Cop gives ticket to vet in middle of military funeral procession

\GoBillsInDallas/

You have to wonder about some police. I had an experience once with a local cop that still makes me shake my head.

I was waiting at the light on the street where I live about to pull onto the main highway when I noticed the car was handling funny. I jumped out while the light was still red and saw my rear left tire was leaking. So I start heading for the service station that's half a block away.

Right as I'm about to pull into the station a cop flips on her lights and pulls me over about 300 feet from the air pump.

The cop then informs she's pulling me over because she noticed I was driving on a soft tire. Apperently she saw me get out to look at my tire and thanks to her detective training she figured out I must be driving flat.

Trying not to be a wiseass I thanked the officer for pointing it out to me and explained I was about to fill it with air before the tire went completely flat.

She then made me wait so she could run my plates. (After all I could have been an escaped felon.) And then lectured me on the danger of driving on a flat tire. Meanwhile that tire that had some air in it is now completely flat and now forced to drive that last 300 feet on my rim.

Maybe someone here who works in law enforcement can explain why cops do this?

That's a bad ticket. Might as well share bad ticket stories. Mine was on Christmas Eve, in a hurry to get home from Palm Springs, had a computer programming contract there, I was late for dinner and holding up the family from eating, just trying to get home. At my exit, cop pulls me over for 15 MPH over the limit. Asked him for a break, but a scrooge he was. Really put me in the holiday spirit.

I got stopped 10 feet in front of the driveway I was going to turn down.

It was to his parent's house where his wedding was taking place.

We were a little late. :angry:

Why didn't you keep going down the driveway, then pull over. I suppose they would of still wrote the ticket. But just for sh*ts and giggles, drag the douche onto private property.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois