NFL Schedulers need to Be Fired

John in Jax

whats "deserved" about these games? i guess i dont see it as the honor that some of you do. i guess its a nice change of pace sometimes, but does it get you that excited?

its about getting ratings, not bestowing accolades.

the steelers consistently rank in the top 5 for national polls asking people to identify their favorite teams.

heres a recent example of the top 16 (two years outdated) but look at that and do you wonder why you see certain teams a lot?

1 Cowboys 8.8

2 Packers 7.2

3 Giants 7.1

4 Steelers 7.1

5 Patriots 6.8

6 Bears 4.2

7 Saints 4.1

8 49ers 4.0

9 Eagles 3.9

10 Broncos 3.8

11 Colts 2.8

12 Raiders 2.5

13 Redskins 2.4

14 Vikings 2.2

15 Lions 2.2

16 Dolphins 1.9

the bills and browns came in 21 and 22, and because of that are less likely to get a national spotlight until they get really good storylines

Some of that is the chicken and the egg. It's tough to be a fan when they're on TV one time a year (Thursday, which is the worst) and others are on 12-plus times.

Something tells me moving forward no one will be begging for more Andrew Luck primetime games, he will be in that spotlight several times. But why would anyone want to see "more" primetime with Luck? This Sunday night he will be playing in his FIFTH primetime game this year. It is week 11.

Maye Indy was a bad example for this season. But his rookie year I don't recall seeing him once and would have loved to.

This year, I've seen him once or twice. By next year, I'll likely be on overkill if they show him that often. Just like I have zero desire to watch ANY steelers or Baltimore or NE or NYG or Redakins game. Philly is interested only bc of Chip Kelly. Otherwise is never watch them either.

For the last 6 weeks, of the 12 Sunday & Monday night games, 9 of those games have been blowouts. How about they stop scheduling the same old, same old "favorite" teams, and actually put some competitive match ups on? Just a thought.......

This, combined with horrid conspiratorial officiating, is the underlying cause for every one of our Bills losses this season.

Bank on it.

theyre over playing the "QB Match Up" angle

They need to focus more on other players, like a "Punter Match Up" instead.

"There's Joe Punter on the sideline warming up. Oh, but his team just made another first down. Looks like he's going back to the bench. No wait, he's getting some Gatorade. Let's go to our reporter on the field."

"Booth guys, it looked like he had a hard time deciding between the orange and fruit punch, finally deciding on the orange. Let's pull up this stat that shows how his performance over the last 6 weeks has been based on Gatorade flavor..."

Some of that is the chicken and the egg. It's tough to be a fan when they're on TV one time a year (Thursday, which is the worst) and others are on 12-plus times.

Surely. And I hardly count Thursday. Similarly does our lack of wins in prime time recently (pats, Cowboys)... But I'd put it behind market size, early/sustained success in the league (both on field and marketing) and recent success.

There aren't many surprises in the list.