NFL Schedulers need to Be Fired

John in Jax

How is it the fault of the schedulers that the games turn into blowouts?

This. Pretty much every prime time game I can think of looked good at the beginning of the season, with the possible exception of Falcons-Bucs in Week 3. You can't expect these games to be blowouts, only competitive...that's why they're on prime time.

This. Pretty much every prime time game I can think of looked good at the beginning of the season, with the possible exception of Falcons-Bucs in Week 3. You can't expect these games to be blowouts, only competitive...that's why they're on prime time.

I actually think the better solution would be to be more random in game selection. It never works out that last years good teams all do well the next year.

I think they would be better off flipping a coin.

INdeed there are blowouts, but that really has little to do with scheduling. You never know who the top to bottoms or bottom to top teams will be.

Look at the TNF games. IIRC 4 of the first 5 were blowouts. that trend may still be ongoing

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I get tired of watching NE or whichever one of the four NFC East teams is on in prime time by week 3.

I'd love to see the cards get in prime time. I'd love to see Andrew luck more. If I wasn't a bills fan if love to watch Buffalo bc pf Watkins and our DL.

The only team I want to watch every week is the Bills. Playing the same old teams every week keeps me from tuning in, when I otherwise would. Give me some variety!!

They will do whatever they think will get them the best ratings.

Philly with Chip will get people watching.

They don't care why people watch, so long as they watch.

I guess if you read between the lines of my original post, you'd conclude that people are NOT watching as soon as it becomes apparent that it's a blowout. LOL

I like the idea above that they should not schedule these prime time games based solely on last year's records. There's too much parity in the league.

I'd love to see the cards get in prime time. I'd love to see Andrew luck more. If I wasn't a bills fan if love to watch Buffalo bc pf Watkins and our DL.

The only team I want to watch every week is the Bills. Playing the same old teams every week keeps me from tuning in, when I otherwise would. Give me some variety!!

Indy has played 4 of their first 9 games in prime time. And after their bye this week, guess what? They return for another night game. It's really too much IMHO.

I guess if you read between the lines of my original post, you'd conclude that people are NOT watching as soon as it becomes apparent that it's a blowout. LOL

I like the idea above that they should not schedule these prime time games based solely on last year's records. There's too much parity in the league.

its simply a projection of market size, previous tv draws, personality/storylines and expected competitive matchups.

no one expected the bears - packers to flop. its a division rivalry, with two teams forecasted to be competitive. a star qb for a national favorite, against a huge market.

its textbook what you would pick from the schedule in april to show.

Indy has played 4 of their first 9 games in prime time. And after their bye this week, guess what? They return for another night game. It's really too much IMHO.

i believe the cap is 5.

How is it the fault of the schedulers that the games turn into blowouts?

Schedulers are lazy. They pick the same teams over and over. Steelers have been on every single week in Atlanta except one.

Upstarts like the Browns, Cards and Bills deserve at least on primetime game other than Thursday.

Lazy scum, they deserve to be digested for eternity in the pit of Sarlacc.

They will do whatever they think will get them the best ratings.

Philly with Chip will get people watching.

They don't care why people watch, so long as they watch.

Philly with Chip is exciting football.

But you and I have had this debate before: They watch because that's what's on.

Edited by Just in Atlanta

Schedulers are lazy. They pick the same teams over and over. Steelers have been on every single week in Atlanta except one.

Upstarts like the Browns, Cards and Bills deserve at least on primetime game other than Thursday.

whats "deserved" about these games? i guess i dont see it as the honor that some of you do. i guess its a nice change of pace sometimes, but does it get you that excited?

its about getting ratings, not bestowing accolades.

the steelers consistently rank in the top 5 for national polls asking people to identify their favorite teams.

heres a recent example of the top 16 (two years outdated) but look at that and do you wonder why you see certain teams a lot?

1 Cowboys 8.8

2 Packers 7.2

3 Giants 7.1

4 Steelers 7.1

5 Patriots 6.8

6 Bears 4.2

7 Saints 4.1

8 49ers 4.0

9 Eagles 3.9

10 Broncos 3.8

11 Colts 2.8

12 Raiders 2.5

13 Redskins 2.4

14 Vikings 2.2

15 Lions 2.2

16 Dolphins 1.9

the bills and browns came in 21 and 22, and because of that are less likely to get a national spotlight until they get really good storylines

Edited by NoSaint

I get tired of watching NE or whichever one of the four NFC East teams is on in prime time by week 3.

They need to listen to Peter Pan.

This man speaks the truth.

We need more diversity. Not a fan of Affirmative Action, but I support it in this case.

I'd love to see the cards get in prime time. I'd love to see Andrew luck more.

Something tells me moving forward no one will be begging for more Andrew Luck primetime games, he will be in that spotlight several times. But why would anyone want to see "more" primetime with Luck? This Sunday night he will be playing in his FIFTH primetime game this year. It is week 11.

Edited by packfntk