Kyle Orton: Toe Injury

Dorkington

you are LITERALLY in every QB-related thread with the same schtick....I think it's clear where you stand.

How is that any different than the pro Orton people with their own schtick?

Well at least some of them are slowly realizing Orton is flopping and are open to the change.

IMO it's closer to the truth. Actually it is the truth

So for clarity where exactly do you stand?

Also, If there weren't dozens of Orton threads. I wouldn't have to repeat myself so many times.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

For the record, Jauron did this, too. He brought in Edwards when Losman was "injured", which happened to be right after JP had a horrific first half against San Fran. I wouldn't doubt that wasn't the only time, either.

A lot of coaches do this, but it's usually the ones whose team is struggling and they're reaching.

It's not about looking good, bad, dumb, or smart.

It's about cleanly effecting a QB change with as little drama as possible. If an "injury" necessitates the change, it has to happen. Nothing anyone can do or say about it, really.

At least that is the theory behind this technique.

I suspect they will now embark on the "play EJ until he drops" plan to verify he has nothing to offer at the NFL level. Well, he can probably hold a clipboard and wear a baseball cap while standing on the sideline. That's about it.

It is about looking incompetent for Marrone.

You switched to the vet it didn't work.

You switch back to the 2nd year Future of the Franchise when playoffs are out of reach you look indecisive and incompetent.

Plus you lose the team if you make the switch without injury because you're basically saying the year is over with and playoffs are out of reach. You atleast have to pretend they're you're trying to win out.

It is about looking incompetent for Marrone.

You switched to the vet it didn't work.

You switch back to the 2nd year Future of the Franchise when playoffs are out of reach you look indecisive and incompetent.

Plus you lose the team if you make the switch without injury because you're basically saying the year is over with and playoffs are out of reach. You atleast have to pretend they're you're trying to win out.

That's why I'll be watching the players closely, to see if they are at least pretending. I get the impression this bunch will run for the bus at the first sign of adversity.

GO BILLS!!!

Lol. I posted last week wondering what the mysterious Orton illness would be. Now we know, its a Toe injury. I loved how Marrone slipped it in at the end of his Presser last night and then slinked away from the podium.

This clown can't get fired soon enough for me.

same here. He is a total tool. He and Hackett (who is a nice guy, unlike Marrone) need to go.

Orton hurt his toe when he tried to shove his foot up Hackett's ass.......

HAHAHAHAH.

That actually would explain a lot - in the second half, he simply wasn't stepping into his throws and was flat-footed. Something looked wrong. Granted, he played terribly, but his accuracy was far worse than usual.

Oh Christ, another excuse for Orton. How would you explain his shittiness in the first half? Or in the KC game?

How is that any different than the pro Orton people with their own schtick?

Well at least some of them are slowly realizing Orton is flopping and are open to the change.

IMO it's closer to the truth. Actually it is the truth

So for clarity where exactly do you stand?

Also, If there weren't dozens of Orton threads. I wouldn't have to repeat myself so many times.

Enough. Orton's bad , but EJ flat out sucks. Get over it. We are a team without a quality QB anywhere on the roster.

LOL. Admit he was wrong about what? Going 6-10 w/ EJ and Co. last season? 2-2 w/ EJ this season with horrible, regressed production from the QB position and now 3-3 with Orton with average production from the QB position that is now on the downswing again. There's no right and wrong here.

It's not like we made the playoffs last year with one QB and are spiraling out of control with the other. We weren't 4-0 with one QB this season and now 0-6 with the other either.

So EJ got benched - how was that a mistake if he ends up better b/c of it?

Average production? I don't think you know what average is.

Oh Christ, another excuse for Orton. How would you explain his shittiness in the first half? Or in the KC game?

Or Detroit? Or Minnesota? He has been bad in all of them.