No one wants to hire a complainer. And you know who you are.

A buddy and I have grabbed ice tea or coffee from mcdonalds just about every day for about 5 years.

It is interesting to see the really motivated, polite, and attentive workers. Those workers quickly rise to the top and then we hear are gone, off to bigger and better jobs--sometimes to college, etc.

The workers who are terrible and provide unfriendly customer service get stuck on the line and have been there for 5 years, going nowhere.

If you do your min wage job well, you will inevitably get more and better opportunities.

You need to drink better coffee.

so?? you fail at your job and you get rewarded? that's pretty dumb IMO

The guy NEGOTIATED a sweetheart deal for himself. Six figure plus jobs are never about what you are worth, they're about what you can negotiate. Chances are the guy knew the job goals weren't reasonable based on various factors so he looked out for himself. The fact that the average person can't do that is because they're average. Welcome to the real world.

are you missing the point.

could YOU negotiate such a deal?

hire me as a circuit card designer and in 6 months if I don't work out you pay me a 6 figure bonus.

Point 2. Why does a company looking to increase profits agree to throw away millions?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

hire me as a circuit card designer and in 6 months if I don't work out you pay me a 6 figure bonus.

Point 2. Why does a company looking to increase profits agree to throw away millions?

Throw away millions? Try invested millions. You don't know much about business do you.

This is singularly fantastic in its inability to understand virtually anything about business. Nicely done.

No, you're missing the point. You can't negotiate such a deal because there isn't that kind of demand for you. Welcome to the real world.

I've been able to negotiate a couple of decent deals for myself. Nothing of the "golden parachute" variety but I do OK. If I had the resume that that guy does, I'd do what he did. So would you and anyone else with half a clue.

Generally companies that make such offers understand cost/benefit because their profit is in the billions so a few million doesn't have an enormous long term effect on the bottom line.

so?? you fail at your job and you get rewarded? that's pretty dumb IMO

Dumb? I think it's brilliant negotiating.

Dumbass observations like that are why you'll never negotiate that sort of severance.