Who is the Bills' most frustrating player?

Who is the Bills' most frustrating player?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Bills' most frustrating player?

• Scott Chandler
    • Leodis McKelvin
    • Marquise Goodwin
    • CJ Spiller
    • Stephon Gilmore
    • Erik Pears
    • Other
    • Mike Williams (added)

There are a few guys here who either play so well at times, or are so talented that they should be stars. But it's what they do at other times that seems to define them.

I'm thinking of McKelvin in particular, and Scott Chandler as well, though they are very different players.

McKelvin is just one of the most athletically gifted guys on the team -- and perhaps in the league, at his position. He does get victimized at CB at times, but other times he just holds terrific coverage, usually on his own. It's what he does with the ball in his hands that is especially frustrating, though. The fumble today was inexcusable, but he also just seems to lack awareness in certain game situations. If he had just called a fair catch right before the final possession, the Bills would have had time for 1-2 more plays.

Chandler has the size and presence to be excellent at TE, but his hands absolutely leave something to be desired. He has at times this season shown flashes of being a great second-tier TE, but he is still good for a dumb penalty, a critical drop, or today, an inability to simply fall on the ball in the end zone and help protect the lead. Chandler is also frustrating because he represents the front office's general attitude toward a position that is defining the NFL right now. There are talented, unstoppable TEs out there tearing up the league. Our team won't draft one. Our TE can bail out the QB at times and can kill a drive at others. He is a mid-round castoff who is basically found money as a FA, considering his production. But he's also a signal of what we're not getting at the TE position.

Who is your most frustrating player? And I don't mean guys that just suck (Lee Smith), or most guys who are on the bench right now (I think that EJ's frustrating play is a non-factor at present, and the team has recognized that it was, in fact, frustrating).

Lee Smith is the worst player on our team. For the amount of time the guy plays its ridiculous how much he is penalized, he just seems to be lost out there.

another drop today, and then he followed it up with another 5 yard penalty because the buffoon can't remember the snap count for the 9 plays he's not on the bench. Everyone says he's a great blocker but I do not see it at all. cut that monkey.

Goodwin is injury prone but I'm not sure what anyone expects out of little guys playing in the NFL. There are virtually NONE in his size range in this league that are durable. They need to take away the kickoffs and the run plays with Goody. He's a long ball guy only, just leave it at that and he'll stay healthy. I like running backs returning kicks, they have the arms and the toughness to handle the ball. If Freddy was taking punts today we probably win this game because he isn't going to fumble like Leodis did.

Nothing against the speedsters and the dbacks, but these guys aren't the best people to be handling the ball on special teams plays.

There are a few guys here who either play so well at times, or are so talented that they should be stars. But it's what they do at other times that seems to define them.

I'm thinking of McKelvin in particular, and Scott Chandler as well, though they are very different players.

McKelvin is just one of the most athletically gifted guys on the team -- and perhaps in the league, at his position. He does get victimized at CB at times, but other times he just holds terrific coverage, usually on his own. It's what he does with the ball in his hands that is especially frustrating, though. The fumble today was inexcusable, but he also just seems to lack awareness in certain game situations. If he had just called a fair catch right before the final possession, the Bills would have had time for 1-2 more plays.

Chandler has the size and presence to be excellent at TE, but his hands absolutely leave something to be desired. He has at times this season shown flashes of being a great second-tier TE, but he is still good for a dumb penalty, a critical drop, or today, an inability to simply fall on the ball in the end zone and help protect the lead. Chandler is also frustrating because he represents the front office's general attitude toward a position that is defining the NFL right now. There are talented, unstoppable TEs out there tearing up the league. Our team won't draft one. Our TE can bail out the QB at times and can kill a drive at others. He is a mid-round castoff who is basically found money as a FA, considering his production. But he's also a signal of what we're not getting at the TE position.

Who is your most frustrating player? And I don't mean guys that just suck (Lee Smith), or most guys who are on the bench right now (I think that EJ's frustrating play is a non-factor at present, and the team has recognized that it was, in fact, frustrating).

I think you're being a little hard on Leo's last punt. While it was possible an extra play (that's all it would be) could've helped us, Leo getting 20 (like he just did on the punt before) or even breaking one could've also helped us. It wasn't too bad of a decision, it just didn't work.

Anyway, the answer is Leo, only because he has all the physical talent to be a star, he just can't put it all together consistently. Guys like Chandler mostly overachieve, while McLuvin sometimes underachieves. Coupled with the fact that he teeters constantly between having great games and horrific games, he's the most frustrating. He's like the JR Smith of the Bills (with a work ethic).

Chandler may not have the most talent, but he seems to get involved more than other TE's around his pay grade. I have seen stretches where Detroit's TE's in particular get one catch a game for about 3 straight weeks. I know they have Megatron, but I think Scotty gets open more, for whatever reason.

Edited by FireChan

Of those you listed Chandler. Every time I think hes ready to be "the guy" at TE (like clutch catch against vikes) he messes up or shows he's not consistent in the clutch. Yesterday's game was the critical push-off on a key 3rd down late, and before that not being able pick up Brown's end zone fumble (which would have most likely iced the game). Speaking of which, if Brown keeps playing and fumbling he'll replace Chandler on the list

Edited by JTSP

DB's get beat in this league. Why is that such a difficult concept for this board to grasp? Lee Smith is awful in every way. He is only frustrating because he is on the field in a uniform and not carrying water. How Marrone can have three TE's and not Mike Williams on game day is another in a long list of mistakes.

But to answer your question, it is Spiller. He has all the talent except he can't run the ball. It's kind of a necessary skill to be a RB. He can run but he can't run the ball. He does not see the hole. Dixon and Brown found the holes today and ran well. Spiller doesn't read blocks, doesn't know when and when not to accelerate, and I think he has asthma - because Chan was right he gets tired way to quickly. And of course he actually does something worse than Lee Smith - block. He appears to be the worst pass blocking RB in the league. Oh and the Bills used a first round pick on him when they had Lynch(four TD's today) and Jackson(heart and soul of the team for years).

McKelvin is the most frustrating player to watch on this team. He is second in the league in ints, but is always getting burned and sometimes looks completely lost. He did well last year, but has regressed in his CB role. The fumble is what it is. If Brown had not fumbled near the end zone and Orton hit the two WRs in the end zone-complete overthrows- this game would have been done in the third quarter. I see how every one is looking at Spiller, but he has a great gang around him. FJ, Brown, and Dixon have picked up where he couldn't play. It's not as frustrating as watching McKelvin. Well enough said. On to Miami on Thursday night.

McKelvin. That wasn't the first time he's given it to the fans in the pooper with an anti-clutch punt fumble.

it was a throwback to when he fumbled the game away against the Pats on Monday night. He's only personally lost 2 games for the Bills in his career