Genetics test:

Beerball

And here I thought schools still at least attempted to teach kids to sound intelligent.

My favorite part:

The teacher said the worksheet had been passed down to her by other teachers who have been using it.

Translation: I spent zero time preparing an intelligent lesson. Insert standard whining about underfunded and overworked teachers here.

The question was from a test on genetics.

"LaShamanda has a heterozygous big bootie, the dominant trait. Her man Fontavius has a small bootie which is recessive. They get married and have a baby named LaPrincess" the biology assignment prompts students.

The assignment then continues to ask, "What is the probability that LaPrincess will inherit her mama's big bootie?"

This is the kind of **** that they're peddling to kids? This reads like a caption on WorldstarHipHop.

The answer is obviously 25 %. Teaches kids to focus on the important info and ignore the rest. The important info is dominant heterozygous big bootie and the recessive small bootie.

Edited by Wacka

The mother says the assignment was given last Monday and she reached out to the teacher for an explanation for the question.

"I am extremely concerned that this type of language is being used and considered expectable [sic] to be issued to students," she said while asking for an explanation.

The above is from the article. Based on the 'test' in question and the abuse of the English language as noted above (in a conversation between mom and teacher).....I've concluded that these students have no chance.

If the mother was homozygous, it would be 50%. it says heterozygous. If B is the dominant bigbooty gene the mother is Bb the father is bb. The only kids they could have are Bb and bb, The answer is 25 %, I have a degree in molecular biology.

A test question about the inheritability of large asses (which is, by the way, a genetic trait of some tribes in Africa south of the Congo basin). Big deal. I was far more concerned that LaShamanda and Fontavius named their daughter "LaPrincess."

If the mother was homozygous, it would be 50%. it says heterozygous. If B is the dominant bigbooty gene the mother is Bb the father is bb. The only kids they could have are Bb and bb, The answer is 25 %, I have a degree in molecular biology.

You don't need a degree to make a Punnet square. Also, you're wrong. If the mother was homozygous dominant, it would be 100%. Because all four boxes would get a B. Heterozygous means two boxes will get B's, thus 50%.

God, I would hate to drop the "degree" card and still be wrong.

Edited by FireChan