adrian peterson

tombstone56

I can turn a blind eye to weed, drugs, dwi's, even illegal gun ownership. No way I take AP or RR at any contract ever on my roster.

I keep hearing that the courts have handled this and it isn't the NFL/employers job to. Well go knock your wife out cold, or beat your kid with a stick and shove leaves in his mouth, march into your bosses office, tell him you did it, and that it is all over the news. See if you come back to work tomorrow.

to be honest...

I'll take Beast Mode if available

I'd be even more worried about him than AP. Lynch is a year younger but otherwise similar #s to AP; 8 years, ~2000 carries. RBs typically hit the wall around 2500, but with Lynch's running style I see him hitting it hard after another year or two. Seattle isn't dumb; there's a reason they didn't extend him this year.

For reference as someone mentioned the jets - Johnson got 2 years for 8m total. What if the deal is something like that?

Petersons better but at time of signing would be 2 years older (over 30)

That would change things for me, but I'm sure both guys are looking for a lot more than that in terms of both years and dollars. Will be interesting to see what happens.

I'd be even more worried about him than AP. Lynch is a year younger but otherwise similar #s to AP; 8 years, ~2000 carries. RBs typically hit the wall around 2500, but with Lynch's running style I see him hitting it hard after another year or two. Seattle isn't dumb; there's a reason they didn't extend him this year.

That would change things for me, but I'm sure both guys are looking for a lot more than that in terms of both years and dollars. Will be interesting to see what happens.

ill agree on both halves. im not advocating on this one, just thinking out loud. situations like his always catch my interest just from a curious how itll play out sense. IF hes affordable, i could see a situation where short term he helps the team more than a middle of the pack guard would (or say Brandon spikes). but thats both a big IF on affordability and health.

im surprised marshawn has lasted this long as he had back issues early in his career that have lingered

Edited by NoSaint

For reference as someone mentioned the jets - Johnson got 2 years for 8m total. What if the deal is something like that?

Petersons better but at time of signing would be 2 years older (over 30)

It would be tough to pass on that contract but with other big paydays (Dareus, Hughes, Glenn) coming up in the next couple years I'd personally rather save the money at RB by drafting one.