Carolina Kelvin- Benjamin 3 rec 70 yards 2 TD's---ranked 17th

Tampa Bay- Mike Evans 7 rec 125 yards one TD---ranked 14th

Pittsburgh- Martavis Bryant 4 rec 143 yards one TD

NYG- Odell Beckham Jr 7 rec 108 yards-one rush 11 yards---ranked 29th

Arizona- John Brown 5 rec 73 yards one TD

Buffalo- Sammy Watkins 4 rec, 27 yards- hip injury---ranked 30th

Miami- Jarvis Landry 7 rec, 53 yards- one rush -8

Jacksonville-Allen Hurns 1 rec 9 yards

Philly WR Jordan Matthews is climbing up in the ranks with none other then Mark Sanchez throwing to him. It begs the question, is it really all about the QB or the coaching? His rank is currently better then Saints TE Jimmy Graham-WR's Roddy White-Mike Wallace-Brandon Marshall -Larry Fitzgerald.

Edited by FeartheLosing

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update week 13

Philly-Jordan Matthews 7 rec 138 yards 2 TD's---ranked 33rd

Carolina Kelvin- Benjamin 3 rec 70 yards 2 TD's---ranked 17th

Tampa Bay- Mike Evans 7 rec 125 yards one TD---ranked 14th

Pittsburgh- Martavis Bryant 4 rec 143 yards one TD

NYG- Odell Beckham Jr 7 rec 108 yards-one rush 11 yards---ranked 29th

Arizona- John Brown 5 rec 73 yards one TD

Buffalo- Sammy Watkins 4 rec, 27 yards- hip injury---ranked 30th

Miami- Jarvis Landry 7 rec, 53 yards- one rush -8

Jacksonville-Allen Hurns 1 rec 9 yards

Philly WR Jordan Matthews is climbing up in the ranks with none other then Mark Sanchez throwing to him. It begs the question, is it really all about the QB or the coaching? His rank is currently better then Saints TE Jimmy Graham-WR's Roddy White-Mike Wallace-Brandon Marshall -Larry Fitzgerald.

Matthews is moving up because he and Sanchez spent most of the year running the scout team offense together. They have a more natural chemistry than Maclin (right now, it should change as Sanchez plays more with Maclin). But that's just how I see it.

Matthews is moving up because he and Sanchez spent most of the year running the scout team offense together. They have a more natural chemistry than Maclin (right now, it should change as Sanchez plays more with Maclin). But that's just how I see it.

Watching Sancho, it's clear that his favorite target is Matthews. The Hogan effect.

The point really wasn't about Matthews. Its about a resurrected QB that the world thought was a complete bum, with his nickname "Mr buttfumble". Would the Jets have simply cut him if they thought he could ever play like he has for the Eagles?

Then the fact that the team is currently ranked 4th overall on offense, and Sanchez is 4-1 in his 5 games. With scores of 31-45-43-33 in those 4 winning games. Freaking amazing from my view

Watching Sancho, it's clear that his favorite target is Matthews. The Hogan effect.

It would be nice if Orton to Hogan had anywhere near the same effect. They both might be favorite targets but Hogan's biggest day was 7 rec for 74 yards vs 7 rec 138 yards, 2 TD's

Again, my point was different coaches, different offensive scheme with a QB that the world thought to be a bum.

I feel Its not that Sammy is being restricted by Orton throwing to him, as its more like him being held back by the Bills coaches, scheme. I gotta wonder what Sammy could do in that fast paced high scoring offensive of the Eagles.

The point really wasn't about Matthews. Its about a resurrected QB that the world thought was a complete bum, with his nickname "Mr buttfumble". Would the Jets have simply cut him if they thought he could ever play like he has for the Eagles?

Then the fact that the team is currently ranked 4th overall on offense, and Sanchez is 4-1 in his 5 games. With scores of 31-45-43-33 in those 4 winning games. Freaking amazing from my view

It would be nice if Orton to Hogan had anywhere near the same effect. They both might be favorite targets but Hogan's biggest day was 7 rec for 74 yards vs 7 rec 138 yards, 2 TD's

Again, my point was different coaches, different offensive scheme with a QB that the world thought to be a bum.

I feel Its not that Sammy is being restricted by Orton throwing to him, as its more like him being held back by the Bills coaches, scheme. I gotta wonder what Sammy could do in that fast paced high scoring offensive of the Eagles.

I think Chip is a good head coach. Honestly, I do. But I think there's something to be said about how many "breaks," he has gotten in his tenure. First of all, that division sucks. This year, the Cowboys are actually playing football, but last year, they were the chokers we all thought they were.

Then you look at Foles' second year. Chip had a great system that the NFL wasn't ready for and it shows once he got some non-Vick at QB. That duo took the league by storm last year, but this year it hasn't been all roses for Foles.

And while ol Sancho has been on the winning team this year, I don't know how much you can attribute the success to Mark. TD/TO ratio of 1, hasn't won a game without 200 yards rushing or a special teams TD, is there any surprise they're 3-1 with him? I'm very reluctant to call Mark "resurrected." That's like calling Fitz resurrected with his 3-1 start in Houston.

Think about how Marrone's offense would look with the best active RB in football and 2 All-Pro O-linemen. Not as good as Kelly's, sure, but wayyyyy better than today.

Also, Hogan was an UDFA bum who couldn't stick with a team, and Matthews is a mid round draft pick IIRC, kinda unfair to compare their production and point to coaching.

Edited by FireChan

The excuses for Hackett, Sammy and Whaley will never end on OBD, not even when it's two decades without making the playoffs.

One would think the Bills would know after all these years that having a top QB should trump drafting RB's, DB's, WR's, LB's, and C/G's. Yet, from 2006-2012 Buffalo spent 12 of 16 picks in Rounds 1 and 2 on those positions. The exceptions were 2 DT's (Troup, Dareus) 1 DE (Maybin) and 1 OT (Glenn).

I think Chip is a good head coach. Honestly, I do. But I think there's something to be said about how many "breaks," he has gotten in his tenure. First of all, that division sucks. This year, the Cowboys are actually playing football, but last year, they were the chokers we all thought they were.

Then you look at Foles' second year. Chip had a great system that the NFL wasn't ready for and it shows once he got some non-Vick at QB. That duo took the league by storm last year, but this year it hasn't been all roses for Foles.

And while ol Sancho has been on the winning team this year, I don't know how much you can attribute the success to Mark. TD/TO ratio of 1, hasn't won a game without 200 yards rushing or a special teams TD, is there any surprise they're 3-1 with him? I'm very reluctant to call Mark "resurrected." That's like calling Fitz resurrected with his 3-1 start in Houston.

Think about how Marrone's offense would look with the best active RB in football and 2 All-Pro O-linemen. Not as good as Kelly's, sure, but wayyyyy better than today.

Also, Hogan was an UDFA bum who couldn't stick with a team, and Matthews is a mid round draft pick IIRC, kinda unfair to compare their production and point to coaching.

I look at Chip Kelly like he is a football genius who took over a very bad 4-12 team, and then took them to the playoffs at 10-6 his very first year as head coach. This is a man who has never coached or played previously in the NFL in his life.

First of all that NFC East division doesn't suck as Philly is 9-3 tied for the conference lead, and Dallas is 8-4 right behind them in the division. That 9-3 record happens to be equal to the current best in the NFL....so lame of you to even mention this.

Nobody is even talking about QB Nick Foles but you, and who cares what he did this year or last year. My entire point was about Mark Sanchez is able to score that many points in the Eagles offensive scheme.

Sanchez took over during the Houston game late in the 2nd quarter, and lead them to a win 202 yards, 2 TD's. His first game as a starter for the Eagles 332 yards passing, 2 TD's. In a loss to GB 346 yards 2 TD's. Next game 307 yards 1 TD. Against Dallas who was 8-2 at the time, and fighting for the division lead ...Mark Sanchez was the winning QB on an offense that scored 33 points.

So far in taking over Mark Sanchez has had three 300 yard passing games. How many has Kyle Orton had with your beloved Marrone / Hackett coaching him? Is Sanchez really that much better then Orton...I think not. I think its the scheme, play calling and discipline in the players from proper coaching to execute the game plan properly!

I look at CJ Spiller, and Fred Jackson as two of the very best RB's in the league, and the current baboon at OC for the Bills hasn't figured out how best to utilize them. Chip Kelly tried to trade for Spiller in the off season over Sproles.

Why don't you think about how Marrone went forward with Cyril Richardson over Urbik, and the result was the worst ranked O line in the league. Started Colin Brown at LG last season with backup Sam Young, and was forced to cut them both by week 6 because they were the worst players at their positions in the entire league. Oh, because he always starts his best players...right! This ex NFL O lineman, ex NFL O line coach, ex NFL OC who's area of expertise is supposedly the O line / offense. Marrone has been out on the practice field in the preseason "hands on" with the O line players for two years now. The plain facts are he doesn't know his ass from his elbow about O line talent.

Both Eric Wood, and Cordy Glenn have the talent to be pro bowl players if coached up properly, and yet both have regressed badly this season from this totally inept coaching staff. Sad, just sad.

Unfair? What is totally unfair is that this team with this incompetent coaching staff even uses Chris Hogan at all or has him as the main receiver. Especially when the GM used 3 draft picks, and two #1 picks to draft a guy to be used as a decoy for Hogan. The Bills should be force feeding explosive play makers Robert Woods, Sammy Watkins the ball over the scrub Hogan.

I have no idea why you feel the need to follow me around this website to contradict almost everything I post about. To argue just to argue, to defend hapless losers that even you have acknowledged aren't very good. Go find someone else to troll will you please!

Edited by FeartheLosing

From Week 14,

With three games to go whichever WR steps up could be offensive rookie of the year. Currently ranked by yards

#15 Tampa Bay Mike Evans 57 rec, 935 yards, 10 TD's

#23 Carolina Kelvin Benjamin 59 rec, 848 yards, 9 TD's

#24 NY Giants Odell Beckham Jr 59 rec, 829 yards, 6 TD's

#25 Buffalo Sammy Watkins 58 rec, 822 yards, 5 TD's

#36 Philly Jordan Matthews 56 rec, 709 yards, 7 TD's

#61 Miami Jarvis Landry 63 rec, 573 yards, 5 TD's

#62 Arizona John Brown 39 rec, 569 yards, 5 TD's

#64 Jacksonville Allen Hurns 40 rec, 566 yards 6 TD's

#67 New Orleans Brandin Cooks 53 rec, 550 yards, 3 TD's- this player has been on IR after week 10

#84 Pittsburgh Martavis Bryant 21 rec 453 yards 7 Td's

The best rookie WR seasons of all time are Randy Moss (1,313 yards + 17 TDs),Anquan Boldin (1,377 yards + 8 TDs), and John Jefferson (1,001 yards + 13 TDs). With only three games to go it doesn't look likely that anyone will break Moss or Boldin's yards. Mike Evans has actually slide from a top 10 spot.

What really bothers me in all this was pre draft we all heard that the Bills were very high on Beckham. Then after the draft we hear the choice would have been TE Eric Ebron if the Bills weren't able to make that trade for Sammy.

WTF happened?

Oh well, here is this weeks update, as Odell Beckham Jr rallies past Mike Evans #20th now to #14 overall in yards. Current ranking, latest game stats.

#14 NY Giants Odell Beckham Jr - 12 rec 143 yards, 3 TD's - just freaking unreal for a rookie. Positively the #1 candidate for offensive rookie of the year with two games remaining.

#19 Carolina Kelvin Benjamin - 8 rec, 104 yards

#20 Tampa Bay Mike Evans -2 rec, 13 yards, 1 TD

#26 Buffalo Sammy Watkins - 1 rec, 28 yards :cry:

#45 Philly Jordan Matthews - 0

#47 Miami Jarvis Landry - 8 rec, 99 yards

#59 Jacksonville Allen Hurns - 6 rec, 70 yards

#67 Arizona John Brown - 2 rec, 22 yards

#74 New Orleans Brandin Cooks, 0 Broke his thumb, and has been on IR for a few weeks now.

#86 Pittsburgh Martavis - 3 rec 31 yards

Edited by FeartheLosing

• 2 weeks later...

END OF SEASON UPDATE! Receiving yards leaders

#10 NYG- Odel Beckham Jr, 91 rec, 132 targets 1,305 yards 12 TD's - Imagine, this player missed the first four games of the season due to injury. clearly rookie of the year.

#19 Tampa Bay- Mike Evans, 68 rec, 124 targets 1,051 yards 12 TD's

#21 Carolina- Kelvin Benjamin, 73 rec, 146 targets 1,008 yards 9 TD's

#24 Buffalo- Sammy Watkins, 65 rec, 128 targets 982 yards 6 TD's

#36 Philly- Jordan Matthews, 67 rec, 105 targets 872 yards 8 TD's

#54 Miami- Jarvis Landry, 84 rec, 111 targets 758 yards 5 TD's

#65 Ari- John Brown, 48 rec, 103 targets 696 yards 5 TD's

#67 Jax- Allen Hurns, 51 rec, 97 targets 677 yards 6 TD's

#82 NO- Brandin Cooks, 53 rec, 70 targets 550 yards 3 TD's- this player went on IR after week 11, and missed the last 6 games

#83 Pitt- Martavis Bryant, 26 rec, 49 targets 549 yards 8 TD's

The best rookie WR seasons of all time are Randy Moss (1,313 yards + 17 TDs),Anquan Boldin (1,377 yards + 8 TDs), and John Jefferson (1,001 yards + 13 TDs). With only three games to go it doesn't look likely that anyone will break Moss or Boldin's yards.

To put things in perspective, Beckham had more yards then Gronk, Calvin Johnson, Bolden, AJ Green.