Obama's state department about to legalize millions of illegals, b

Security

If you'd prefer, I'll tie you down to reprieves.

They are granted to individuals, rather than groups; and are awarded after an individual request.

Knock. Knock.

Executive action = reprieve, smartypants. I would have thought you knew that. It's funny, but I have a feeling that the POTUS has the technical expertise to get all 5 million individuals reprieved.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm switching gears on this in direct proportion to the likelihood of a Republican President in 2016.

Think of the things he can unilaterally tell the Justice Department to stop enforcing and then juggle the funding for:

IRS

ACA

Nixon's EPA

HSS

Education Department

Federal Courts

FCC

FDA

NTSA

There's a **** load of activist court decisions that he could overturn with the careful stroke of his/her pen.

The "progressives" would be in a white knuckled panic at the first EO.

Knock. Knock.

Executive action = reprieve, smartypants. I would have thought you knew that. It's funny, but I have a feeling that the POTUS has the technical expertise to get all 5 million individuals reprieved.

No one is arguing that a Presidential Reprieve isn't an Executive action. I'm saying that your assertion that everyone touched by the Presidents fiat declaration has gone through a repreive or pardon process is a non-starter.

Move on to your next attempt at Constitutional justification.

Given that you're making a Constitutional argument, you don't feel that's appropriate?

He's invoking the corollary to the Addendum of Godwin's Law - people get outraged at Nazi references in discussions about Germany between 1933 and 1945.

No one is arguing that a Presidential Reprieve isn't an Executive action. I'm saying that your assertion that everyone touched by the Presidents fiat declaration has gone through a repreive or pardon process is a non-starter.

Move on to your next attempt at Constitutional justification.

It's will be a reprieve, if you want to parse words, but you're right, that the declaration was just a declaration (fiat declaration, haha, as in "I command," too rich)

"So we’re going to offer the following deal: If you’ve with been in America more than five years. If you have children who are American citizens or illegal residents. If you register, pass a criminal background check and you’re willing to pay your fair share of taxes, you’ll be able to apply to stay in this country temporarily without fear of deportation. You can come out of the shadows and get right with the law. That’s what this deal is."

It's will be a reprieve, if you want to parse words, but you're right, that the declaration was just a declaration (fiat declaration, haha, as in "I command," too rich)

"So we’re going to offer the following deal: If you’ve with been in America more than five years. If you have children who are American citizens or illegal residents. If you register, pass a criminal background check and you’re willing to pay your fair share of taxes, you’ll be able to apply to stay in this country temporarily without fear of deportation. You can come out of the shadows and get right with the law. That’s what this deal is."

So you're conceding that I'm right, and that there is no Constitutional justification for the President's actions, then?

Oh jeebus, the vultures are circling. Maybe it's time to change my sig. Check out Eisenhower's platform. I love it. What happened to those Republicans?

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=25838

So you're conceding that I'm right, and that there is no Constitutional justification for the President's actions, then?

Article II, section 2. Did I miss something, or are you just pulling a Dale Jr. on me?

"He shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States"

That is neither a pardon nor a reprieve. :wallbash:

Oh jeebus, the vultures are circling. Maybe it's time to change my sig. Check out Eisenhower's platform. I love it. What happened to those Republicans?

http://www.presidenc...u/ws/?pid=25838

Article II, section 2. Did I miss something, or are you just pulling a Dale Jr. on me?

"He shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States"

You'll have to demonstrate that all of the illegal immigrants in question have gone through that process.

"So we’re going to offer the following deal: If you’ve with been in America more than five years.

That’s what this deal is."

How does that get verified ?

By the way .......President Obama and his entourage are jetting of to Las Vegas for a (publicly sponsored) pep rally...................................

Are the foreign embassies on alert ?

Activist, progressive, conservative, far-right, far-left, Republican, Democrat. All these terms have lost their meaning to me. I think I'm an Eisenhower Republican, and that somehow puts me on the Far-Left wing of the Democratic Party.

Ironically, this is truly Kafkaesque...

How does that get verified ?

Well, they're undocumented immigrants, so...y'know...just...like...SHUT UP!

Edited by DC Tom

http://www.presidenc...u/ws/?pid=25838

Of course you are:

We hold that the strict division of powers and the primary responsibility of State and local governments must be maintained, and that the centralization of powers in the national Government leads to expansion of the mastery of our lives,

You've got several lawyers and law students on this board who are FAR more knowledgeable than you are on the topic.

How many of those were to rewrite an existing law because Congress wouldn't do what the President wanted?

Didn't George HW Bush immigrtion plan do much the same thing? And as far as I know the sun still comes up

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/03/05/nyregion/new-policy-aids-families-of-aliens.html

That is neither a pardon nor a reprieve. :wallbash:

Don't hurt yourself. We're all in agreement, now. Last nights declaration, or proclamation, if you will, was just a declaration. The deportation reprieves come when the aforementioned parents and promising young professionals register, pass a criminal background check, and are willing to pay their fair share of taxes. That's the nuts and bolts, boys, now one of you slick lawyer types just clean up the language, and we'll get this one in the books for the good old US of A!

You can celebrate by rounding up the rest of them immigrants and put them on a boat to Patagonia. Bon Voyage.

Didn't George HW Bush immigrtion plan do much the same thing? And as far as I know the sun still comes up

http://www.nytimes.c...-of-aliens.html

idiot

You can celebrate by rounding up the rest of them immigrants and put them on a boat to Patagonia. Bon Voyage.

I haven't seen one person here arguing about the rationales that Obama tossed out to the "stupid" American public.

In fact most of the people who are beating the crap out of you in this thread strongly support reforming the immigration laws, but THROUGH THE PROPER CHANNELS THAT HAVE BEEN LONG ESTABLISHED UNDER THE LAWS OF THE LAND.

idiot

I haven't seen one person here arguing about the rationales that Obama tossed out to the "stupid" American public.

In fact most of the people who are beating the crap out of you in this thread strongly support reforming the immigration laws, but THROUGH THE PROPER CHANNELS THAT HAVE BEEN LONG ESTABLISHED UNDER THE LAWS OF THE LAND.

Congress better snap to it. No time to waste on the defensive, always reacting to Obama. Obama this, and Obama that. Time to take the reigns of government and pass bills into law. Do the !@#$ing job.