Feds Surprise NFL Teams With Postgame Drug Shakedowns

26CornerBlitz

They need Probable Cause, and I assume they had that.

No way they had probable cause. I'm guessing the teams were made away there would be "random" visits somewhere. They simply led the DEA agents in. They could have refused. They didn't have warrents, nor did they have cause.

It's all a show.

I'm sure this latest federal intrusion -- sure to give the NFL a massive black eye heading into the playoffs -- will go away nice and quickly just as soon as a certain someone changes the name of a certain team.

"Nice gig ya got goin' on here, NFL. It'd be a shame if something were to happen to it."

Edited by LABillzFan

No way they had probable cause. I'm guessing the teams were made away there would be "random" visits somewhere. They simply led the DEA agents in. They could have refused. They didn't have warrents, nor did they have cause.

It's all a show.

Down farther in the article it mentioned these raids were in response to the lawsuit from players against the NFL.

Also, this is my thought. Players who have crossed over to the Lawyer's side and now want to sue have someone with some pull conduct a raid to see if they can get some evidence.

Fixed.

I wish the DEA would do something more useful with our tax dollars.

Copyright enforcement? Oh, wait, that is homeland security giving press conferences from Disney headquarters.

Edited by jeremy2020

Down farther in the article it mentioned these raids were in response to the lawsuit from players against the NFL.

Yes they were. But a civil suit is not probable casue to search a specific business "randomly". There would have to be a high likelyhood of a crime being committed for there to be legit probable cause. A loudly publicized player lawsuit isn't doesn't suffice.

ANyway, sicne the suit was filed, you can be assured every team immediately stopped handing out the narcotics in anticipation that the Feds would come by at some point.

Again, a big show by the DEA, the NFLPA and the NFL.