It's Terry Time

The thing that separates Bills fans from others is our ability to keep coming back for more. Who here, at the beginning of the season, didn't think that this year we've got a chance to be good, that 14 seasons would not become 15 playoff-free seasons?

Who can you blame when the culture of the team is so supportive of mediocrity? Can you blame the players? Not really, how many of them were here in 2008 when we started 5-1 and then lost 8 of our last 10? None of them were here when we lost to the Steelers' bench in the last game of 2004 (our only winning season this century).

The culture of mediocrity is so ingrained in the Bills organization that it infects the players. Maybe it would have been nice to get Roethlisberger instead of Losman in the first round in 2004 but my guess is if we'd gotten Ben he wouldn't have had a career that was much better than JP's or Trent's. We'd have ruined him too.

Who here really thought we'd go into our two must-win games against KC and Miami and actually win?

If I had just spent $1.4 billion to buy this team, I'd clean house. Completely. Front office, coaching staff, scouting staff, everyone. There isn't one person of importance in this organization who has a track record to point to in order to justify his retention.

Terry Pegula has got his hands full. Too bad the only thing we know about him so far is how well he has done with the Sabres. (For those of you keeping score at home, after 17 games the Sabres have fewer wins than the Bills had after 8). Let's see what he can do here. (For all of his obnoxious noise, you know what Trump would be doing if he owned the team.)