Defensive Rankings After 10 Weeks

Yes you front load Darius and Hughes now with every cent of the 25M available this year. Teams would kill for this kind of front four pressure like they do franchise QBs. Let kyle walk. He's 32 dinged up and let's face it he was not missed when he was out. Anything can happen with this kind of from four and I mean anything. See giants of 07 and 11.

I love to bash Marrone and Hackett with the best of them but let's give credit where due to Marrone for the aggressive play to get Schwartz in. Very tough situation to replace Pettine. Success was not a guarantee. See wannestadt.

I loved your post until I read the start of the 3rd sentence. Please tell me that there is another Kyle on our D-front. Kyle Williams is a huge reason this line is where it's at. Listen to any team that faces us and they talk about Kyle Williams. We need character guys in our locker room. #95 and #22 bring way more value that just what they do on the field.

It's a toss-up between this defense and the 2001 defense as the franchice's best ever imo. Bruce and Bennett were great but the strength of the 90s superbowl teams wasn't the defense.

If we keep everyone together next year and Kiko comes back healthy I think they'll take that final step to become the clear cut winner of the "Franchise's best defense ever" title.

Front load every bodies deal. We have 25 mil in cap space next year. It's the only way it works imo.

Yes you front load Darius and Hughes now with every cent of the 25M available this year.

Why this talk about front loading contracts? It does not save any money in regards to the cap anymore(due to cap rollover rules).

It's really too bad that by the time we get an offense together, our main defensive pieces will possibly be gone.:(

We are efficient red zone execution away from said offense. Aside from the SD and NE* games, we would be 7-2 with even middle of the pack red zone efficiency.

Why this talk about front loading contracts? It does not save any money in regards to the cap anymore(due to cap rollover rules).

I remember a post from you in the offseason Dibs that went into the detail. However, whilst finding it very informative at the time I forgot it shortly after.... the cap rules remain something of a mystery to me so whether it is here or on another thread a repeat of your explanation would be very much appreciated.

We are efficient red zone execution away from said offense. Aside from the SD and NE* games, we would be 7-2 with even middle of the pack red zone efficiency.

No offense but this stuff is silly. IF Detroit didn't have the worst kicker in the NFL, we are 4-5. If Minnesota wasn't a joke, we could be 3-6. You are what your record says you are.

If we don't make the playoffs, we are wasting one of the best defenses we have had in a long time solely because of our offense.