This is getting ridiculous

LeviF

http://nypost.com/2014/11/10/couple-fined-for-refusing-to-host-same-sex-wedding-on-their-farm

So here we have another lawsuit against a business owner who wouldn't host a same-sex "wedding" on their property/at their place of business. Public accommodation issues aside, this is the most interesting part of the article, to me:

Cynthia Gifford took a life-changing two- to three-minute phone call in 2012 from a woman she’d never met, Melisa Erwin, who was looking for a place to hold her wedding. A wedding — to another woman.

Gifford said she told her, politely, that she would not book a same-sex wedding ceremony at the farm.

She didn’t know it at the time, but the woman’s then-fianceé, Jennifer McCarthy, recorded the conversation. The pair then filed a formal complaint with the state Division of Human Rights. And this past August, an administrative law judge from The Bronx, Migdalia Pares, decreed that the farm was a “public accommodation’’ and ordered the penalties, after ruling that the Giffords had violated state law by discriminating against the two women.

They recorded the friggin' phone call! They came out of nowhere and made this phone call for the sole purpose of getting rejected (opinion). They carefully recorded the phone call (without the other party's knowledge) and took the recording to the authorities.

Let's put aside religion, tolerance, etc. and just call this what it is: harassment. I don't care which side of this you're on, this little "movement" they're doing is gonna bite them in the end.

FYI - in Texas, as well as many other states, it is legal to record phone calls without notifying the other party that you are doing so.

That's the case in New York as well, and has no bearing on the point I'm trying to make.

That's the case in New York as well, and has no bearing on the point I'm trying to make.

New York state you say?

I've got a very pro 2nd Amendment friend. Well OK, I have several very pro 2nd Amendment friends :P. But anyways, one in particula is from NYC and makes frequent trips back home.

I wonder what would happen if a very pro 2nd Amendment New Yorker called Michael Blomberg to ask if he could hold an NRA conference on one of the Mayor's estates. And if he tried to record the call

I get it. These Lesbians are upset that they are discriminated against. Discrimination is rather silly.

But, when you seek out discrimination it is just stupid. Maybe they think this will make them some sort of martyr? Or in 20 years we will remember them just like Rosa Parks? I mean, history does record things very glamorously and usually quite wrong, so it could very well be they're just like Rosa Parks - a big push for the gay rights movement.

Damn, this country is full of idiots.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably the best place to put this since it's about gay activists.

Here is a prominent progressive gay activist, friend of the Obamas, Pelosi, Biden, and other high-ranking progressives...busted for nailing a 15-year-old boy.

Fortunately for Terry Bean, he's a progressive, who believe progressives abusing the asses of teenage boys is more like a misunderstanding than anything else.

Probably the best place to put this since it's about gay activists.

Here is a prominent progressive gay activist, friend of the Obamas, Pelosi, Biden, and other high-ranking progressives...busted for nailing a 15-year-old boy.

Fortunately for Terry Bean, he's a progressive, who believe progressives abusing the asses of teenage boys is more like a misunderstanding than anything else.

Did the kid consent?

Does it matter?

For starters, it is the difference between violent, forcible rape and statutory rape.

And that feeds into the idea - which used to be common, and I can imagine is likely still prevalent in some circles - that gay adolescent men are helped in accepting their sexuality by...well, by having gay sex with avowed gay men. I'm phrasing it badly, but the principle as I understand it is that being an adolescent is difficult and confusing enough, let alone with the added difficulty and confusion of being a homosexual adolescent dealing with the pressure to conform in a heterosexual environment. So introducing such adolescents to the gay community - letting them know they're not alone in what they're going through, and they're not defective - helps them.

And there's arguably some validity to the idea, psychologically speaking. The problem is that the "gay community" is by necessity defined as "people who have gay sex," so "introduction to the gay community" by definition means "having gay sex" (and often "liberation...by having lots of gay sex"). Which is fine for consenting adults, but when you're talking about adolescents...well, that becomes statutory rape.

So I asked, because I was curious if the guy thought he was helping the kid...or if he were simply a predator.

For starters, it is the difference between violent, forcible rape and statutory rape.

And that feeds into the idea - which used to be common, and I can imagine is likely still prevalent in some circles - that gay adolescent men are helped in accepting their sexuality by...well, by having gay sex with avowed gay men. I'm phrasing it badly, but the principle as I understand it is that being an adolescent is difficult and confusing enough, let alone with the added difficulty and confusion of being a homosexual adolescent dealing with the pressure to conform in a heterosexual environment. So introducing such adolescents to the gay community - letting them know they're not alone in what they're going through, and they're not defective - helps them.

And there's arguably some validity to the idea, psychologically speaking. The problem is that the "gay community" is by necessity defined as "people who have gay sex," so "introduction to the gay community" by definition means "having gay sex" (and often "liberation...by having lots of gay sex"). Which is fine for consenting adults, but when you're talking about adolescents...well, that becomes statutory rape.

So I asked, because I was curious if the guy thought he was helping the kid...or if he were simply a predator.

By definition of law, if he's under 18, it's illegal. Regardless of motivation, in my opinion.

You seem to know an awful lot about gay sex and the gay community.

I wish my great looking, hot student teacher would have had the compassion to liberate me and bring me to accept my heterosexuality.

I wish my great looking, hot student teacher would have had the compassion to liberate me and bring me to accept my heterosexuality.

The last attractive teacher I ever had was back in 2nd grade, so I didn't even realize she was hot until several years later. All my female high school teachers were so ugly that they could scare the paint off a car.