Hey Tasker...

TPS

Are you still clinging to your Austrian ideas given the decline in commodities?

In the past year, the Fed has expanded its balance sheet--pumping liquidity in the markets to the tune of $600 billion or 15.6%; yet gold is down 9.4%, and the GSCI is down 14%; and Oil is collapsing!

Any thoughts?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you still clinging to your Austrian ideas given the decline in commodities?

In the past year, the Fed has expanded its balance sheet--pumping liquidity in the markets to the tune of $600 billion or 15.6%; yet gold is down 9.4%, and the GSCI is down 14%; and Oil is collapsing!

Any thoughts?

1. Steven Keen and even Mike (freaken always looks like he's just waking up after a night of booze and coke) Norman do a better job of having predictions in line with reality then any Austrian School disciple. Also for the countries that have followed Austrian austerity policy I summit than any economic policy that forces you to increase your water cannon budget by 2000% should be reconsidered.

2. but to be fair Gold is being manipulated downward for economic reasons and so is oil to hurt the Russians and Iranians

3. to be even fairer how can any economic theory be predictive when it appears that every market is manipulated - LIBOR, Forex, Oil,Stocks, etc etc

1. Steven Keen and even Mike (freaken always looks like he's just waking up after a night of booze and coke) Norman do a better job of having predictions in line with reality then any Austrian School disciple. Also for the countries that have followed Austrian austerity policy I summit than any economic policy that forces you to increase your water cannon budget by 2000% should be reconsidered.

2. but to be fair Gold is being manipulated downward for economic reasons and so is oil to hurt the Russians and Iranians

3. to be even fairer how can any economic theory be predictive when it appears that every market is manipulated - LIBOR, Forex, Oil,Stocks, etc etc

Give'em a break. It's hard to meet bonus targets if you can't rig the numbers.

But beef is more expensive!!! B-)

do you know why?

Look at corn. It is cyclical. Beef will be up this year, up next year as the price of cattle meets the cost of beef. One the two collide people will sell all their cattle for beef by 2016 making beef hard to find again and the corn biz will still be pumping out trying to catch up, making the supply increase as demand increases, corn gets very cheap. By 2018 it is cheap to feed your cattle, by 2020 those beef prices will begin to rise again. By 2022 we will be where we are at right now.

The reason beef is up - we are turning it around. Droughts in the Southwest and plains did not allow for a lot of feed for the cattle, plus a very hard winter last year made a lot of people sell off their cattle. There isn't much for cattle out there.

Seedstockers are stable, though.

Edited by jboyst62

Global market, growing middle class, more people eating beef

except, who really imports US Beef?

Because, we do not really export it, not nearly as much as we import it. Mexico exports more cattle then we do, Canada and Australia, too. Those three countries account for over half of the cattle in the world. As for beef, that's different - Brazil, India, Australia, United States, and New Zealand. Many South American countries, the EU and then Mexico finish out the ranks.

We are the leading importer and and leading consumer of beef. Russia, who is our number 1 exporter is next on the list. Japan, third

Milk is far more in demand then beef. Rice is second, and the US is a top 5 producer of that world wide. Rice doesn't fluctuate, does it?

Are you asking me why Austrian micro trends aren't obviously surfacing in a manipulated macro economy? Do you really need me to answer that question?

Like the expanding middle class economy in India, right?

you suck.

for once i was going to feel smart and like i knew something in PPP and impress you all with my brilliance and you chime in.

screw you guys, i'm going home.

China and other places.

China has one of the top 3 cattle inventories in the world. They have plenty of cattle.

Oh, and circling back to TYTT, India, Brazil and China have almost 2/3 the entire population of cattle in the world.

Edited by jboyst62

except, who really imports US Beef?

Because, we do not really export it, not nearly as much as we import it. Mexico exports more cattle then we do, Canada and Australia, too. Those three countries account for over half of the cattle in the world. As for beef, that's different - Brazil, India, Australia, United States, and New Zealand. Many South American countries, the EU and then Mexico finish out the ranks.

We are the leading importer and and leading consumer of beef. Russia, who is our number 1 exporter is next on the list. Japan, third

Milk is far more in demand then beef. Rice is second, and the US is a top 5 producer of that world wide. Rice doesn't fluctuate, does it?

My god man, go buy a brain, will you? If it costs more to import beef will prices rise or fall?

http://www.agweb.com/article/beef-prices-surge-as-global-demand-grows-blmg/

My god man, go buy a brain, will you? If it costs more to import beef will prices rise or fall?

http://www.agweb.com...and-grows-blmg/

We're getting off track because we are talking about this country.

The world has enough beef to support itself, this country doesn't. The world wanting more beef raises our prices but that is not much to do with prices of beef. This country has plenty of cattle but not enough beef.

Price are rising with this countries beef because the supply of food for our own cattle. We are exporting so much corn and so much of what we use to feed our cattle that it is raising the price of feed. The price of feed going up is effecting the price of raising cattle.