Can Sammy Watkins be Traded???

Hey guys I want to know to if a rookie can be traded in their rookie year. But also blablabla sammy watkins to jags LOL but this has nothing to do with sammy watkins being traded blablablablabla trade watkins to jags because of a stupid hypothetical (it was a bad one).

If you want to know if a rookie can be traded in his rookie season, why don't you ask that instead of being a troll

because I imagined Sammy is a well respected player in this league and there may be calls. Not trolling Crayola. Not even sure how to troll to tell you the truth. Thanks to the guys above who answered. I'll shut her down now.

because I imagined Sammy is a well respected player in this league and there may be calls. Not trolling Crayola. Not even sure how to troll to tell you the truth. Thanks to the guys above who answered. I'll shut her down now.

If you want to know if a rookie can be traded in his rookie year, ask that. If you are not proposing sammy be traded, then why mention him come up with a stupid hypo

I know. That's why it is interesting to consider. I don't know that much about college QBs to speak accurately. But think about the year EJ came out. There weren't QBs that year rated to be worth the #2 overall pick. Luck, Newton and RGIII are the type I am talking about. So, assume Marcus Mariotta is the #1 QB in the draft and is a consensus pick at QB and deserving of consideration for the #1 overall pick. The raiders have Carr and don't find a trade partner. They draft a Punter (kidding, sort of). So Jax sits at #2. Would you trade Sammy for a shot at that highly ranked QB?

I just don't think I would trade an essentially proven star (maybe its a bit too early to say that) for a completely unproven QB. Look at these QB draft histories just for 1st round.... 2012 (3 of 4 busts), 2011 (3 of 4 busts), 2010, (2 of 2 busts), 2009 (2 of 3 busts), 2007 (2 of 2 busts).... and so on. Since 2000 only 14 legimate starting QBs have been selected in the first round and that includes people like Chad Pennington, Jay Cutler and Alex Smith who haven't been anywhere near Super Bowls. In addition, 23 other QBs were taken in the first round (not counting this year's rookies) who have essentially flamed out. That's a 38% hit rate. So trading Watkins for about a 1 in 3 shot is pretty risky...

I'm really believing that selecting QBs is a crapshoot, whoever got one basically got lucky (yeah, I'm talking about the Pats) and probably didn't know a damn thing more than one of the other teams that didn't draft a good one. Hell of a way for your fortunes to fall in the most popular sport in the nation.

Edited by cage

Because he is attempting to troll

You remind me of the Superhero "Team Page Defender" who shows up in a blue one piece outfit with cape and sunglasses to "knock out trolls" and when you are done, you adjust your belt and announce "my work here is done". Only problem is I didn't know the answer. I'm not as sophisticated as you apparently.

If you want to know if a rookie can be traded in his rookie year, ask that. If you are not proposing sammy be traded, then why mention him come up with a stupid hypo

The level of stupidity is your opinion.

What about Kiko for Manziel? Not a really a fan of Manziel's, but the thought of making a game changing deal with the Browns is an interesting one given the Pettine connection.

The Browns would probably balk of course, but I wouldn't give more than a stud all pro LB for a second year QB who hasn't proven anything yet.

No way do I trade Sammy.

I've been on this Board a few years. I'm generally a pretty nice person. Smart ass at times but keep an open mind. I'm not a real intelligent poster and I thank you in advance for giving me pointers on how to troll or, should I say, how to phrase my questions properly.

Your welcome

And thank you for assuming just because I called you a troll, I pop into every thread calling everyone trolls. Most people assume everything is about them, its refreshing to see someone who just assumes they aren't that important.

Your welcome

And thank you for assuming just because I called you a troll, I pop into every thread calling everyone trolls. Most people assume everything is about them, its refreshing to see someone who just assumes they aren't that important.

Totally agree. Thanks for monitoring our work here. Now, I'll lock the thread down since the question was answered.