Obama's state department about to legalize millions of illegals, b

Security

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Cruz and Rubio aren't real Hispanics according to Bill Richardson

Even if they are, less than 2% of GOP seats in congress are held by Hispanics -- it's only 8% on the other side. There's still numbers to be had considering Hispanics are 17% of the population and the fastest growing. The majority of the GOP would welcome more Hispanic support and candidates. Their vocal base would not -- and those are the people really pulling the reigns on the party.

Tokens.

Only 8 9 republican Hispanics in all of Congress says more than words. It's a fatal mistake for the GOP.

Tokens? Is that a Hispanic Uncle Tom?

We expect that puke from gatorman, but not you. You're smart enough to see what the left does to get the hispanic and black vote. Hispanics are catching on, as evidenced by the mid terms.

Tokens? Is that a Hispanic Uncle Tom?

We expect that puke from gatorman, but not you. You're smart enough to see what the left does to get the hispanic and black vote. Hispanics are catching on, as evidenced by the mid terms.

Token as in it's a pittance, though Rubio is Cuban and culturally they are very isolated within the Hispanic community at large. Which brings up the larger point, "the Hispanic" vote is actually several demographics and cultures that aren't homogeneous. Regardless, there are only 9 Hispanics in congress that have an R before their name, 2% of their total seats to the D's 8%. There's a difference to made up there if the GOP was free to operate without having to appeal to a very vocal minority who are staunchly anti-immigrants and by extension of ignorance, anti-Hispanic.

This isn't a shot against the GOP, just the reality of the situation. You want to win in '16? Better start figuring out how to be more inclusive to the brown folks. Republicans have more in common with Mexican Americans (the largest number) specifically than the Democrats yet, despite it all they push the majority of Hispanics either to the independents or the left because no one wants to vote for a party that has a large megaphone calling them criminals and illegals. The party is undone by a portion of the base who are very much in the minority yet hold exponentially more sway on issues like this.

If the GOP had any sense they would court the Hispanics not ostracize them. You think about what the Hispanics value itis very conservative. They're about the family, personal responsibility, very religious, etc. They are far from liberal.

Magox has been saying this for years. The Right is starting to get this but they are still a true mess on immigration reform. Hard to play to the far right and do thoughtful immigration reform at the same time.

Magox has been saying this for years. The Right is starting to get this but they are still a true mess on immigration reform. Hard to play to the far right and do thoughtful immigration reform at the same time.

I'm not sure what immigration reform is. The right has been saying all along we have to do something about our porous borders. That is a tough thing to say without making it sound like "we hate brown people so we must keep them out." However it's true. We have to do something to stem the flow. One of the biggest challenges we have to face is too many people. And too many people at the lower end of the economic scale and of course that's exactly who is coming across. It sure isn't the doctors, engineers and software developers. I spent a few days in a very nice resort in Mexico. The employees there spoke better English than some here whereas many that have been in the US for years can't speak a damn word and have no intention of learning to because in many parts of the U.S. (East LA and Santa Ana in OC to mention two) they don't have to to live.

Edited by Chef Jim

Yep. The left doesn't care who is coming across the border, because they know they are most likely to vote Dem. And most Mexicans have relatives in Mexico they'd like to see in the US, so they're not going to be satisfied with closing the border. And while it's true that Hispanics are socially conservative, they'll vote to keep the gravy train going and ultimately the US will turn into Mexico.

Yep. The left doesn't care who is coming across the border, because they know they are most likely to vote Dem. And most Mexicans have relatives in Mexico they'd like to see in the US, so they're not going to be satisfied with closing the border. And while it's true that Hispanics are socially conservative, they'll vote to keep the gravy train going and ultimately the US will turn into Mexico.

No they won't. Hispanics are a mostly proud group of people. They take care of each other and themselves. I know this from working with them for many years in SoCal kitchens. And now trying to do retirement planning is hard because most still expect their children to take care of them. That is why if the right could get the right message out this could, and should, backfire on the left

Oh, please. The 'far right' is muzzled right now, which is why the mid-terms destroyed the progressive left, which will likely be muzzled in the next two years.

You simply can not and should not do any immigration before your deal with the border. That's not a far right thing; that's a common sense thing. You can't fully clean the restaurant until you lock the doors first.

What the right needs to do is take a lead from Rand Paul and go into the communities. It'll take years to break minorities from the economic slavery the left has given to them, but the first step is to go in, be seen, and listen.

No they won't. Hispanics are a mostly proud group of people. They take care of each other and themselves. I know this from working with them for many years in SoCal kitchens. And now trying to do retirement planning is hard because most still expect their children to take care of them. That is why if the right could get the right message out this could, and should, backfire on the left

Taking care of themselves means getting as many of their relatives into the US as possible and providing assistance services. That means voting Democrat.

And pride hasn't helped the latin American countries a whole lot.

And before anyone accuses me of being a bigot, I'm talking about illegal immigrants, like LA was. I know many hard-working Latinos who I respect very much and who either came here legally or were born here. And even they don't have much good to say about those coming here illegally.

This was also the bottom line of my earlier posts in the thread. Magox is 100% correct, as is Chef.

Messages like this is why the GOP has a Hispanic problem. It's the perfect example of someone who isn't a bigot (Doc) saying something that's really offensive to the Hispanic community at large and shows them they're not welcome in the Republican party... even if it's not true, that's the message these people are hearing from right wing mouth pieces (who have the loudest megaphones) day in and day out for the past decade and change.

Agreed. But as Magnox, and JA stated above, the issue isn't that the GOP wants to keep Hispanics out of the party -- just that a vocal portion of the party's base can't see the forest through the trees.

Oh, please. The 'far right' is muzzled right now, which is why the mid-terms destroyed the progressive left, which will likely be muzzled in the next two years.

They're really not muzzled -- you just might be employing selective hearing. The midterms were a slaughter -- as it normally goes for a second term president who's increasingly unpopular. This wasn't a historic change, it was as predictable as a swinging pendulum.

Now, if you want to keep the gains your party made in the midterms, you're going to have to convince the base that you need the Hispanic vote. Otherwise we're in for 4 years of Hillary and no one wants that. Not even Hillary.

Messages like this is why the GOP has a Hispanic problem. It's the perfect example of someone who isn't a bigot (Doc) saying something that's really offensive to the Hispanic community at large and shows them they're not welcome in the Republican party... even if it's not true, that's the message these people are hearing from right wing mouth pieces (who have the loudest megaphones) day in and day out for the past decade and change.

First off, I'm not a Repub. Second of all, people often purport to take offense about something because they don't want to hear/admit to a problem. A good example of this is Ferguson. Instead of saying "Mike Brown shouldn't have been doing pot" and/or "stealing from a store" and/or "assaulting a store worker" and/or "walking down the center of a busy street" and/or "ignoring a police officer's directions" and/or "assaulting a police officer" and/or "resisting arrest," I hear almost everyone in the media saying "the police need to change."

And I don't think it's a stretch to say that latinos would like to see their friends and/or relatives come to the US, especially those who got here illegally (which last time I checked, is a criminal act) and couldn't bring their entire family with them. Now would these people be more likely to be self-sufficient, or dependent on government services? I think we know the answer to that one. And how many people can the US support before there's a breaking point? I understand good intentions, but as the saying goes, the path to hell is paved with them. We can't even find jobs for a large number of people here in the US legally, and now you want to add more? And doing this just gives even more incentive for more people to cross the border.

And despite Barry's EO, latino groups are already complaining that the situation of the other 6-7M illegals isn't being addressed. You think it will stop there?

And you think you know about it because of the people coming into plan financially? LOL!

When you live and work with them for 30 years you tend to learn their culture.

And before anyone accuses me of being a bigot, I'm talking about illegal immigrants, like LA was. I know many hard-working Latinos who I respect very much and who either came here legally or were born here. And even they don't have much good to say about those coming here illegally.

So the Hispanics here illegally don't work hard? The ones here illegally are here for their government cheese? Once again you don't know what you're taking about.

When you live and work with them for 30 years you tend to learn their culture.

So the Hispanics here illegally don't work hard? The ones here illegally are here for their government cheese? Once again you don't know what you're taking about.

Do Hispanics not also value loyalty? Will they not see this as a Democrat doing right by them, and vote to repay the favor? I have relatives in Ontario who have said (and for all I know, this is complete crap) but a similar situation happened with the Italians in the Toronto area, and they voted Democrat for two generations.

It's not much of a stretch to me. I know if I was in a similar situation, I might do the same. How many of these hard-working individuals are going to carefully analyze the issues? I suppose it's possible they'll work their 12 hour days, then go home and read up on how Chris Christie feels about our national debt. But I wouldn't bet on it.

Edited by FireChan

Do Hispanics not also value loyalty? Will they not see this as a Democrat doing right by them, and vote to repay the favor? I have relatives in Ontario who have said (and for all I know, this is complete crap) but a similar situation happened with the Italians in the Toronto area, and they voted Democrat for two generations.

It's not much of a stretch to me. I know if I was in a similar situation, I might do the same. How many of these hard-working individuals are going to carefully analyze the issues? I suppose it's possible they'll work their 12 hour days, then go home and read up on how Chris Christie feels about our national debt. But I wouldn't bet on it.

Loyalty? Loyalty is giving them ****? And it's going to have to start locally with local conservatives in their community educating them on the difference between conservatives and liberals. Once they see that they would most likely lean more conservative in their allegiance.

Edited by Chef Jim