Broncos considering signing Incognito

YoloinOhio

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's hilarious people think he's going to come in here and cause all kinds of problems in the 7 weeks left of the season. Sign him as a rental until the end of the year and then find a longer term solution at guard.

I doubt even Richie Incognito can ruin a locker room in 7 weeks.

Not saying he'd ruin it it 7 weeks. He would be a distraction. It's negative media attention, questions to the players, bringing focus and time to things that do not add value. This team has enough hurdles to get over in the remaining weeks, there is not the bandwidth to handle the baggage that this guy brings with him.

Not saying he'd ruin it it 7 weeks. He would be a distraction. It's negative media attention, questions to the players, bringing focus and time to things that do not add value. This team has enough hurdles to get over in the remaining weeks, there is not the bandwidth to handle the baggage that this guy brings with him.

They're professional football players not little kids. Nothing else matters if they're winning and Incognito would assuredly give us a better chance of doing that than the guards we have now.

There have been zero past results suggesting Incognito negatively affected a locker room he was only in for 7 weeks.

You're the only one throwing out the completely arbitrary seven week figure. There is past evidence -- IN BUFFALO -- of the guy being bad in the locker room and, burning bridges as he left. You're completely ignoring recent history in order to make your point, which is still an incorrect one to make.

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk 10m10 minutes ago

Broncos bring Richie Incognito in for a workout and visit http://wp.me/p14QSB-9CVw

Jeff Darlington@JeffDarlington 13m13 minutes ago

Richie Incognito is currently still in meetings with the Broncos today. A signing is not imminent — but “it’s going great so far,” I’m told.

They have been struggling to run the ball lately.

At least somebody has balls in this League.

You're the only one throwing out the completely arbitrary seven week figure. There is past evidence -- IN BUFFALO -- of the guy being bad in the locker room and, burning bridges as he left. You're completely ignoring recent history in order to make your point, which is still an incorrect one to make.

lmao how is 7 weeks arbitrary? You realize that's how many weeks are left in the season right? And no, I'm not "completely ignoring" recent history. You're just blowing it out of proportion. You act like our season would be doomed as soon as he walks into the locker room. He was on the Rams for 5 YEARS and the Dolphins for 4 YEARS. You act like you know him so well you can say for a fact he couldn't keep his head down for 7 freaking weeks. That's ridiculous.

Your argument would be better if the offensive line wasn't comin off their best game of the season.

What's the difference? Should I come back to this thread after they have another terrible game and say my argument is now better? We all know they're not going to play above average for the rest of the season.

At least somebody has balls in this League.

Denver obviously doesn't know what they're doing. He's going to ruin their locker room if they sign him and Denver will never win again(not that they ever win anyway).

lmao how is 7 weeks arbitrary? You realize that's how many weeks are left in the season right? And no, I'm not "completely ignoring" recent history. You're just blowing it out of proportion. You act like our season would be doomed as soon as he walks into the locker room. He was on the Rams for 5 YEARS and the Dolphins for 4 YEARS. You act like you know him so well you can say for a fact he couldn't keep his head down for 7 freaking weeks. That's ridiculous.

It's arbitrary because as we discussed earlier, seven weeks is more than enough time to destroy chemistry in a locker room -- hell, seven minutes is enough time sometimes. So, it's a completely useless number to throw out as some kind of time lock: "There's not enough time for him to become a cancer!" -- that's just false.

You are ignoring history. It's not like we're Dallas or a team with no history with the guy. He was really unpopular in the locker room and with the coaches, some of whom are still around. Remembering that isn't blowing anything out of proportion, rather it's keeping the realities of the situation in focus. We're a team he's played for, and worn out his welcome on. Just like he did in Miami. What you're suggesting is that he's magically learned his lesson and will be on his best behavior -- which even if it is true doesn't help assuage the current Bills who didn't like him and are still on the team.

Plus, the offensive line just played its best game of the year. You want to bring Richie in, get him up to speed (take him at least two weeks) meaning he doesn't really start until Week 13. Then you have to have the whole line learn to play together -- takes another game or two -- which means you're not even getting any benefit from bringing him in now but for the final 3 games while risking completely undercutting the chemistry in the locker room.

You're not thinking it through.

And this all comes from a guy who'd rather see a wet napkin starting for Pears.

There was bad blood between Incognito and the Bills coaches and/or management when he was here. They didn't want him back at all after his season. I'm unsure if it was just the coaches though, who would no longer be here.

There are no coaches or mgmt still here from when he was here except Brandon, and he does not get involved in football decisions. He is definitely an upgrade from Pears, and we should have taken him on an incentive laden contract with a morality clause in it. He knows it's his last chance.

If the NFL is going to take back a maroon like Buress who shoots himself in the leg, a dog killer in Vick, substance abusers, wife abusers, and so on, the NFL can take back an idiot who bullied another lineman who in my opinion was weak.

Who says he won't be able to play for 2 weeks? Legursky stepped in the for Chargers like 5 days after signing with them, and we all know Legursky never made the Pro Bowl.

Which coaches were there in 2009 that are still coaching for the Bills that supposedly have all this bad blood with Incognito?

Legursky had time to get in game shape -- and still got hurt for the year. Incognito has been sitting on the couch for almost two seasons now. The guy is not in football shape and putting him right out there is a good way to get him and Orton killed.

There are a few prominent players in that locker room who did not get along with Richie. Go back through and read up when the Bills let him go and you'll see what I'm talking about. The coaches have all moved on, but Brandon and some front office people who dealt with it first hand are still around.

Legursky had time to get in game shape -- and still got hurt for the year. Incognito has been sitting on the couch for almost two seasons now. The guy is not in football shape and putting him right out there is a good way to get him and Orton killed.

How do you know what he's been doing for the past two years? He's obviously still interested in playing football. Don't you think he'd be trying to stay in shape?

Look, we're obviously not going to agree. You think it'd be stupid to sign Incognito and I think it's stupid not to. There's not much else to say.

How do you know what he's been doing for the past two years? He's obviously still interested in playing football. Don't you think he'd be trying to stay in shape?

Staying in shape is easy. Staying in football shape is impossible unless you're playing. He hasn't been playing for close to two years and is now 31 -- which is when the body takes longer to bounce back than it does when you're 21 or even 28. This isn't conjecture, it's a fact that he's not in football shape and it takes at least a week, most times two, to get even close to football shape.

They're professional football players not little kids. Nothing else matters if they're winning and Incognito would assuredly give us a better chance of doing that than the guards we have now.

As the famous quote goes "Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it."

This USA Today article from 2013 nicely sums Incognito's career

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/11/05/incognito-bully-accusations-nebraska-freshman/3439819/

This excerpt paints a more accurate picture that you seem to have of his time here in Buffalo.

"The St. Louis Rams gave up on him after he head-butted two opponents in 2009, the latest of the 38 penalties he committed with the Rams in four seasons. The Buffalo Bills claimed him, but dumped him after three games, leading him to Miami, where he seemed to settle down after signing in 2010. He spoke of getting treatment for depression and learning from his mistakes."

Look, we're obviously not going to agree. You think it'd be stupid to sign Incognito and I think it's stupid not to. There's not much else to say.

I personally think the Incognito story with Jonathathan Martin was way overblown, and I was all for bringing him in, especially after how the O-line performed in the first half of the season. But I do think it's telling that NO ONE has taken him on. Not even a team with an injury taking a low cost flier on him. There's a reason why a struggling St. Louis team that prioritized O-line cut a young talented player outright mid-season. There's a reason he's widely considered a dirty player. There's a reason he's still unemployed. I'm not saying he's not worth the baggage, but then I don't know what all his baggage is. Therefore, I can't really say with any confidence that we should bring him in.