When do the phantom calls against us stop??

Big Turk

The PI call on Chandler is weak compared to what Gronk does on a routine basis with full immunity. The Bills were definitely under a microscope today. I thought the hold on Urbik was pretty ticky tack. Stuff like that usually doesn't get called. Neutral zone infraction on Hughes: was he really? I guess Henderson twitched on 4th & 1. Whatever. How about the guy yanking on Lee Smith's leg?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call on Williams was a good call. Henderson moved. Chandler pushed off. Am I missing something here?

type of stuff not called not week to week but crew to crew, we all know NE gets the opponent to jump and there lineman move there arms and hands a lot-

the league is incredibly inconsistent, officiating has been on the slide for atleast 4 years - they aren't getting any younger but they aren't giving up the paycheck either

can't touch a guy down field, well sometimes depending on who's officiating, maybe in the 4th quarter you can't after not calling it for 3 quarters - they suck the fun out of watching.

The late hit on Hogan, the Hali leg lift and PUNCHES THROWN - automatic ejection...ehh but not today and it goes on and on

I think the move is deliberate

https://t.co/ZJTyKmdCuU

I now see how everybody at the stadium, including me, saw no twitch. When you are watching the replay, you're looking down the line to see who jumped..............You would have to be directly looking at his knee to see that. How would the ref be looking right at his knee?

I now see how everybody at the stadium, including me, saw no twitch. When you are watching the replay, you're looking down the line to see who jumped..............You would have to be directly looking at his knee to see that. How would the ref be looking right at his knee?

Exactly!! The refs knee jerked themselves and called the Bills because they were sold on the call by KC. There's no way that the Refs saw the twitch of the leg. These old guys they have reffing the games would never be looking for that. They are watching the heads and the hands of the O Line. In the end though, Marrone (or whoever made the playcall to draw them offside) is a complete wuss. Sneak the damn ball and get a first down! dont rely on the refs to make the correct call when you know they suck anyway!!

My only call (non call) I don't agree with was the hit on Hogan. He's standing on the white paint, clearly out of bounds when the Chiefs safety launches himself at him. To me, that's as blatant a PF call that should've been made and it wasn't. not saying for sure that it would change the final outcome, but to me it's a clear missed call.

I think the move is deliberate

https://t.co/ZJTyKmdCuU

Absolutely -- definitely deliberate.

They called him on the shoulder, not the knee.

If the point of the O-lineman is to draw the D offside on a 4th and very short, it's always going to be called.

Well, they called it on the correct player, who twitched, so what are you debating? They never saw the twitch, just guessed someone might have twitched and got lucky because that player actually moved?

That's sort of...crazy.

It's also kind of crazy to wait a second or two, until after a defensive player on the other side I the line, jumps offsides, to call such a minor little movement that you can only see it when it's slowed down 100 times and magnified by 100 times.

If the ref saw such a minor subtle movement the. He should have called it right away, and he didn't. That makes me think he didn't see it. Remember he was standing 60-75 feet away. If the ref threw the flag right away then sure, but he didn't, so I don't believe he saw any movement and just guessed.

Absolutely -- definitely deliberate.

They called him on the shoulder, not the knee.

his shoulder doesn't move. Also the guy that jumps clearly has his head facing the ball so unless he has an eye that grew on the side of his helmet he couldn't see the slight twitch by henderson. Yes henderson twitched ever so slightly but I don't think either the chiefs defender or the ref saw it. Also like someone said why was the flag thrown so late. If henderson moved then why didn't they throw the flag then. Henderson didn't move for over a full second before the chiefs jump. Still it was a chicken **** call and the ball should have been snapped already for the qb sneak that Marrone and canthackett should have called Edited by kr632

Also in the GB Chi game last night, haha Dix was called for a personal foul for hitting a guy on the sideline who was still in bounds!!

That's how tight the refs are calling that stuff these days!!

For hogans hit to be a no call is ridiculous, and it obviously affected the outcome of the game.

Penalties need to be challengeable. Or maybe they need teams of refs watching video from the booth or something. This is getting absurd.

Also in the GB Chi game last night, haha Dix was called for a personal foul for hitting a guy on the sideline who was still in bounds!!

That's how tight the refs are calling that stuff these days!!

For hogans hit to be a no call is ridiculous, and it obviously affected the outcome of the game.

Penalties need to be challengeable. Or maybe they need teams of refs watching video from the booth or something. This is getting absurd.

Chandler barely touched him if at all...it didn't look like anyone on the Bills moved on the giant jumbotron replay and Williams didn't even touch Smith...maybe you need a bigger TV...the jumbotron replay is pretty clear

I got to agree with you on the Chandler call. Horrible call. Like you said Gronk gets away with much worse & never gets flagged. On the 3rd down play forget who the receiver was when he was a yard short that should of been a late hit. 2nd guy hit him 3 yards out of bounce. The other 2 calls though were the correct calls.

Also TH lifting up Chandlers leg and going after him well after the whistle. I thought there were a few PF calls missed today.

Refs didn't cost the game. We did that all on our own

I understand what your saying but it is just garbage week in & week out certain teams get calls that other teams do not. It is not fair and it is not right. I watched the Denver game after the Bills game yesterday & their receivers set illegal picks on almost every play. As mentioned before Gronk mugs the DBS on nearly every play & rarely gets called. But because the NFL wants to showcase Brady/Manning I firmly beleive they tell the refs to give these 2 teams more leeway then the average team such as the Bills. Very frustrating.

Edited by Gordio

Didn't read through all the posts but in fairness to the people at the game. When they showed the false start on the jumbotron they only showed the upper half of the line. So we didn't see any flinch. After watching the replay on tv after getting home I see it was a good call. Ticky tack? Maybe but it was the right call. The non-call on the hit out of bounds was a little ridiculous. But we gave that game away. You could feel it happening in the stadium. At the start of the fourth it was kind of eerie in the stadium..

The PI call on Chandler is weak compared to what Gronk does on a routine basis with full immunity. The Bills were definitely under a microscope today. I thought the hold on Urbik was pretty ticky tack. Stuff like that usually doesn't get called. Neutral zone infraction on Hughes: was he really? I guess Henderson twitched on 4th & 1. Whatever. How about the guy yanking on Lee Smith's leg?

the chandler penalty I had a clear view and watched him the entire time from the huddle to getting up off the ground. Didn't see chandler do anything to the defender. I don't recall a replay on the scoreboard either. I've noticed when the bills get !@#$ed they try not to show the replays. Except for the henderson off sides they showed that a bunch and must have doctored the video because henderson didn't move on the screen.

Didn't read through all the posts but in fairness to the people at the game. When they showed the false start on the jumbotron they only showed the upper half of the line. So we didn't see any flinch. After watching the replay on tv after getting home I see it was a good call. Ticky tack? Maybe but it was the right call. The non-call on the hit out of bounds was a little ridiculous. But we gave that game away. You could feel it happening in the stadium. At the start of the fourth it was kind of eerie in the stadium..

the entire game the crowd felt the same. It was one of the worst crowds I've seen at a bills game. Absolutely no energy the entire game. The jets game 2 weeks ago had a better bills crowd and that was in new jersey. The crowd was absolutely terrible

It's also kind of crazy to wait a second or two, until after a defensive player on the other side I the line, jumps offsides, to call such a minor little movement that you can only see it when it's slowed down 100 times and magnified by 100 times.

If the ref saw such a minor subtle movement the. He should have called it right away, and he didn't. That makes me think he didn't see it. Remember he was standing 60-75 feet away. If the ref threw the flag right away then sure, but he didn't, so I don't believe he saw any movement and just guessed.

So the ref just guessed that the guy who flinched twice before the KC guy jumped....was Henderson?

Why didn't he guess someone else?

And if you have television in your house or if you found television somewhere else and saw the (regular old) slow mo replay, you will clearly see Henderson moved his shoulders and then the KC guy jumped.

the chandler penalty I had a clear view and watched him the entire time from the huddle to getting up off the ground. Didn't see chandler do anything to the defender. I don't recall a replay on the scoreboard either. I've noticed when the bills get !@#$ed they try not to show the replays. Except for the henderson off sides they showed that a bunch and must have doctored the video because henderson didn't move on the screen.

The lunatic fringe is crushing hard this AM.

So the ref just guessed that the guy who flinched twice before the KC guy jumped....was Henderson?

Why didn't he guess someone else?

And if you have television in your house or if you found television somewhere else and saw the (regular old) slow mo replay, you will clearly see Henderson moved his shoulders and then the KC guy jumped.

yea. if the KC guy didnt jump, he mightve let him get away with it but once someone jumped there had to be a call. KC wouldve been right in being frustrated if we got a first out of it

Edited by NoSaint

The day after a Bills loss often is when the tin foil hats come out in numbers. But doctoring the video is one I have not heard before and gave me a morning giggle, thanks kr632 :)