The Bills will !@#$ing throttle the Dolphins Thursday

The Big Cat

Yesterday was awful. Just awful. Two straight years at home against the Chiefs and two games we just gave away. Two straight years of losses coming off the bye week in games decided by TWO untimely fumbles.

I mean, Jesus.

If ever there was a Bills loss, yesterday was it.

But you get the sense that the team is pissed. And with the short week, they sour memory of yesterday's game will linger right up until kickoff in Miami.

I had one eye on the Dolphins yesterday, and Tannehill looked like he was back to his jittery self. Now they're without their starting left tackle and already the Bills are better than any other team at making Tannehill look jittery.

Barring anymore fluky, game deciding blunders, I expect Thursday to be a bloodbath. Our defensive line just dominated yesterday, and Tannehill won't handle the pressure like Smith did yesterday.

I expect the Miami streak to continue.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday was awful. Just awful. Two straight years at home against the Chiefs and two games we just gave away. Two straight years of losses coming off the bye week in games decided by TWO untimely fumbles.

I mean, Jesus.

If ever there was a Bills loss, yesterday was it.

But you get the sense that the team is pissed. And with the short week, they sour memory of yesterday's game will linger right up until kickoff in Miami.

I had one eye on the Dolphins yesterday, and Tannehill looked like he was back to his jittery self. Now they're without their starting left tackle and already the Bills are better than any other team at making Tannehill look jittery.

Barring anymore fluky, game deciding blunders, I expect Thursday to be a bloodbath. Our defensive line just dominated yesterday, and Tannehill won't handle the pressure like Smith did yesterday.

I expect the Miami streak to continue.

I hope so, and I expect it, too, to be frank.

But I wish it would matter more, because this team has dug itself a HUGE hole in the AFC. It's to the point where I think we need to be as lucky against 2/3 of the Pats, Broncos and Packers, as we were unlucky against the Chiefs.

So I'm saying there's a chance, but not one that any Bills fan should be putting money on regardless of the Miami outcome.

But I wish it would matter more, because this team has dug itself a HUGE hole in the AFC. It's to the point where I think we need to be as lucky against 2/3 of the Pats, Broncos and Packers, as we were unlucky against the Chiefs.

So I'm saying there's a chance, but not one that any Bills fan should be putting money on regardless of the Miami outcome.

How can it not matter....I think the Bills win , and win big, the next 3 games.

8-4 , and we are saying no way???

having said that, i still think 11-5 is needed. Just cause the AFC North gets to play the South from both conferences....

really getting on my nerves how everyone keeps slurping the North. If i am correct, outside of beating each other, the whole divison has 1, count it, one win over a team with a winning record...and that Pittsburgh beating Indy.

Edited by plenzmd1

Pretty much how I feel about it today. Our fate is no longer in our hands. Not only do we need to win win most our remaining games, but we now need some other teams to have some losing stretches.

Barring anymore fluky, game deciding blunders, I expect Thursday to be a bloodbath.

thats the key Cat. Unfortunately we are the kings of fluky, game deciding blunders. Have been guilty of that in almost every loss.

With that said, I pretty much agree with your take. And the Chiefs game really was a must win because it seriously effects our playoffs chances with wild card implications losing to both the Chiefs and Chargers.

But the real test is going to be in the division. Realistically. If we win out in the division throughout the rest of the year and finish 5-1 in the division (a stretch, I know) we could very well win the division still. It's gonna take us winning out in the division, and a win in any 2 other games. That allows us 2 losses against either the Packers, Broncos, Browns, or Raiders. The preferred losses would be to the Packers and Raiders as far as playoff implications goes. But we really do hold our own fate at this point. Gotta keep winning the important games.

How can it not matter....I think the Bills win , and win big, the next 3 games.

8-4 , and we are saying no way???

having said that, i still think 11-5 is needed. Just cause the AFC North gets to play the South from both conferences....

really getting on my nerves how everyone keeps slurping the North. If i am correct, outside of beating each other, the whole divison has 1, count it, one win over a team with a winning record...and that Pittsburgh beating Indy.

To go 8-4 and then 11-5 means they need to go 3-0 for the rest of November, and 6-1 for the rest of the season (when is the last time the Bills have EVER put together a 6-1 stretch?). That seems very, very unlikely. 10-6 would in most seasons be a mark that every Bills fan should be ecstatic about, but that is still a major challenge to pull off, and an unsure path to the playoffs given how the Bills would have gotten there.

I think more people are pencilling in the Green Bay game as a likelier win than at Denver or NE, but the fact is that winning against the AFC opponents is going to help them more than anything else. It needs to start with the Dolphins, and I really don't think their playoff hopes can stomach another AFC loss.

It seems like every year we surmise that 11-5 will be needed to eek the playoffs, and every year we're wrong.

Also, for a team (KC) that's made its living winning ugly, there's a whole lot of confidence going around that they'll get to 10-6 by finishing 4-3 with five losable games still left on their schedule:

1. Seattle
  2. Denver
  3. @Arizona
  4. @Pittsburgh
  5. SD

It seems like every year we surmise that 11-5 will be needed to eek the playoffs, and every year we're wrong.

Also, for a team (KC) that's made its living winning ugly, there's a whole lot of confidence going around that they'll get to 10-6 by finishing 4-3 with five losable games still left on their schedule:

1. Seattle

2. Denver

3. @Arizona

4. @Pittsburgh

5. SD

Arizona looks to have just gotten a lot more beatable, and their 8-1 is built on a house of cards. I would call that one a push.

1. Seattle
  2. Denver
  3. @Arizona
  4. @Pittsburgh
  5. SD

The problem is that there are 5 other teams to contend with for a WC spot and they all have much better conference records than us. What are the chances none of them make it 10-6?

Arizona looks to have just gotten a lot more beatable, and their 8-1 is built on a house of cards. I would call that one a push.

Arizona, on the road, will be tough for any team. Honestly, the dropoff from Palmer to Stanton won't be that significant, considering its their blood-thirsty defense that's winning games for them.

If Smith thought he got banged around yesterday...

Arizona, on the road, will be tough for any team. Honestly, the dropoff from Palmer to Stanton won't be that significant, considering its their blood-thirsty defense that's winning games for them.

If Smith thought he got banged around yesterday...

I guess, but Stanton is completing under 50% of his passes. He'll have to be better than that, even to ride an awesome D.

The problem is that there are 5 other teams to contend with for a WC spot and they all have much better conference records than us. What are the chances none of them make it 10-6?

well theres certainly a chance another team gets to 10-6, which is fine, because then we would both get the WC spots....now if THREE teams get to 10-6 we will most likely get screwed....but whens the last time three 10-6 teams finished for WC spots?

well theres certainly a chance another team gets to 10-6, which is fine, because then we would both get the WC spots....now if THREE teams get to 10-6 we will most likely get screwed....but whens the last time three 10-6 teams finished for WC spots?

When's the last time a half dozen teams were this close in the WC race going into week 11 though?

When's the last time a half dozen teams were this close in the WC race going into week 11 though?

im guessing it happens close to every year....still have 7 games left, lotssss of time for separation to happen, which it will....we just gotta worry about getting to 10 wins