Mario, Marcell and Jerry

Kirby Jackson

I just did some math and they are on pace for a combined 43.5 sacks!! I am not sure what the record is for a trio but I would think that it is close. The record for a duo I believe is 39 (Doleman and Millard). Anyways, I didn't know where this fit so I started a new thread (felt like it deserved it).

That's nasty. Throw in that no-named Kyle Williams and boy oh boy.

God I can't wait until Kiko comes back next season.

I was thinking about this - how much influence do you think Schwartz has had in Dareus' breakout campaign? I think coming from Detroit where he coached Suh - I'm sure Schwartz has told Dareus that he's twice the player that Suh is to motivate him.

Under no circumstances does Schwartz leave this team if I'm pegula. I'd have Marrone pack it back to Syracuse before Schwartz left to be HC somewhere else.

I was thinking about this - how much influence do you think Schwartz has had in Dareus' breakout campaign? I think coming from Detroit where he coached Suh - I'm sure Schwartz has told Dareus that he's twice the player that Suh is to motivate him.

Under no circumstances does Schwartz leave this team if I'm pegula. I'd have Marrone pack it back to Syracuse before Schwartz left to be HC somewhere else.

I give Schwartzy a lot of credit. This defense is considerably better under Schwartz than it was under Pettine and it was pretty solid last year.

schwartzs best seasons were when fat albert was playing for a contract. a guy like dareus does a lot to make his defense work. its a nice pairing to have.

I thought this was going to be a salary cap thread. If we can only get the offense to click just enough to take advantage of the D this year, 'cause who knows who we can keep. I still hope that Hughes has some appreciation for the Bills helping him realize his potential and, along with the others, be willing to work something out to keep the band together.

I agree and Schwartz is certainly going to get head coaching looks. The nice thing about Pegula is he may pay over the top for assistant coaches. That is certainly a change from past philosophies. Late in Ralph's life he was willing to pay for a head coach but no one wanted to come because the talent was lacking. Now we have talent and a guy that will possible make Schwartz the highest paid defensive coordinator in the league. What this means to me is that he will not jump at just any head coaching job. If the Raiders come calling for example and he has an opportunity to go there and inevitably fail or make the same money in Buffalo he may stay. If a job like SF opens up that's a different story.

I thought this was going to be a salary cap thread. If we can only get the offense to click just enough to take advantage of the D this year, 'cause who knows who we can keep. I still hope that Hughes has some appreciation for the Bills helping him realize his potential and, along with the others, be willing to work something out to keep the band together.

Your mouth to Jerry's contract signing hand.

I just don't see that happening. Schwartz as a HC was a disaster in Detroit. They got better (even defensively) as soon as he left. If anything, he is proving to GMs around the league that he is suited as a DC only.

As for the D--sure looks good, but let's see how they finish out the year. The late game collapses against NE and KC may just be blips. They would have to slow down Brady, Rodgers and Manning to be considered among "the best" in the league.

The way the redskins throw around money I would think that we could pay Dareus and Hughes and Glenn two times over and still be well under the cap.

I'm tired of the bills letting players walk. A few years ago they had Levites and Byrd up. They resigned neither. Ah be good maybe bad but if te bills let these guys walk I'll be so F@@/&@/@g pissed I'll never watch another game again!!!!!

I just don't see that happening. Schwartz as a HC was a disaster in Detroit. They got better (even defensively) as soon as he left. If anything, he is proving to GMs around the league that he is suited as a DC only.

As for the D--sure looks good, but let's see how they finish out the year. The late game collapses against NE and KC may just be blips. They would have to slow down Brady, Rodgers and Manning to be considered among "the best" in the league.

My only gripe with Schwartz is that he rushed 3 men on the 2 most crucial passing plays last week (3rd & 20 and the last 3rd down). If you are going to only rush 3 you have to at least disguise it and make them think that more are coming. That wasn't the case on either play and they got burned. With that being said he has been really, really good for most of the year. Edited by Kirby Jackson

May only gripe with Schwartz is that he rushed 3 men on the 2 most crucial passing plays last week (3rd & 20 and the last 3rd down). If you are going to only rush 3 you have to at least disguise it and make them think that more are coming. That wasn't the case on either play and they got burned. With that being said he has been really, really good for most of the year.

the only other one ill mention is the "normal rotations" incident. otherwise, yup.

If we keep our front 4 and Brandon Spikes I think we'll have the best front 7 in the league next season when Kiko comes back.

Not only that, but we have HIGH quality backups along that front. It really is going to be special next season.

I'd like to see them lock up Jarius Wynn for like 3 years as well. I have been impressed by him. That group has been relatively healthy all year but that isn't always a guarantee moving forward. To your point, quality depth is important.

I think their ability to rotate guys like Wynn in there without seeing a big drop off in play has been a key in the unit's performance this season. Keeping those guys fresh is a huge advantage.

Add in the fact that Bradham has really stepped up this season and Preston Brown has been a surprisingly good 3 down LBer who has played EVERY defensive snap, and with Kiko back the depth at LB becomes solid too.

Regardless of what happens this season, keep this defensive unit together and we'll make the playoffs no matter what next season.